• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's really fucking not, setting up Player 1 is fine but then it automatically tries to set up player 2 and then starts overriding my Player 1 settings because I can't cancel or get out it at that point, it's like no fuck off I'm never going to local play this game on one keyboard so stop putting that option there.

It shouldn't be overriding your player 1 settings unless you're choosing duplicate keys for player 2. Just bind the player 2 keys to something on the other side of the keyboard, or another input method entirely. Skullgirls (and Iron Galaxy titles) are generally lauded for their easy control customization.

Xiraiya

Player 2 isn't even set as anything in controllers, but yet it still tries to set keys, there has got to be a way I can unmap Player 2 entirely from the keyboard so when I'm setting Player 1 controls it won't suddenly start setting Player 2 controls.

and just like that SAO is forever added to my no way in hell list
tumblr_nctgkaWGoK1sdv4s4o2_250.gif

tumblr_nctgkaWGoK1sdv4s4o1_250.gif

i bet Liam secretly watches it

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah. The first 3 or so episodes were good and then it just plummeted. Apparently the 2nd arc is even worse.

You guys have no idea. I watched the entire show aside from the second season. The second arc is absolute horseshit. The first arc is kind of interesting for a while, enjoyable, even, but that second arc.

DEAR GOD NO

You guys have no idea. I watched the entire show aside from the second season. The second arc is absolute horseshit. The first arc is kind of interesting for a while, enjoyable, even, but that second arc.

DEAR GOD NO
I kinda want to watch it, to see a trainwreck in motion, but I don't even have time for good anime, let alone bad ones.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

DEAR GOD NO
I have seen everything of SAO (first and second season) and I can say that it is shit.

360pages

Man, just got done eating a steak with garlic Potato's and a loaf of bread from Outback Steak house.

It wasn't bad...but the problem is I legit felt like I was eating at any restaurant, no like their Steaks taste the same as the ones from Rubytuesdays

croten

We shitting on SAO again? Sweet! Whens season 2 finish so I can watch it?

Also joined here near the end of OT1, didn't post much until OT2

What? Is this actually a viable build?
It's what I used in Nocturne. Though the order of attack isn't like that game where the character with highest agility goes first (your party always has a set order you determine), you do not want any of your attacks to miss, and any chance of critical hits is nice to have.

Besides, it's not as hard as Nocturne or SMT IV's early game, but it's still no slouch if you aren't using strategies that you expect to use in a MegaTen game to succeed (maximizng press turns, buffs and debuffs, and so on).

Tako

Man, just got done eating a steak with garlic Potato's and a loaf of bread from Outback Steak house.

It wasn't bad...but the problem is I legit felt like I was eating at any restaurant, no like their Steaks taste the same as the ones from Rubytuesdays

I hope you got that steak medium rare and if you didn't LEAVE

Also PG, there are hunting and leveling mantras, which I'll say is to make sure to use your hunt skills to get extra mantra points (don't worry about getting stomach aches so long as you have an item to cure it), and for choosing mantras to level, look at each character's starting skills, and focus on the mantras that extend from that (Serph has ice skills, so master mantras that have ice spells and passive skills, for example).

Lastly, since the game let's you transfer your save to DDS2 for certain bonuses, there are a couple dialog choices that are actually important in regards to unlocking an extra party member in the second game. Though whether or not you want to get that stuff on your first run or wait till new cycle after discovering shit for yourself is up to you.

It's what I used in Nocturne. Though the order of attack isn't like that game where the character with highest agility goes first (your party always has a set order you determine), you do not want any of your attacks to miss, and any chance of critical hits is nice to have.

Besides, it's not as hard as Nocturne or SMT IV's early game, but it's still no slouch if you aren't using strategies that you expect to use in a MegaTen game to succeed (maximizng press turns, buffs and debuffs, and so on).

Hmmm. Alright. It just seems weird to not prioritize in either Magic of Physical.

Matt just linked this on his Twitter
https://t.co/6XbbcTqUAl
Berserk SNK style

That sure fits the tone of Berserk.

Hmmm. Alright. It just seems weird to not prioritize in either Magic of Physical.
It's certainly different, but that's what the other party members are there for. Especially when you can determine which mantras they can learn and customize their skill sets as well. It's just the stats that level on their own where as you have to pick Serph's.

Still, excited that you're gonna be playing this game. It's one of a kind.

Kind of want to write a review of Kill La Kill. I finished the show 24 hrs ago so I reckon its time.

This would be my ranking of the shows I watched in 2014

1. True Detective
2. Game of Thrones Season 4
3. Kill La Kill
4. Tie between Bojack Horseman and Hajime no Ippo
5. Orange is the New Black Season 2
6. Marco Polo

I see more movies rather than watch television

Also PG, there are hunting and leveling mantras, which I'll say is to make sure to use your hunt skills to get extra mantra points (don't worry about getting stomach aches so long as you have an item to cure it), and for choosing mantras to level, look at each character's starting skills, and focus on the mantras that extend from that (Serph has ice skills, so master mantras that have ice spells and passive skills, for example).

Lastly, since the game let's you transfer your save to DDS2 for certain bonuses, there are a couple dialog choices that are actually important in regards to unlocking an extra party member in the second game. Though whether or not you want to get that stuff on your first run or wait till new cycle after discovering shit for yourself is up to you.

It's certainly different, but that's what the other party members are there for. Especially when you can determine which mantras they can learn and customize their skill sets as well. It's just the stats that level on their own where as you have to pick Serph's.

Still, excited that you're gonna be playing this game. It's one of a kind.

Alright. So, prioritize agi/luk and get the appropriate mantras. Got it. Thanks for the help.

ultimax

So I bought a few things on steam the other day, and those bastards charged me twice for the same shit. Anyone know where I should go bitch and complain to?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Medium rare is the best.

So I bought a few things on steam the other day, and those bastards charged me twice for the same things. Anyone know where I should go bitch and complain to?

One of those isn't an authorization charge, is it? Where it goes away after a few days? I'd go to Steam support and open a ticket. You need a separate Steam support account. I hope things work out for you, as Steam customer service is a bit hit or miss. Just be persistent.

360pages

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys like your game over screens? After seeing the Persona 2:Innocent Sin game over sequence so many times, I'm starting the unsubtle way Philemon tells me to reload my save. Also SMT3's game over screen is just plain beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywOADyH7JM

Best game over theme ever. (It's funny because the characters are students of evil academy and it's implying they are looking for new students to fill their place.)

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys like your game over screens? After seeing the Persona 2:Innocent Sin game over sequence so many times, I'm starting to like the unsubtle way Philemon tells me to reload my save. Also SMT3's game over screen is just plain beautiful.
I just realized that because I always have some revival beads on me I hadn't seen that ever, that's actually pretty good. I like quick ones that have a bit of presence if that makes any sense.
Anyone gonna get Lethal Leagues while it's on sale?
Not this time, maybe next sale if I have some available money.

Top Bottom