• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

semisonic

Banned
Except I'm playing Catherine at the moment. I can switch between both games easily, but in terms of a content investment I'm midway through Ultimax, whereas I did as much as I could reasonably do in Arena.

That's fair, i guess
I own arena for the 360
I guess when I'm feeling it I'll just play my bro
So no fightgames for tonight?
Everyone too scared?
Okay.
I get it.
I also realized lately that I easily use the return key the most out of everyone in the thread. It's actually starting to be a bit nuts, but it's the easiest way to type like I'm talking.

Speaking of Meguro, the fucking final boss of Soulless Army is one of my favourite tracks he has ever done

Also the zio choice is the only one that gives you almighty attacks I think
fckya.gif

I looked it up,
at like level 75 she get an Almighty no matter what, but you get them way faster with Zio path.
Here's the skill tree: http://imgur.com/MCvlqnS

Ilvocare

That's fair, i guess
I own arena for the 360
I guess when I'm feeling it I'll just play my bro
So no fightgames for tonight?
Everyone too scared?
Okay.
I get it.
I also realized lately that I easily use the return key the most out of everyone in the thread. It's actually starting to be a bit nuts, but it's the easiest way to type like I'm talking.

I'm playing Catherine because no-one else was willing to play fite games, mind. Also FUCK THIS STAGE 51 AGGGGH I WAS SO GODDAMN CLOSE

I just spent my spare cash on magic cards...

Next you'll be saying you watched dubbed anime

I looked it up,
at like level 75 she get an Almighty no matter what, but you get them way faster with Zio path.
Here's the skill tree: http://imgur.com/MCvlqnS
Well to be fair, zio is the only path that gets megidola

BATTLE RAIDOU 2008 WHY YOU SO GOOD
I'm actually on board the shill crew, it's a good classic Megaten, even this early on.
Damn I'm still playing through Raidou 2 actually. And that battle theme is so goood.

Everyone should be on the shill train. In fact at this rate, I'll shill for all the Devil Summoner games. RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VS SOULLESS ARMY AND RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VS KING ABADDON ARE BOTH $5 EACH. BUY THEM.

semisonic

Banned
This also applies to me, sans Dino Crisis.

I'm torn between both Wild Arms games, Galaga Legions DX, and Klonoa. I only got room for 2 games. I need counsel.

Get at least one wild arms.
Both are pretty fucking good, but 1 has better music overall, with the tradeoff being less to do in the postgame.
I'm a fan of three, but they don't got that.
Klonoa's good if you like hard platformers with really childish charm. That's what you're getting. I got 2 and it's great.
Dunno what the fuck Galaga Legions DX is tho

Also i heard wild arms 2 has hlariously bad translation

Get at least one wild arms.
Both are pretty fucking good, but 1 has better music overall, with the tradeoff being less to do in the postgame.
I'm a fan of three, but they don't got that.
Klonoa's good if you like hard platformers with really childish charm. That's what you're getting. I got 2 and it's great.
Dunno what the fuck Galaga Legions DX is tho
You ever play Pac Man Championship Edition DX. If not, 1) Get it and play it, it kicks ass, and 2) Legions DX is basically the same concept as that, but for Galaga. It makes the game more exciting and fast paced.

Damn I'm still playing through Raidou 2 actually. And that battle theme is so goood.

Everyone should be on the shill train. In fact at this rate, I'll shill for all the Devil Summoner games. RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VS SOULLESS ARMY AND RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VS KING ABADDON ARE BOTH $5 EACH. BUY THEM.
I need to fucking play Raidou and I would buy them if my PS3 wasn't broken fucking... blah

DEVIL SUMMONER SHILLING TIME

RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VS SOULLESS ARMY AND RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VS KING ABADDON ARE BOTH $5 EACH CURRENTLY ON PSN. BUY THEM.

Soulless Army: $5 on PSN currently

I'll be honest. This is a 6/10 game at best. It has problems. The combat is slow. AND TO MAKE IT WORSE, the PSN version is slower and the cutscene audio are way out of sync.
But Raidou is cool. All the characters are cool. The music is great. I finished it because I just liked everything except the combat.

King Abaddon: $5 on PSN currently

I'm about half way through this game. The combat is improved immensely. Actually makes it a pretty good ARPG. The last PS2 MegaTen game. Same as the first really, but with good gameplay. Actually if you can or only want to get one, GET THIS ONE.

Soul Hackers: $15 on eShop currently

This to me is a very good and pretty underrated MegaTen game. The west got it for the first time with the 3DS version. The game is basically "THIS IS WHAT THE 80s AND 90s THOUGHT THE FUTURE WILL BE LIKE" kind of sci-fi. The main character's summoning device is a GUMP. A GUN, WITH A COMPUTER TO SUMMON DEMONS ATTACHED. IT DOESN'T EVEN FUNCTION LIKE A GUN. If you haven't played a MegaTen this old, the first few hours might be a bit jarring for you. It is a good shortish
20-30 hours
RPG. And one I will super recommend.

semisonic

Banned
Literally everything about Katamari makes me not like it. I tried my hand at it on a friend's copy of it. Wasn't impressed.

oh okay
yeah it's pretty out there
not for everyone
but you know what is for everyone and no one knows it
wild arms
seriously i think I'm the only one in the thread whose even touched one
they're really cool, innovative rpgs with a nice take on the dungeon system
and on fp
And have a mentioned how godlike the ost is

That final boss might be my favourite in an SMT game
CAUSE ITS A FUCKING BATTLESHIP TRANSFORMER

YOU GOT THAT FUCKING RIGHT
IF ONLY IT WAS IN A GAME WITH A BETTER COMBAT SYSTEM. BECAUSE THAT FUCKING BOAT MECH WAS AWESOME

I'm done shilling Devil Summoner for now. Raidou is dabes.
Technically Raidou is in Soul Hackers as well

Yep, it was super awesome! I ended up deciding my favorite station is science/comm station, with my friend's Surface tablet.
My friend generally has me on Nav and Comms the few times we played it. (undermanned so lots of doubling up).

That game is a fucking Star Trek simulator. We had a point where he was standing up, pacing, giving us all instructions as we wrecked shit. So much fun.

Yup. Soul Hackers has the best negotiation in Megaten.
Guy was all alone when I killed his friends, so he wanted to join me.
Boy I love negotiations.

They should make a new Megaten game with SH's mechanics with some additions.

Yup. Soul Hackers has the best negotiation in Megaten.
Guy was all alone when I killed his friends, so he wanted to join me.
Boy I love negotiations.

They should make a new Megaten game with SH's mechanics with some additions.

You're not even wrong.

As soon as the Devil Summoner gets a fantrans out, I will already be on it. ON IT SO HARD.

semisonic

Banned
I thought about BoF, will I understand it if I didn't play the other ones?

I only have a Vita, so I'm limited in my options :/

Dunno, never played it myself, though I think they're standalone like FF games
gonna change that now tho

I think you can play ps1 classics on your vita
like wild arms
play wild arms
come on
please?

gravity rush is also cool

Top Bottom