• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Calm down. This doesn't mean anything. Yet.

Konami has been a walking, festering corpse for a greater part of a decade anyway.

He could have always made a non MGS game. Kojipro is mostly independent, because of how much power he truly holds at Konami.

There was no MGR2 teaser, and if he leaves Konami, that doesn't mean he takes the IP with him. Konami still owns Kojipro and Metal Gear.

This is probably just Kojipro being rebranded, and Kojima taking a larger leadership role. Or he could leave. Or retire. Who knows.

I might be naive here, but I dont think he holds THAT much power at Konami.

If he did he wouldn't have been essentially forced into making MGS4 or the various PSP games, or now MGS5.

I really would like a Policenauts or Snatcher return to the current market. Telltale has nailed down the formula for making those games work on console.

I might be naive here, but I dont think he holds THAT much power at Konami.

If he did he wouldn't have been essentially forced into making MGS4 or the various PSP games, or now MGS5.

I really would like a Policenauts or Snatcher return to the current market. Telltale has nailed down the formula for making those games work on console.

Silent Hills got a budget. Konami is the master of sitting on worthwhile IPs, and yet, Silent Hills got a budget. A good one, too.

The only reason why he made those games, which were going to be made with or without his input anyway, was because he didn't feel there was anyone at Konami who could take the reigns. There could be a market for those games, and if Kojima wanted to make them, they would have been made.

Emouse

So which armored core games were the best and worst again? I'm interested, but for answer is only available second-hand (and not available in any of the stores nearby).

No answer to your question, I haven't watched the video yet if that's where they talked about it, but just something I remembered, for answer is the only game I've returned because I physically couldn't play it due to lack of an invert Y option

Shackzam

*Shrugs* It works on Shack til he learns his weapons against it. And if he's a scrub, there's no hope for any of us.
I really don't like playing grapplers, so getting beat a few times helps smarten up and not go nuts. I gotta pick and choose when to go nuts.
I wish I could get better internet so I wouldn't have to hear his lag johns every time I win.

Anyways, on point. What I'm thinking, is a grapple does as much damage as a decent combo, and in some ways grapples are more versatile than combos. I guess I've always found that greatly offsets the movement limitations.
Especially in the early game. So, I usually feel overpowered right off the bat with a grappler.
If you wanna win in the beginning of a fighting games release. Then pick the grappler because people don't know how to respect the grab. Zangief is just a wall with good buttons that you can't rush down. Don't worry about your connection because street fighter 5's net code will be godlike.

beinfilms

Good morning, guys. I've finally remembered my least favorite part of being home: my Internet is so shitty, I have to refresh several times just to load GAF. (I'm resorting to mobileGAF on data just so I can actually reliably refresh.)

croten

I just watched the Hawken/Titanfall video and I have to say, Woolie sucks the smart pistol's dick pretty hard. I only played the Beta but the Smart pistol always seemed like it was a chump weapon for chumps.

I just watched the Hawken/Titanfall video and I have to say, Woolie sucks the smart pistol's dick pretty hard. I only played the Beta but the Smart pistol always seemed like it was a chump weapon for chumps.

Maybe the Smart Pistol has been nerfed from when you last remember?

Hah! My friend used smart pistol and killed like 75 minions in one round, there's an ability that'll make the lock-on much harder IIRC.

Emouse

WHAT!? You saved me with that information. All right, for answer is not an option then. Thank you.

I may have just been an idiot and it may actually be there but I'm not 100% sure, I rember getting 4 & for answer on the same day and it was definately in 4 but no visible option in answer

It has garbo range so it's pretty useless, there's an attachment that speeds up lockon time IIRC, but yeah it's not as good as Woolz was making it out to be, no one uses it in super top tier play, that's what the super OP CAR SMG is for

croten

I may have just been an idiot and it may actually be there but I'm not 100% sure, I rember getting 4 & for answer on the same day and it was definately in 4 but no visible option in answer

It has garbo range so it's pretty useless, there's an attachment that speeds up lockon time IIRC, but yeah it's not as good as Woolz was making it out to be, no one uses it in super top tier play, that's what the super OP CAR SMG is for

Yeah when I played it I don't recall being killed by Smart Pistols very often. If I ever was I didn't even get mad about it I just got disappointed in the player

Emouse

Yeah when I played it I don't recall being killed by Smart Pistols very often. If I ever was I didn't even get mad about it I just got disappointed in the player

Its a starting weapon too so as soon as you can create a class it's avalible, also all three shots have to hit to get a player kill unless you aim it yourself and get the headshot, it's a cool idea but yeah it's pretty useless when you unlock better stuff, or when you pull your head out of your ass and learn to shoot things proper

Basically it's the babbys first FPS gun

Yeah I thought it probably did, it was just not called "invert Y" on the menu anywhere like 4, and I was an idiot so there's that

croten

Its a starting weapon too so as soon as you can create a class it's avalible, also all three shots have to hit to get a player kill unless you aim it yourself and get the headshot, it's a cool idea but yeah it's pretty useless when you unlock better stuff, or when you pull your head out of your ass and learn to shoot things proper

Basically it's the babbys first FPS gun

I want to play TitanFall now :L, I really liked the Beta but I could hardly justify buying the full game for a multiplayer only shooter. Here is hoping that titanfall 2 has at least a singleplayer mode.

Emouse

I want to play TitanFall now :L, I really liked the Beta but I could hardly justify buying the full game for a multiplayer only shooter. Here is hoping that titanfall 2 has at least a singleplayer mode.

It's the game that made me buy an Xbone, it's still a lot of fun, the no singleplayer didn't bother me that much but it'd be cool if it did get one if they made a decent story or something to go along with it

I didn't jump at Titanfall because of the price for MP only, but I might do so for Titanfall 2.

Having said that, I fully expect improved Titan abilities, including ones that can jump/fly.

Ilvocare

They're probably gonna make one, and it's gonna be 2 hours long and Battlefield-tier campaign quality.

Which is to say I hold no confidence in it actually being good.

Xiraiya

There's no way for it to have a truly satisfying singleplayer without some serious reworking, I'd rather a more fleshed out Multiplayer at that point.

Call of Duty 4 was the last real shooter to leave me feeling content after playing the singleplayer campaign.

They're probably gonna make one, and it's gonna be 2 hours long and Battlefield-tier campaign quality.

Which is to say I hold no confidence in it actually being good.

As long as they don't hide unlocks behind it, I'll be cool.

Still would prefer them to focus on adding content to the multiplayer though.

croten

There's no way for it to have a truly satisfying singleplayer, I'd rather a more fleshed out Multiplayer at that point.

Call of Duty 4 was the last real shooter to leave me feeling content after playing the singleplayer campaign.

Sure but I'm never going to spend £40 on a multiplayer only game. It either needs to be cheaper or have more singleplayer content.

There's no way for it to have a truly satisfying singleplayer, I'd rather a more fleshed out Multiplayer at that point.

CoD4 was probably the best singleplayer FPS *recently but I had a lot of fun with the Bad Company single player modes. Wolfenstein is supposed to be great but I haven't played that yet.

If they were to make another Titanfall I'd rather they not waste time and effort making a shallow singleplayer campaign and just have them focus on the multiplayer.

CoD4 was probably the best singleplayer FPS but I had a lot of fun with the Bad Company single player modes. Wolfenstein is supposed to be great but I haven't played that yet.

I never played Bad Company 1, but Bad Company 2's singleplayer was fun. The squad interactions were pretty funny.

Xiraiya

Sure but I'm never going to spend £40 on a multiplayer only game. It either needs to be cheaper or have more singleplayer content.

So you're saying you can justify the money even if the singleplayer is average and not actually worthwhile, just as long as it "exists"?

Ilvocare

Man this entire discussion is fucked.

Quick question: how robust would a multiplayer-only game have to be in order for it to be worth the $60/40 pounds? For some people, I don't think there's EVER a satisfactory answer to that question...

croten

Quick question: how robust would a multiplayer-only game have to be in order for it to be worth the $60/40 pounds? For some people, I don't think there's EVER a satisfactory answer to that question...

That would be me. Online is always an optional thing to me, I can stand it in cheaper games but I could never pay full price for it. I just don't have enough disposable income or a good enough internet connection to make it worth while.

The opposite for me. Multiplayer is nearly everything to me in a shooter.
If they were to make another Titanfall I'd rather they not waste time and effort making a shallow singleplayer campaign and just have them focus on the multiplayer.

This is how I feel as well. It is unfortunate for people who like the single player compaignes but publishers know that isn't where the money is and I would rather have a pure multiplayer experience then a game with a tacked on singleplayer

I never played Bad Company 1, but Bad Company 2's singleplayer was fun. The squad interactions were pretty funny.

The Bad Company games were pretty great. I prefer them over the mainline games for sure.

It depends. Does the multiplayer have plenty of content? How many modes are there? How is the shooting feel?

That's a hard question. Especially since there are so many cheaper shooters that feel great on PCs.

Consoles, you're shit out of luck.

Just letting you guys know that Tadashi Satomi is a great writer. He thought up the concept for Battle Royale before Battle Royale

If it keeps players playing, that's all that matters for me. I just want people to play with.

This is how I feel as well. It is unfortunate for people who like the single player compaignes but publishers know that isn't where the money is and I would rather have a pure multiplayer experience then a game with a tacked on singleplayer

The simple solution to this would be to add an offline multiplayer mode against bots.
The Bad Company games were pretty great. I prefer them over the mainline games for sure.

Yup. I must have spent 100 hours or more on BC2's multiplayer. So good. Too bad they couldn't replicate it with the newer Battlefield games.

The simple solution to this would be to add an offline multiplayer mode against bots.

Yup. I must have spent 100 hours or more on BC2's multiplayer. So good. Too bad they couldn't replicate it with the newer Battlefield games.

that would be the way to go and I actually did enjoy doing that with something like Battlefield 1942 when I was in a similar situation as Cro described.

Top Bottom