• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

demidar

It's alright but it's missing something, can't really put my finger on it

The creative concessions made to make sure all three uhh, singers(?) have equal contribution also removed any sense of establishing a strong unified tone, theme or identity to the OP which was present in Sono Chi and Bloody Stream (kinda iffy on Stand Proud to be honest).

...is my guess.

croten

The creative concessions made to make sure all three uhh, singers(?) have equal contribution also removed any sense of establishing a strong unified tone, theme or identity to the OP which was present in Sono Chi and Bloody Stream (kinda iffy on Stand Proud to be honest).

...is my guess.

I mean the ORA ORA ORA MUDA MUDA MUDA part was cool... I guess...

Mr.Jack

Neo Member

1CERx.jpg

...is my guess.

It also lacks a bit of... Oomph! if you know what I mean. I really don't know how to describe it also i'm not to big on the Ora Ora Ora at the end

It also lacks a bit of... Oomph! if you know what I mean. I really don't know how to describe it also i'm not to big on the Ora Ora Ora at the end

Eh I won't complain as long as the actual anime delivers. They tried taking a more serious dark tone with it and they forgot to add in that Jojo hype.

As far as anime OP's in general go, it's really good, but I expect more with Jojo.

Basically the same thing as calling that game with the character called Dante and naming it DmC

Not sure how I feel about the new stardust crusaders OP. I'll have to hear it a few times in the context of the show before I decide my opinion, as I didn't know how to fee about stand proud before I fell in love with it.

demidar

Yeah I know what you mean. There's no spike in hype or fabulousness, it's just sort of steady throughout. Also not a fan of the ORAORAORA at the end.

ultimax

Not sure how I feel about the new stardust crusaders OP. I'll have to hear it a few times in the context of the show before I decide my opinion, as I didn't know how to fee about stand proud before I fell in love with it.

i was just gonna say this. I didnt like stand proud at first, but now its my favorite OP.

also screw you guys who said the OP wasn't gonna be there, abu wins
:p

i was just gonna say this. I didnt like stand proud at first, but now its my favorite OP.

also screw you guys who said the OP wasn't gonna be there, abu wins
:p

You probably cheated your way to victory like you always do you whore.

But yeah, OPs, especially Jojo's, always take time to know how I really feel about them. I didn't love Jojo's first OP till about episode 5 where it really started to click.

Listened to it a few more times. It's growing on me. The song doesn't make me get pumped like the other OPs do, but it has something else, something that I can't describe, that sets it apart from the previous three and I appreciate that. Also, I like the ora ora part.

ultimax

You probably cheated your way to victory like you always do you whore.

But yeah, OPs, especially Jojo's, always take time to know how I really feel about them. I didn't love Jojo's first OP till about episode 5 where it really started to click.
Waluigi.gif

fate/zero is still best OP
Listened to it a few more times. It's growing on me. The song doesn't make me get pumped like the other OPs do, but it has something else, something that I can't describe, that sets it apart from the previous three and I appreciate that. Also, I like the ora ora part.

It's working! I think it will do a fine job describing the tone of the egypt arc, which is what an OP is supposed to do. Not just be hype for no reason

demidar

Hopefully it'll grow on me too. I liked Sono Chi no Sadame on my first listen, loved Bloody Stream on the first listen, Stand Proud dazzled me with its visuals but after that faded away I was rather meh on it.

Edit: Feh, I'm prattling on like an old man. I'll stop now.

3rd time listening to it, and it's growing on me quickly. The Ora part at the end gets me hype now lol.

Second time listening to the jojo OP. It's grown on me significantly more. It's pretty good in its own way. If there's one thing I like about the ops it's how they're each different from the last.

It's gonna take a lot to top Sonochi and Stand Proud, but I really like this one.

I can't listen to the new Op yet but I mirror what a lot of people have said so far, I did not love Bloody Stream from the start but it grew to be my favourite and I disliked Stand Proud until I heard the full version of the song. You guys are getting me super hyped for new JoJo but I'm stuck in classes for most of the day
MildlySaltyGirl.gif

I can't listen to the new Op yet but I mirror what a lot of people have said so far, I did not love Bloody Stream from the start but it grew to be my favourite and I disliked Stand Proud until I heard the full version of the song. You guys are getting me super hyped for new JoJo but I'm stuck in classes for most of the day
MildlySaltyGirl.gif

I'm stuck at work for another 11 hours

Ohhhhhh End of Za Warudo...huh I just got it...also took me a little to understand why there was so much clock imagery.

I also think with the second half now starting we should be more aware of part 3 spoilers. I know it's an 80s manga, but people are now seeing it for the first time (like me) and want to go in completely blind. Wouldn't want to ruin the hype for them.

All JoJo openings start out not very nice to listen to until a few episodes in.

The problem with it is that the song has no flow. It's all over the place.

I get what they're trying to do having both singers from the first and second openings but it simply doesn't work with the way it's composed.

Xiraiya

Yeah be mindful of what people do/don't know since they might know only parts of stuff coming up. I accidentally spoiled Beloved on a detail awhile ago, even though this detail was literally the first thing I had ever seen of JoJo when I was like 14/15 and saw again multiple times throughout the years and is pretty much one of the only things I'd seen about a character until I started the new anime, so I didn't think twice about it.
So people making a big deal about Dio's "ZA WARUDO" and what it does being a secret seems strange to me as that is all I kept seeing about him for years as a popular meme everywhere

Top Bottom