• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Okingjrr

No, of course not.

oh course not. I may not like Cage or some of Ubisoft's business practices but both of them are highly regarded companies and I'm sure both would offer very valuable experiences.

No? That'd be fucking amazing. Its not like you're the one writing the games or forcing the microtransactions. That'd be pretty awesome to land a job at either.
That would be awesome.

Thanks. I always feel a little bad when I see comments about them being companies putting out poorly made games and still wanting to land a job at one of them.

Ah alright, guess it was the second thing then. Boy was it, there were like 3-4 bosses where I was like "NO, FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR SHIT THAT'S NOT RIGHT" Especially
the final boss with it's goddamn RNG attack fuckery. I got so lucky on the last run.

Man P3/4 is going to feel weird now.

They did a really bad job of balancing the difficulty in the P2 Duology. P2 IS is laughably easy and P2 EP is really hard. Oh and don't worry about P3/4. Going from P1/P2 to P3/P4 is a lot easier than the reverse.

Squishy3

Would it be bad if I got a job at either Ubisoft or Quantic Dream?
Not saying that I'm currently sending my CV because I live in Paris or anything.
Just looking at job offerings
Get hired at Quantic Dream and repeatedly insult David Cage and see how long it takes for you to get fired.

Take one for the team.

360pages

Am I the only one who is kind of excited for Return of Frieza Movie, even if the whole thing is kind of dumb? Honestly, if they need a reason for Frieza to be so strong, they could have just said he trained in hell...even if the anime version of Hell is different from the manga version. (I think the Anime version of DBZ hell is a lot more interesting)

That way we won't have the whole 4 MONTHS thing.

It's like Yuzuriha wasn't meant to be played on a pad, holding down an attack while quickly pressing the other 2 attack buttons in quick succession with one thumb is difficult as hell.

UNIEL anyone?

Am I the only one who is kind of excited for Return of Frieza Movie, even if the whole thing is kind of dumb? Honestly, if they need a reason for Frieza to be so strong, they could have just said he trained in hell...even if the anime version of Hell is different from the manga version. (I think the Anime version of DBZ hell is a lot more interesting)

That way we won't have the whole 4 MONTHS thing.
I'm excited as fuck, I don't care how dumb it is.

They did a really bad job of balancing the difficulty in the P2 Duology. P2 IS is laughably easy and P2 EP is really hard. Oh and don't worry about P3/4. Going from P1/P2 to P3/P4 is a lot easier than the reverse.
I meant story reasons, because of the thing that happened. You know the thing. Also starting FES later. Just in time for classes to get in the way of more games
It's like Yuzuriha wasn't meant to be played on a pad, holding down an attack while quickly pressing the other 2 attack buttons in quick succession with one thumb is difficult as hell.

UNIEL anyone?
Give me about 10 minutes

Okingjrr

Get hired at Quantic Dream and repeatedly insult David Cage and see how long it takes for you to get fired.

Take one for the team.

I'm pretty sure it would be after the first insult. It's not like I'm the most sought after person in the dev game, it wouldn't be hard to kick me out.

Of the game in general? Pretty great, though I like IS more.

Of the ending?
It's slightly depressing, and I don't really fulfilled but not disappointed either? It makes sense, and it's a positive dark for a lack of any kind of term for this.

Also did we bet which one of us would finish EP or IS before the other? Or did you just say "inb4"? I can't remember
Huh I guess I'm not alone on saying IS>EP... People say the opposite most of the time. They are both really really good.

Yeah I felt somewhat same about the ending...
It left me wanting more, but it was all wrapped up.

UNIEL anyone?
I'll go in about an hour.

360pages

I'm excited as fuck, I don't care how dumb it is.

Yeah, the trailer makes it look a lot more exciting than Battle of the Gods, helps that AT promises that their is going to be a lot more action in it compared to Battle of the Gods. (People complained about the lack of action in the movie...and I agree) plus it seems everyone is going to get at least one moment to shine.

PersonalElaborateElver.gif

Their con videos are the best.

Thanks. I always feel a little bad when I see comments about them being companies putting out poorly made games and still wanting to land a job at one of them.

I wouldn't feel bad about something like that. I wouldn't let a group of people who don't like products that you haven't been involved in stop you from making a living doing something that you want to and have spent years training for. Ubisoft is one of the largest game entities going and would probably be great to get into.

Huh I guess I'm not alone on saying IS>EP... People say the opposite most of the time. They are both really really good.

Yeah I felt somewhat same about the ending...
It left me wanting more, but it was all wrapped up.
I don't trust myself to say which is better, but I preferred IS because of story reasons. Even though I played the shitty PSPmake.
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENS ON THE OTHER SIDE.
Oh, that. Don't worry about that. It's not like Atlus even acknowledges P1 and P2 anymore. :p
Just how P5 will forget about 3/4.
Don't they mention the Nanjo Ground? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN ABOUT THE CANON.

Don't they mention the Nanjo Ground? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN ABOUT THE CANON.

Good. They should just retcon all the previous Persona games and start with P5.
It's just a reference. It doesn't really work canonnicaly. People joke about Atlus forgetting P1 and P2, but there's actually a bunch references to them in the new games.

I don't trust myself to say which is better, but I preferred IS because of story reasons. Even though I played the shitty PSPmake.
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENS ON THE OTHER SIDE.

Yeah I liked it better just by story. The fun stuff is way more polished in EP tho.
To both spoilers

Good. They should just retcon all the previous Persona games and start with P5.
It's just a reference. It doesn't really work canonnicaly. People joke about Atlus forgetting P1 and P2, but there's actually a bunch references to them in the new games.
Yeah I know about the MMO thing. Damn I'm glad I started with 1.
To both spoilers
What a great response image.
Hell yes soon for Hot Pepper Gaming
I really wanna see Woolie be like "Oh no I fucked up with this" and Liam's face. I feel like I'd feel bad for Matt and Pat

JoJo94

...very funny hahaha.

I really wanna see Woolie be like "Oh no I fucked up with this" and Liam's face. I feel like I'd feel bad for Matt and Pat

I imagine MAtt just crying. Pat handling it like a champ or just full rage. Liam would probably handle it like a champ, and Woolie just going crying.

It's not just that. There are other references in P3 and in P4. Also, Ultimax has a bunch of character colors that are based off P1 and P2 characters.
See I told you I could still get spoiled on fun shit
I imagine MAtt just crying. Pat handling it like a champ or just full rage. Liam would probably handle it like a champ, and Woolie just going crying.
I actually thought Pat would be the one crying

Now do it with SMT mainline.

In all seriousness, EP SPOILERS:
Other Side Tatsuya's coming of age development would be interesting to bring back since Persona actually continued. It would be pretty cool to see how the town developed after the earth blew up and what Tatsuya did to help it along with Lisa, Eikichi, and Jun. There is a lot of potential, but too bad thats not gonna happen...
P3, and P4 follow the EP timeline.

Top Bottom