• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

demidar

Pat and Woolie on the podcast. I'm sure I'll quit when I hit the overworld or it tells me to find a place where I dunno where it is.

Yep. I love SMT4, but the overworld is fucking TERRIBLE. I'm sure it makes sense to a Japanese person, but not to us westerners.

Mike
Anung
Joe
OkindOne
Banana Aeon
PhantomGaming
JesterJoust
PfantzyPantz
and Glitchesarecool
get the fuck off your ass, get on your WiiU, and accept my friend requests dammit

Pat and Woolie on the podcast. I'm sure I'll quit when I hit the overworld or it tells me to find a place where I dunno where it is.

Have people really been getting that lost? I beat the game on chaos and I don't remember getting lost more than like once or twice. Usually just talking to people tells me what direction everything is.

demidar

Mike
Anung
Joe
OkindOne
Banana Aeon
PhantomGaming
JesterJoust
PfantzyPantz
and Glitchesarecool
get the fuck off your ass, get on your WiiU, and accept my friend requests dammit

Got left out OTL

In that case, anyone want to Smash? Since I live in prison, I prefer 1v1 but we can try out a proper 4 player brawl and see if it's servicable.

Xiraiya

I have the best friends, don't I?
2sM2wm.png
What would you do without us?

Have people really been getting that lost? I beat the game on chaos and I don't remember getting lost more than like once or twice. Usually just talking to people tells me what direction everything is.
I get lost in games without bad direction and confusing layouts.
I have a friend that uses that. Haven't seen anyone else use it besides them.
Wow this was a pointless post I apologize
Don't apologize be like the rest of us.

...I gotta give Ninja Dog Hayashi some credit. He actually made Rachel fun to play in Sigma 2. Giving her a machine gun was a smart move, along with wall running as well as making movement much tighter.

360pages

Oh, wow, editing is a legit nightmare. Like a legit nightmare.

It takes up to anyway from 10-15 min to edit a single chapter. More if I want to check for my prose and sentence structure. Paper Rater is decent catching some stuff. But whitesmoke improves my prose quite a bit. (It points out redundancies and over used words)

360pages

...I gotta give Ninja Dog Hayashi some credit. He actually made Rachel fun to play in Sigma 2. Giving her a machine gun was a smart move, along with wall running as well as making movement much tighter.

I legit don't care much for Sigma 2...like not at all, I actually enjoyed RE more. Even though I know Sigma is the better game.

I legit don't care much for Sigma 2...like not at all, I actually enjoyed RE more. Even though I know Sigma is the better game.
I tried the Razor's Edge demo, the reliance on Steel on Bone and the enemies with their constant auto blocking bullshit makes me not want to play the full game.

360pages

I tried the Razor's Edge demo, the reliance on Steel on Bone and the enemies with their constant auto blocking bullshit makes me not want to play the full game.

It's fine on normal and hard, but it's borderline unplayable on Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja. Ultimate Ninja is the hardiest difficulty in any NG game, for all the wrong reasons.

Alchemist are broken as fuck, enemies have the health of Sigma 2 enemies, but the numbers of NG2. (You notice that Ryu takes a lot less damage in Ninja Gaiden 2 from each hit due to the sheer numbers of foes, to balance out the fact that you could be fighting up to 40 foes at a time) RE removed this point, you will be fighting 40+ Auto dodge and blocking enemies that can reduce your health in half with one attack all having sigma 2 level health with your only healing option being ninpo

Having Kill La Kill withdrawals

I miss that badass chick and her witty sailor outfit.

Anyway I am at the Earth Temple in Wind Waker. Its my favorite dungeon in the game

It's fine on normal and hard, but it's borderline unplayable on Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja. Ultimate Ninja is the hardiest difficulty in any NG game, for all the wrong reasons.

Alchemist are broken as fuck, enemies have the health of Sigma 2 enemies, but the numbers of NG2. (You notice that Ryu takes a lot less damage in Ninja Gaiden 2 from each hit due to the sheer numbers of foes, to balance out the fact that you could be fighting up to 40 foes at a time) RE removed this point, you will be fighting 40+ Auto dodge and blocking enemies that can reduce your health in half with one attack all having sigma 2 level health with your only healing option being ninpo
Yeah...in the situation I'm in with now way to play vanilla NG2, I'd rather stick with Sigma 2 than Razor's Edge. A polished turd is still a turd.

360pages

Yeah...in the situation I'm in with now way to play vanilla NG2, I'd rather stick with Sigma 2 than Razor's Edge. A polished turd is still a turd.

RE isn't good, but I would still recommend playing it if you can find it cheap for 20$ Just so I can see your reaction to some of the bullshit they pull with enemies and bosses (The final boss is trash, so much so they completely remove it in chapter challenge mode)

But I do think it's important to play it simply to show, just because an action game has all the parts, doesn't matte if those parts do not work well together.

Top Bottom