• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

I'm aware, in fact that was my point. Kojima leaving Konami mean Kojima can't make those games anymore.

We'll never get ZOE 3 and that makes me sad.
I'm actually happy to see Kojima get to potentially get to work on things that aren't Metal Gear.

As much as Kojima was the reason those other games were as great as they were, the chance for him not to be under the yoke of Konami's awful management is great.

Xiraiya

I'm actually happy to see Kojima get to work on things that aren't Metal Gear.
As much as Kojima was the reason those other games were as great as they were, the chance for him not to be under the yoke of Konami's awful management is great.

Kojima was actually inspired though, MGS4 was when he didn't want to really do more, but he made it happen, then he decided that he wanted to do Peace Walker because when they started without him it wasn't any good, just like Platinum needing to take over RISING. After Peace Walker he got the desire to make new MGS stuff back.

Him leaving will never be a good thing as long as MGS is allowed to survive without him, we saw how that is with Portable Ops and he dismissed it's canon status and basically said "The event it's about did take place at that time, but that's not how it happened"

As Snake said at the end of MGS1: I don't want that kind of world.

croten

Exactly. Metal Gear Solid V is the send off.

I just don't have an attachment to Konami like I do with Capcom (;_;), Rare (;_;) or Nintendo.

Apart from Castlevania and mainly MGS 3, they aren't exactly a favorite of mine.

Konami isn't my favorite company either but Kojima is my favorite developer.

Squishy3

Yeah, I gotcha. But I'm just saying that if he still wants to do those games, he'll find a way to do it, without actually using the IPs. (I"ll miss the Metal Gear universe, but whatever) That said, I really hope Silent Hills isn't canceled.
Spy Fiction 2, a joint effort between Kojima and Swery.

Kojima was actually inspired though, MGS4 was when he didn't want to really do more, but he made it happen, then he decided that he wanted to do Peace Walker because when they started without him it wasn't any good, just like Platinum needing to take over RISING. After Peace Walker he got the desire to make new MGS stuff back.
Sure, but I'd rather see him work on new stuff after MGS2 and MGS3 and MGS4 where he tried to quit and do new things and got dragged back in to work on the cash cow. He did great things, still, but I was mainly happy about Silent Hills because it was Kojima branching out, and that's really what I wanna see, is what he does without being tied to Metal Gear.
The bible black club is no laughing matter, now shut up and give me an application
n4hZRLQoiS.gif

croten

Be happy. He has his freedom.

I bet everyone from Sony, Nintendo (maybe not Nintendo), Microsoft, and all the publishers and developers of the world want him to do his next big project with them.

This aint a good thing that happened. Konami may have been Satan incarnate but at least when Kojima asked for Metal Gear money they gave him Metal Gear money. He might be free but this is the end of an era.

Xiraiya

Sure, but I'd rather see him work on new stuff after MGS2 and MGS3 and MGS4 where he tried to quit and do new things and got dragged back in to work on the cash cow. He did great things, still, but I was mainly happy about Silent Hills because it was Kojima branching out, and that's really what I wanna see, is what he does without being tied to Metal Gear.

I do too, but that's not enough of a silver lining unless Konami are forbidden from making Metal Gear games.

I do too, but that's not enough of a silver lining unless Konami are forbidden from making Metal Gear games.
I'd just ignore anything they put out without him. I hope the MGS fanbase enjoys the Silent Hill treatment though <3
Not being able to control teammates and the answer are though.
Teammate control is for babbies, but The Answer is indeed shit. At least unlike P4G it's all wrapped up in an ignorable, seperate package though.

I can live without the mediocre character models/animated cutscenes and shitty epilogue.
Not being able to control teammates and the answer are though.

The Answer is forgettable, but people get too salty over not having full party control. And the extra content in the Journey makes it the definitive one.

Having put 12 hours into Persona 3...I don't want to play anymore.

I find the Tartarus Dungeon crawling extremely dull. I also feel like I am not working towards anything except reach the top.

Plus I feel nothing for these characters except hate for Kenji.

I'd just ignore anything they put out without him. I hope the MGS fanbase enjoys the Silent Hill treatment though <3
Teammate control is for babbies, but The Answer is indeed shit. At least unlike P4G it's all wrapped up in an ignorable, seperate package though.

The Answer is forgettable, but people get too salty over not having full party control. And the extra content in the Journey makes it the definitive one.

I feel like direct commands in P3 kind of throw off the balance a bit

I get what they're going for, but its a total inconvenience to keep switching your teammates commands to heal, go for weak spots, attack, etc. Why even bother having that kind of mechanic when you can just use direct commands?

the boss fights in tropical freeze are garbage holy shit

I find the Tartarus Dungeon crawling extremely dull. I also feel like I am not working towards anything except reach the top.

fuck you bitch, kenji da bes

I own both FES and Portable. I got pretty near the end with FES
SHINJI
but I managed to finish Portable just because it was on a handheld.

There are reasons I want Xenoblade 3D > Wii original.
Though if it came out on WiiU VC, I could play it like a handheld...

fuck you bitch, ken da bes

FTFY

ultimax

I get what they're going for, but its a total inconvenience to keep switching your teammates commands to heal, go for weak spots, attack, etc. Why even bother having that kind of mechanic when you can just use direct commands?

You know what would be the perfect solution to that problem?

by playing nocturne instead

Finish it tho.

You could always play P2:IS, but its way better if you finish P1 and people really hate playing through that.

According to the devs, it's to simulate that you aren't in control of the party, you're just the protagonist, and the fact you build your repitore of commands as you go througyh full moon bosses sorta simulates your team trusting you more and more to command them as you go on.

Really, though, it's just because the game is balanced around it that I care. It's basically easy to beat the game solo with just the protag if you have a good set of Personae.
You know what would be the perfect solution to that problem?

by playing nocturne instead
Also dis

According to the devs, it's to simulate that you aren't in control of the party, you're just the protagonist, and the fact you build your repitore of commands as you go througyh full moon bosses sorta simulates your team trusting you more and more to command them as you go on.

Really, though, it's just because the game is balanced around it that I care. It's basically easy to beat the game solo with just the protag if you have a good set of Personae.
It's really strange to me now that they didn't use the loyalty system of the Devil Summoner series. You can essentially do that and it would mostly be the same effect along with having different personalities.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I don't know if any of you remember that game I'm making, but how would you feel if I did a Game of Thrones style thing by switching the main character and organizing the story into chapters?

By that I mean, would you play a game that did that? There'd be like 3 or 4 rotating characters.

I did before I took a break, he was a little odd but nothing infuriating, maybe that might change later in his S-link though.
Just post an update if you get farther.
It's really strange to me now that they didn't use the loyalty system of the Devil Summoner series. You can essentially do that and it would mostly be the same effect along with having different personalities.
Y'know, yeah, it'd be a more direct way to show that too, but it may've caused more resentment in players than intended for the characters. Like if Junpei won't listen to you for shit I can see people going "FUCK HIM".

Whereas I can be salty at my demons and fuse them into something obedient cause they're my bitch
:p

360pages

Please be excited for MGS on mobile, you have to pay to get guns.

Also, thanks for the energy isn't that good for Parallel quest that last a decent amount of time. Since it's obviously glitched to hell and stop working randomly during quest.

Top Bottom