• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Applying for a credit card sucks. You need good credit history to get a credit card, but you can't even get credit history without a credit card. Now I got to go to another bank and get a prepaid card and use it for 6 months before I can even get a credit card.

Looks like I also got accepted into the Halo 5 beta. Guess I should give that a try soon.

There are some decent starter cards out there that you can apply for, some specifically tailored for students that have next to no credit history. The rates will be higher, but you shouldn't be using the card to make purchases you don't already have the funds for. I'm not sure that a prepaid card will actually affect your credit in any way.

Get it on PC. Future proof. Modding community. All input methods.
Thinking more about it, I'm too invested in the shit I've bought for Ultimate on PS3 that I'll just stick with that and upgrade it in February.

And you mention mods, but that just makes me want the Ninja Gaiden games ported to PC after this. Especially 2 so people can combine vanilla and sigma 2 for the best of both worlds. But hey, I can dream...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thinking more about it, I'm too invested in the shit I've bought for Ultimate on PS3 that I'll just stick with that and upgrade it in February.

And you mention mods, but that just makes me want the Ninja Gaiden games ported to PC after this. Especially 2 so people can combine vanilla and sigma 2 for the best of both worlds. But hey, I can dream...

PS3? But that soft engine, though.

DLC carries over. I think it carries over from PS3 to PS4, but I'm not positive about that.

360pages

Actually Arc have you seen any Ultimate Ninja mode gameplay of NG3RE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12s42SjdHsY

You can see where thy got some things right and some things so wrong.

ultimax

It could be the same thing that happened with our work. Maybe the first time the credit card didn't go through due to a machine error so they ran it again. If the pending one does go through, then email them. Also, from the steam site
Oh shit you could be right. It was an error when I pressed check out the first time.

image.php

Hold up, when did Obie watch KLK?

360pages

Christmastime game rush!
Wii U
Smash U
Bayo 2
Hyrule Warriors
3D World
Okami
Mad World
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
Armored Core 4
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Advanced Warfare

I am not unhappy with a single one of these games.
On a side note, Naruto's story is infinitely more tolerable in cutscene form, but the final boss of that game is BROKEN and Killer Bee is fucking intolerable

The final fight in that game is way too long...Like legit 45min.

There are some decent starter cards out there that you can apply for, some specifically tailored for students that have next to no credit history. The rates will be higher, but you shouldn't be using the card to make purchases you don't already have the funds for. I'm not sure that a prepaid card will actually affect your credit in any way.

The banker at Chase told me they're more likely to give me a credit card if I have a prepaid card and pay it off in time. Well I applied for a credit card today anyway so hopefully I luck out and manage to get one

Find someone to co-sign off on giving you a card off of their credit line.

Or: Secured Credit Card

Or: Charge Card

That's what I did. I used my dad's annual salary to sign up with him, but I'm still not sure if I'll get it.

I don't understand skype, the actual forum is absolutely riddled with complaints about Skype's new look and the still many MSN features that are missing when they decided to merge MSN users out of a polished program into Skype's garbage.

It's been over a year now, I can't fathom what is making them refuse to fix Skype in practical ways with that much obvious negative feedback.

It's the same shit google does with youtube and facebook does as well, where they add shit to try and make you think they've improved things but it doesn't fool anyone and just makes it a horrible mess. Yet it's like they completely shut themselves off from everyone else and never listen to them despite everyone complaining about the new garbage they put out. Like they think just because they do something new they have to stick with it no matter what like mother fucker no, you can change your shit back and people will probably appreciate you more for that than pushing your messy broken mess you just made.

The banker at Chase told me they're more likely to give me a credit card if I have a prepaid card and pay it off in time. Well I applied for a credit card today anyway so hopefully I luck out and manage to get one

That's what I did. I used my dad's annual salary to sign up with him, but I'm still not sure if I'll get it.

Have you ever looked up your credit score?

Have you ever looked up your credit score?

Nope. I figured it was fine though since the guy told me I have great credit score since no one ever signed up in my name and I never bought anything on a credit card. Plus I have a decent sized balance in my bank account. Any place to look up my score though?

Oh shit you could be right. It was an error when I pressed check out the first time.

There you go. It attempted the transaction and didn't go through, so that's why its still pending even though you've already gotten the games. It shouldn't go through, but keep checking.

WHAT!? BUT JOJO IS STARTING SOON. I swear, if these lizard nerd assholes deny me my stardust crusaders I will hunt them down to the end of the world

Those reptilian bastards are really pissin' me off! Crunchyroll-kun! Ganbatte!
I'll keep anime alive by myself if I have to

ultimax

You can find other solutions if crunchyroll goes down. Nyaa~
Not going to my local anime store. Especially not for jojo. I mean I have a lot of blu rays I haven't even opened yet, so I guess I can watch those
*cough spice and wolf and steins gate cough*

Jesus christ, Skype just updated and they continue to display their absolute incompetence by making it look like a goddamn mobile phone app, The text being all over the skype window in bubbles instead of in a regular listed manner is retarded.

Welcome to a month ago when I was bitching about the same thing.

PS3? But that soft engine, though.

DLC carries over. I think it carries over from PS3 to PS4, but I'm not positive about that.
If both games and DLC are cross platform like Xrd, then that would be nice and I could move to playing it on PS4. But I still play fighting games with a stick so I'll stick with a platform in which I can use it.

Actually Arc have you seen any Ultimate Ninja mode gameplay of NG3RE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12s42SjdHsY

You can see where thy got some things right and some things so wrong.
I watched an Ultimate Ninja playthrough of Razor's Edge recently. The way attacks connect to enemies looks more streamlined and makes combo flow faster, but everything else mechanic wise I still feel the same about.

Nope. I figured it was fine though since the guy told me I have great credit score since no one ever signed up in my name and I never bought anything on a credit card. Plus I have a decent sized balance in my bank account. Any place to look up my score though?

Creditkarma.com

They're not perfect, but they're free and they guesstimate your score.

If you're in the 700s, you're in a good area.

Zenfalcia

Not going to my local anime store. Especially not for jojo. I mean I have a lot of blu rays I haven't even opened yet, so I guess I can watch those
*cough spice and wolf and steins gate cough*

Well, you can get some high quality versions of jojo from the local anime stores. Crunchy roll isn't the best quality. Their 1080p is just upscaled 720p if i remember correctly.

Both seasons of spice and wolf? And why have you not watched those?

Okingjrr

Hype shall happen. You should've got it the last like 20 times it was on sale.

Yeah it will!
If my internet connection holds up.
I know, but I didn't want to pull the trigger seeing as though it's a game I might not pick up too often. But hey, it's cheap.
Got the last part of my Secret Santa package today! It even came with a nice card.
Thanks again YesManKablam!

(VizBIG Edition of Vagabond 3)

I was hoping for Pepsi.

Xiraiya

Are the updates really that bad? If so, i should do the same.
It's just the 7.0 update changed the entire UI so it looks/works like a Mobile/Tablet app with text speech bubbles with no timestamp or names and bright blue shades on white rather than just simple text like this:
[9:07:05 AM] Beloved: Did you install an older version?
[9:07:07 AM] Xiraiya: Yep
[9:07:14 AM] Xiraiya: Went back to 6.21

Shackzam

Yeah it will!
If my internet connection holds up.
I know, but I didn't want to pull the trigger seeing as though it's a game I might not pick up too often. But hey, it's cheap.

I believe Lethal Leagues runs on GGPO, which is a really good for online, so you should be alright.

Top Bottom