• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

You're kidding me...

If you really think The Outsiders is a terrible book...

I hate every book I've ever read in my life. I think the only one I've read that I actually enjoyed is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I also never read books outside of the school curriculum.

Well actually, I liked reading goosebumps back in 5th grade.

Xiraiya

4yVz40.jpg
Sometimes I see Hisoka, and then I remember that he is one of Beloved's favorite characters in anything, and then suddenly my mind starts going "???????" it doesn't know what to do with that information.

You're just buttmad because it isn't dubbed, I understand.
I hate every book I've ever read in my life. I think the only one I've read that I actually enjoyed is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I also never read books outside of the school curriculum.
Dang. I only enjoyed like 10% of my required reading for school, but if you had asked me what my hobbies were 4 years ago I could've put Video Games and books on the same level of enjoyment. (Lately I've been more into music and animu is catching up.)

You hated The Giver and A Wrinkle in Time?

Days since skla shared a shit opinion

croten

Foxhound mentioned it last night but have you read Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy? Probably my favorite book.

You hated The Giver and A Wrinkle in Time?

I never read those.

Dang. I only enjoyed like 10% of my required reading for school, but if you had asked me what my hobbies were 4 years ago I could've put Video Games and books on the same level of enjoyment. (Lately I've been more into music and animu is catching up.)

Yeah, I blame the forced reading of garbage books schools make you do. I never wanted to read another book in my life after reading Catcher in the Rye. The worst piece of shit I've ever read in my life.

Xiraiya

I read all the time as a kid up until I got to highschool, I was reading Goosebumps when I was like 6 or 7, I think I had most of the series.
My little sister who is 7 now isn't a great reader, she wouldn't be able to read a 100+ page book, it's a little disappointing, but what can you do, she'll find a way to learn.

I didn't read that much in Highschool I did read the Tomorrow series which was really hype, and then in senior Highschool I bought and read Sky Burial which was a really good book and made me want to explore Tibet oneday since it sounds quiet and peaceful.

Mostly these days I read manga but I've always had a soft spot for novels and I feel like it's important part of life to be able to appreciate stuff like that even when you don't read very often.

Yo, you had cool school required reading, I read Wrinkle in Time on my own.
I did as well. Giver was required though.
I never read those.
Oh well never mind then. Sounds like you didn't get assigned many exciting books
I read all the time as a kid up until I got to highschool, I was reading Goosebumps when I was like 6 or 7, I think I had most of the series.
My little sister who is 7 now isn't a great reader, she wouldn't be able to read a 100+.

Honestly 100+ pages sounds like a bit much for a 7 year old

It's so hilarious how success can turn the nicest guy in the world into the most paranoid mess that immediately goes for the throat.

@PG; Yukatan... I... I'm done.

Never been an Animorph fan, their covers always looked like garbage.
The covers are SHIT in the best and worst way, but the story was actually really legit for a book marketed to kids. Not like Series of Unfortunate Events legit,
but aliens invaded people's brains and acting just like them and nobody knows the difference is kinda cool, especially when a main character got one in her head and it went on for a whole book describing her internal struggle with trying to stay sane while it tormented her and she couldn't control her body, with the ther main characters having her locked up in a shack wondering what to do, trying to starve the brain slug.

I'm not even sure if that's accurate, it's just what stuck with me from reading the copies we had in elementary

joe2187

Banned
I used to read so many animorphs books man....you're bring the nostalgia back

They even had little transformation flip cartoons on the bottom of the page!

Now I feel like tracking down some goosebumps and shit.

I used to read all the time in High School when I had a lot of open blocks but since entering the real world I have moved on and would rather spend my free time with video games. I still enjoy sitting down and reading a book but it is a lot harder to do so now.

I used to read all the time in High School when I had a lot of open blocks but since entering the real world I have moved on and would rather spend my free time with video games. I still enjoy sitting down and reading a book but it is a lot harder to do so now.
I've read one or two since college, but to be frank this forum is where I do my reading now. I was always kinda leaning into internet reading since I started getting more into video games.
"I read it for the articles"

Top Bottom