• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Rean

I'd sacrifice MGS for good Silent Hill
tumblr_mq2bpl13zg1qzqt8do1_500.gif

beinfilms

Wait, if
when
Konami dies, the Silent Hill IP will be up for grabs, so even if Silent Hills isn't going to be a thing (I hope it still is), Silent Hill still has the best shot its had in while.

It kind of has a better shoot at being continued than Metal Gear, since Kojima's definitely ready to be done.

(I might be totally wrong about this, though.)

That's stupid simply based on the fact a MGS game would have more Content than Silent Hill.
Since when does quantity = quality?
No, fuck you.

I've barely played any Silent Hill, so I might be a bit biased toward my favorite franchise.
I don't like stealth games, so I'm biased too. MGS is still cool though.
...I don't know what to feel about this. I love both series.

Would sacrifice both for a good Metroid tho.
SH>Metroid, but I would kill for a great 2D Metroid.
Ayy

Wait, if
when
Konami dies, the Silent Hill IP will be up for grabs, so even if Silent Hills isn't going to be a thing (I hope it still is), Silent Hill still has the best shot its had in while.

It kind of has a better shoot at being continued than Metal Gear, since Kojima's definitely ready to be done.

I would care more about the Bomberman IP

<3 Hudson Soft

Xiraiya

Since when does quantity = quality?
In the context of Kojima? Since always obviously.

Now, if RERE2 didn't exist, I'd say I'd sacrifice Resident Evil for a good Silent Hill game since there's really been nothing all that interesting after 4.

But I am damn happy Revelations 2 exists.

Wait, if
when

If Konami decides to sell their game IPs (Because they aren't selling the entire company) Sony would no doubt be pushing hard for the Metal Gear IP, and Sega or Nintendo, if Big N cares enough, would probably try for Hudson Soft. Silent Hill would be a valuable pickup for Sony, but who knows.

Hypothetical, as always.

If Konami decides to sell their game IPs (Because they aren't selling the entire company) Sony would no doubt be pushing hard for the Metal Gear IP, and Sega or Nintendo, if Big N cares enough, would probably try for Hudson Soft. Silent Hill would be a valuable pickup for Sony, but who knows.

Hypothetical, as always.

Nintendo getting Bomberman and Castlevania IPs would make me so goddamn happy.

Metal Gear would be a better fit over at Sony IMO.

demidar

In the context of Kojima? Since always obviously.

Now, if RERE2 didn't exist, I'd say I'd sacrifice Resident Evil for a good Silent Hill game since there's really been nothing all that interesting after 4.

But I am damn happy Revelations 2 exists.

MGS has enough great games across multiple generations whereas Silent Hill has been dead for a decade. I'd do that sacrifice easy.

Xiraiya

I don't see where your point is, but okay.

I'm looking at it like this, in the era of Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill was fantastic, as was MGS, they are both fantastic for different reasons, so the basic overall quality is pretty similar to me, however MGS games had more content in them, so it was like "Well they're both good, but then MGS games also had this, this, and that.

Sacrificing something like that for another Silent Hill would be a crime.

But if today Konami was like "No we'll not continue MGS after V, we're still working on Silent Hill.

Then fine, because that series needs to die after V. RISING can continue down it's own crazy platinum path for all I care.

That's assuming Nintendo is into picking up another IP. Who truly knows what Nintendo is up to.

It would be a good idea to get some classic IPs under their name but Nintendo is the Manic Pixie Dream Girl of video games.

At times I hate that I love them

I would sacrifice P5 for another Soul Hackers type game.

Get the fuck out. I showed the P5 trailer to my brother, who hates anime, and he thought it looked fucking cool

I'm looking at it like this, in the era of Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill was fantastic, as was MGS, they are both fantastic for different reasons, so the basic overall quality is pretty similar to me, however MGS games had more content in them, so it was like "Well they're both good, but then MGS games also had this, this, and that.

Sacrificing something like that for another Silent Hill would be a crime.

But if today Konami was like "No we'll not continue MGS after V, we're still working on Silent Hill.

Then fine, because that series needs to die after V. RISING can continue down it's own crazy platinum path for all I care.
I... so you're saying you like them equally, but MGS has more in it? I guess it's your opinion. I do care far more about what Silent Hill was in the Team Silent days than MGS.

Though, I don't even care if Konami goes through with Silent Hills now unless it actually comes out and isn't an embarrassment. That's why I modified the previous statement with "good".

Friend sent me a screenshot of a bloodborne weapon.... I don't understand what I am looking at.

Its a wheel. Its literally just a wheel
Super late on this
i think one of the torturers in the Conviction arc of Berserk uses a huge wheel as a weapon. Gotta get that Berserk in there.

Top Bottom