• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Zenfalcia

I would sacrifice blackjack and hookers for zero escape 3 ;~;
It's happening tho.
4infinityjrxyu.jpg

Rizzi

So, there's no way to revive dead party members. And if they happen to be your ranged and you need to kill something that can only be hit by ranged attacks, you're basically just fucked.
Type 0 is super "great" guys.

image.php

If you like simple comedy and some egregiously terrible singleplayer levels, yeah sure

Co-op in that is super solid though.

I actually never thought much of the portal games. Even back when it first came out I thought it was just a cool little side game and after finishing it I went to go play more tf2

360pages

SMT X FE

Tekken X Street Fighter

The Last Guardien.

Maybe game developers should have a game at least 50 completed before they decide on announcing it.

Portal 2 is fine. A little more lighthearted, but nothing wrong with that.
It's silly to a fault of saying they created an army of Mantis men in the Half Life universe. It's cartoonish, especially with the Cave Johnson, Wheatly stuff, and GLaDOS making fat jokes about Chell. All dialogue feels like it's designed purely for humor to be crowdpleasing. The atmosphere of Portal 1 is what makes it top tier stuff, IMO.

Though that aside, the level design suffers hardcore in
Old Aperture
between levels is just FULL of black space where you just search the environment for where to put the portal.

360pages

It's silly to a fault of saying they created an army of Mantis men in the Half Life universe. It's cartoonish, especially with the Cave Johnson, Wheatly stuff, and GLaDOS making fat jokes about Chell. All dialogue feels like it's designed purely for humor to be crowdpleasing. The atmosphere of Portal 1 is what makes it top tier stuff, IMO.

Though that aside, the level design suffers hardcore in
Old Aperture
between levels is just FULL of black space where you just search the environment for where to put the portal.

To be fair...we do have Head crab Zombies already. Though the level design I can see. But the tone shift might have been it growing it's own identity.

To be fair...we do have Head crab Zombies already. Though the level design I can see. But the tone shift might have been it growing it's own identity.
They admitted they did focus tests for a spinoff of Portal called F-stop which was a new mechanic entirely that was loosly fit into the same universe again, and brought in fans of Portal and some other people to try it out.

People replied "Where's GLaDOS? Where's the cake?", so they scrapped it and made Portal 2 fanservice nonsense.

If you go through and listen to the developer commentary the reasons they give behind the storytelling are the laziest most banal shit ever. It's a funny game, but it's fanservice.

Fuck people.

No seriously, what is this Free news? I'm so confused by all the words and it is nearly 4am...

Is there going to be a new manga and a film?

Top Bottom