• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

demidar

You're confusing sleep paralysis with hallucinatory sleep paralysis. Most people get the no moving without the scary bullshit

I've had hallucinatory sleep paralysis before, but only once. It was a very interesting experience. It was like your mind was continually pushing the brave-fear slider to the fear side and you're trying to push it back to the brave side with pure willpower. The smallest, most innocuous things can set you off.

Xiraiya

This is really good, I only just saw it for the first time yesterday despite having been playing P3P for awhile
FMVs wouldn't work before

Off to bed I go.

360pages

One thing I learned about writing is how pointless it is if no one is reading it. Then you need to change something to make it more appealing to the masses. I think I learned that from the time I have been writing.

As much as people usually say you should do it for the art, I think it's also important to pander to a certain extent.

I was going through my other Youtube acount and noticed I uploaded a student film I did a couple of semesters ago. I only filmed one scene but I edited this cut for the film festival our school does. We missed the entry date and because the teacher is the most super laid back guy, he let it slide in pretty much at the last minute so it couldn't be nominated for anything. But anyways, it involves anime and all that stuff. Hope you guys like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czHOqphtxck
Even though it was really really cringe worthy all the way through, I liked it. I had problems growing up when people made baseless asumptions
One thing I learned about writing is how pointless it is if no one is reading it. Then you need to change something to make it more appealing to the masses. I think I learned that from the time I have been writing.

As much as people usually say you should do it for the art, I think it's also important to pander to a certain extent.
I mostly don't have the time to read you stuff atm. I have a lot to go do before my break ends.

So, the girl was only interested in the guy for racist reasons, then went further with the racism, but only part of her original racism turned out to be correct? I'm not quite sure I got it. It seemed pretty similar to "The Otaku."
But with less of a clear point, if that's the right way to put it. Still a pretty well produced thing, even if the acting itself was a tad cheesy for my taste. 5/10.

Although, the name of the song "Heart Beats" is two words and was labeled as one in the credits. So my rating drops to a 0/10.

360pages

Even though it was really really cringe worthy all the way through, I liked it. I had problems growing up when people made baseless asumptions

I mostly don't have the time to read you stuff atm. I have a lot to go do before my break ends.

In a sense it would be pointless to ask someone to read something I wrote and then they read it. I legit need to find a way to attract strangers into reading it. So I actually took note and started reading the most popular stories on the site I visit regardless of what I think the quality of the story or characters, and after I read them I'll try to find what makes them so appealing and add it to my own writing.

demidar

In a sense it would be pointless to ask someone to read something I wrote and then they read it. I legit need to find a way to attract strangers into reading it. So I actually took note and started reading the most popular stories on the site I visit regardless of what I think the quality of the story or characters, and after I read them I'll try to find what makes them so appealing and add it to my own writing.

Can you post those stories in a writing subreddit? I would imagine they would be semi-active.

360pages

Can you post those stories in a writing subreddit? I would imagine they would be semi-active.

I really don't like reddit. Like the moment I visit their homepage I want to punch myself. And I doubt the problem is the site, but rather my writing quality and style, putting it on a more popular site probably wouldn't help at all

demidar

I really don't like reddit. Like the moment I visit their homepage I want to punch myself. And I doubt the problem is the site, but rather my writing quality and style, putting it on a more popular site probably wouldn't help at all

That's not really true. Discoverability is separate from writing quality. You could write the best thing ever and it still wouldn't get read if you don't use popular avenues to get it in front of people.

A bunch of people have grabbed it from the sale already.

Should I pick it up as well?

So, the girl was only interested in the guy for racist reasons, then went further with the racism, but only part of her original racism turned out to be correct? I'm not quite sure I got it. It seemed pretty similar to "The Otaku."
But with less of a clear point, if that's the right way to put it. Still a pretty well produced thing, even if the acting itself was a tad cheesy for my taste. 5/10.

Although, the name of the song "Heart Beats" is two words and was labeled as one in the credits. So my rating drops to a 0/10.
Well like I said, I just edited what I had to work with. Came in late since I was with another group at first. I WISH I had their film. I've seen bad student films and there was that. Whisper quite dialogue, no coherent plot and a fucking special effect SO bad, it makes Sharknado look like fucking Jurassic Park.

360pages

That's not really true. Discoverability is separate from writing quality. You could write the best thing ever and it still wouldn't get read if you don't use popular avenues to get it in front of people.

Should I pick it up as well?

Well, I only started this evaluation due to other stories on the site having overall more hits. Some of which I found...kind of bad, (Which makes me a super hypocrite since if they are more popular they must be doing something right)

So I took a step back and looked at my writing, and decided that I should probably read more things on the site rather than regular books at the moment. Just to see if I can at least hit a target demographic.

demidar

Sure. It's super cheap. $2.79 and the cheapest it's ever been according to Enhanced Steam. It has cards you can sell.

Fuck it. Bought with all DLC.

Well, I only started this evaluation due to other stories on the site having overall more hits. Some of which I found...kind of bad, (Which makes me a super hypocrite since if they are more popular they must be doing something right)

So I took a step back and looked at my writing, and decided that I should probably read more things on the site rather than regular books at the moment. Just to see if I can at least hit a target demographic.

Things can be popular for reasons other than quality, so it's up to you to find out what that is. Could be fanservice, could be an interesting premise being executed poorly, could be because people are attracted to trainwrecks. Then see what you want to incorporate in to your writing style, even if doesn't raise the quality of your writing.

It's like $2.

How did that guy fly five feet and faze through multiple tree branches just from getting sprayed by a hose.
Have you ever been sprayed by those super nozzles?

I didn't mean that film, I meant the one my first group made. It was supposed to be a serious thing where the gf of the main character gets run over by a bus and EVERYONE including the teacher bursted out laughing when we screened it in class.

Alfebit

Banned
I was going through my other Youtube acount and noticed I uploaded a student film I did a couple of semesters ago. I only filmed one scene but I edited this cut for the film festival our school does. We missed the entry date and because the teacher is the most super laid back guy, he let it slide in pretty much at the last minute so it couldn't be nominated for anything. But anyways, it involves anime and all that stuff. Hope you guys like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czHOqphtxck

Holy crap.

Have you ever been sprayed by those super nozzles?

I didn't mean that film, I meant the one my first group made. It was supposed to be a serious thing where the gf of the main character gets run over by a bus and EVERYONE including the teacher bursted out laughing when we screened it in class.

That just sounds amazing.

Oh geez.

Monster hunter 4 got a price cut on amazon and its only 30 dollars now. I don't even know if I'll like the game and I'm already super tempted to pre order. But preordering from amazon is the WORST too.

That just sounds amazing.
Fuck I wish it was on YouTube or something. I'll check tomorrow. I checked out even before they started filming. The first idea was some melodramatic film about a girl calling home because she ran away but it was the wrong number but the parents told her to come home anyways and blah blah blah. I think they filmed their final maybe a week before it was due with a completely new story and yeah it showed.

Oh geez.

Monster hunter 4 got a price cut on amazon and its only 30 dollars now. I don't even know if I'll like the game and I'm already super tempted to pre order. But preordering from amazon is the WORST too.
Fuck. I have the LE preordered. $30 sounds so good...

Zenfalcia

Oh geez.

Really? I havent had any problems from any of my pre-orders.. a price cut is nice.
I fighting someone named ausukalangley on ultimax and theyre plating Rise.

Are they good?

So, totally forgot its my birthday today until my facebook started getting spammed with notifications

birthday-pilotcat%20(1).gif

Shackzam

Just met my first lag switch abuser in guilty gear. The game says it was 4 frames of lag, but it was fucking lying to me. He played Ky and when he got a life lead it was some tough shit for me.

Top Bottom