• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

360pages

I legit think the new OP is the worst one yet. Like a huge drop, even if Stand Proud wasn't as good as the first two, it was still damn good. This one is just kind of...meh.

sjay1994

.... wait Jojo is up?

Brb

1380952153859.gif

sjack

Banned
Yeah that new OP is pretty bleh, and the song choice for the ED is even worse. The lack of a strong presence from DIO...
with the exception of the foreshadowing of his stand ability
...makes me think that these are not the only OP and ED planned for this season. It would be a huge bummer if they are.

sjay1994

Yeah that new OP is pretty bleh, and the song choice for the ED is even worse. The lack of a strong presence from DIO...
...makes me think that these are not the only OP and ED planned for this season. It would be a huge bummer if they are.

Yeah.... that new OP sounds like what I would think a Jojo musical would sound like.

Xiraiya

That was the impression I got too.

I like the new OP. I think everyone is talking shit. The new ED is pretty good, never heard of them before so now I'll listen to some of their stuff and see if I like them more.

Yeah.... that new OP sounds like what I would think a Jojo musical would sound like.

Like I said a few pages back, I get what they're going for but having all 3 guys from each opening singing a section and none of them sounding anything like the rest completely wrecks the flow of the song and the ORAORAORA at the end is just tragically bad.

demidar

I want thoughts and reactions to the new JoJo OP from the Super Best Friends. Maybe someone should make an avatar bet on whether they like it or not?

sjack

Banned
I want thoughts and reactions to the new JoJo OP from the Super Best Friends. Maybe someone should make an avatar bet on whether they like it or not?

Pat likes the OP and dislikes the ED
Woolie likes the OP and the ED because of the fact he's read part 5, which has some part 3 nostalgia sprinkled in it and is basically what the new ED is going for (e.g. the picture of the Stardust Crusaders at the end)

EDIT: And Liam and Matt basically have opinion on it because they're casual admirers of Jojo

sjay1994

Like Stand Proud, the new OP has a clever title.

But it doesn't sound good.

I would wager to change my avatar to Kakyoin cunnilingus.... but this avatar has kinda grown on me.

OP and ED aside, I quite enjoyed the episode. I've always known who Iggy was but I knew nothing at all about him other than who he is and what his Stand looks like. Very funny character thus far.

These new Stand users seem pretty cool as well, even though this first ones Stand just seems to be a Graboid.

Anung

Un Rama
Oh God. So I actually did just sit on my couch since 11 this morning playing Ishin. It's been a while since I've been this into a game.

Welp, I didn't like the new OP but I did like the new ED - Still I like Rondabout and Walk Like An Egypcian way more.

Nothing will ever beat Roundabout.

Walk Like An Egyptian was pretty god damn good and probably could have stayed on and made sense, but I like the new one as well.

Xiraiya

Pat likes the OP and dislikes the ED
Woolie likes the OP and the ED because of the fact he's read part 5, which has some part 3 nostalgia sprinkled in it and is basically what the new ED is going for (e.g. the picture of the Stardust Crusaders at the end)

I don't dislike the OP I think it's a typical JoJo opening but previous ones were better, I don't care for the ED music AT ALL, but I do like the animation.

JoJo94

Yeah after three listens I think the new op is decent. Not my favorite but it's not that bad. I don't like the Ed right now though.

Zenfalcia

While I can't watch JoJo, I did watch Saekano. It's actually pretty fun and self aware.
iwawpzKSPMfgk.gif

Saekano is nice.. at least it shows you up front how most of the show will play out. Harem rom com amd making a doujin game/visual novel. So much fanservice too..

i forgot to say it's a little tropey.

Zenfalcia

1gW9a.gif

A little? It's the tropiest shit, but it seems self aware enough of those tropes for it not to bug me too much.

It's pretty standard anime, but I'm a sucker for some standard-ass anime.

Yeah.. i mean..
A hotspring scene at the very beginning of the episode?
it's going to be dumb fun i hope.. i hope it has some nice insight for making visual novels.. :3
Yuss. Got the Billboard tier in the Driftstage Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage?ref=hero_thanks

conglaruations.

Top Bottom