• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

They admitted they did focus tests for a spinoff of Portal called F-stop which was a new mechanic entirely that was loosly fit into the same universe again, and brought in fans of Portal and some other people to try it out.

People replied "Where's GLaDOS? Where's the cake?", so they scrapped it and made Portal 2 fanservice nonsense.

If you go through and listen to the developer commentary the reasons they give behind the storytelling are the laziest most banal shit ever. It's a funny game, but it's fanservice.

Fuck people.

Valve needs to take a page out of Kamiya's school of thought.

K6Df2zS.png

360pages

They admitted they did focus tests for a spinoff of Portal called F-stop which was a new mechanic entirely that was loosly fit into the same universe again, and brought in fans of Portal and some other people to try it out.

People replied "Where's GLaDOS? Where's the cake?", so they scrapped it and made Portal 2 fanservice nonsense.

If you go through and listen to the developer commentary the reasons they give behind the storytelling are the laziest most banal shit ever. It's a funny game, but it's fanservice.

Fuck people.

It's a tricky road listening to fans. For Gameplay it's super important. For Story, it's best just to ignore everyone and do what you want.

It's a tricky road listening to fans. For Gameplay it's super important. For Story, it's best just to ignore everyone and do what you want.
The gameplay threw away Portals too, but it was only tangentially related to the Portal/Half Life universe. Like saying "why don't I have a gun with bullets" in Portal.

It was still a puzzle game, but like, fuck me. I want that game instead.
Tbh Valve is pretty good at doing all the focus testing. But Portal 2 was still pretty good tho.
Portal 2 is like Dark Souls 2 but way fucking better than Dark Souls 2.

Well, with all the mecha overdose I've been getting on my end and Woolie's the past week, I'm picking back up Macross and finishing it. Got distracted by stuff last semester and didn't get around to completing it.

beinfilms

I've beaten Portal 1 an embarrassing amount of times. I used to do speedruns.

I recently did a speedrun race of it with one of my friends (and totally won).

Personally, I really like Portal 2, but you do raise some very valid points about it. The lemons speech will always be one of my favorite quotes in gaming, though.

I recently did a speedrun race of it with one of my friends (and totally won).

Personally, I really like Portal 2, but you do raise some very valid points about it. The lemons speech will always be one of my favorite quotes in gaming, though.
Aside from being kinda disappointing, I still really really enjoyed the game, and a lot of its humor is on fucking point like crazy.

ultimax

I haven't gone back since it was my first MegaTen. I do want to come in with different expectations that I have now and see how it goes again, but then I'm like ughhhhhhhhhh not againnnnnnnnnnnnn

I wont lie, the way i say things about it makes me sound like i hate the hell out of it, but i really did enjoy the game.

It's just when compared to P2 and P3...ehhhh >.>

I wont lie, the way i say things about it makes me sound like i hate the hell out of it, but i really did enjoy the game.

It's just when compared to P2 and P3...ehhhh >.>

It still baffles me that you and skLa can hate on P4 so much and yet praise P3 when it shares a lot of the problems that P4 has.

Top Bottom