• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

ultimax

I can't get into P3. 12 hours in and eh
That's fine. I understand why people love P4 and its the most popular one. All im saying is to me, i find it the worst in the series
It still baffles me that you and skLa can hate on P4 so much and yet praise P3 when it shares a lot of the problems that P4 had.

My problems with it come mainly from me just simply not liking the characters in P4.

I only really like Adachi and Dojima. I really cant say i care for the rest that much.

Rean

I enjoy fanservice.
cpvovem1sybsknmucncg.gif
Not gonna lie this is pretty hype.

Squishy3

I heard this anime mentioned a couple times on the podcast. I haven't read it but I'm not sure what's so hype about it from what I have seen.
Try reading a couple chapters. The one they talked about is the one by Murata, which is an adaptation of a manga of the same name by ONE.The Murata version is the one with the amazing closeups, and the ONE version has less than stellar art but is the original.

That's fine. I understand why people love P4 and its the most popular one. All im saying is to me, i find it the worst in the series

My problems with it come mainly from me just simply not liking the characters in P4.

I only really like Adachi and Dojima. I really cant say i care for the rest that much.

Wow, no love for Rise? RIP. If you don't like the game well then you don't like the game. Your opinion and all. Also, P1 is the worst in the series. Still a decent game, though.

Persona 4 is my second favorite game of all time. It's probably my favorite videogame cast of all time.

Persona 3 is like, really great, but I don't think it's anything all that special and I didn't like the cast all that much.

Opinions.

Persona 4 is my second favorite game of all time. It's probably my favorite videogame cast of all time.

Persona 3 is like, really great, but I don't think it's anything all that special and I didn't like the cast all that much.

Opinions.

P4 is the only game over 30 hours that I'm willing to play

Like I said before I haven't read it so I dunno.

I feel like it'd get repetitive pretty quickly if It's like how I think it is.

The whole series is one big parody of shonen fights, so the way it's repetitive is lambasting shonen for being repetitive. But on top of being a really good parody of shonen, it's also a really good shonen because the art is fantastic giving all the fights a fuckton of dynamism.

It's a fantastic manga and you should check it out. Or at least check out the anime when it airs.

I'm really not looking forward to the Bloodborne playthrough. Because it is going to be one of the longest playthroughs, I'm going to be dodging it for ages.

The student life of wanting Bloodborne is a hard one...

360pages

I never really got the repetitive insult for series and what not. Sure series that do different things with their genre is great. But I go to those series specifically because of what they do.

It's like the people who complain that pokemon doesn't change enough completely missing the point of what the term series even means and why it does it.

It would be me wanting a Romance series to have shonen fights because I like Shonen fights and not like romance

I'm really not looking forward to the Bloodborne playthrough. Because it is going to be one of the longest playthroughs, I'm going to be dodging it for ages.

It's been goddamn hard to dodge stuff in the 2 days before it comes out, let alone your situation.

RainSD

Neo Member
I perfer P3 over P4 because I like the premise of Tartarus.

That said the s links are terrible compared to P4. P3's best arcana was the sun and almost all of them were completely nothing.

Try reading a couple chapters. The one they talked about is the one by Murata, which is an adaptation of a manga of the same name by ONE.The Murata version is the one with the amazing closeups, and the ONE version has less than stellar art but is the original.
I'll read a couple chapters tomorrow since it's pretty late and get back to you.

I'm still debating whether or not to watch it. Because in all likelihood I won't be getting a PS4 until like, maybe Christmas, and I don't want to miss out on that much of an LP. But spoilerz... I dunno.

<3

I hope P5 blows P4 out of the water.

And yeah I thought Abu liked Rise...

You don't need to hope.
I mean dont get me wrong, the rest is okay. But they arent P3 or P2 tier.

Mitsuru > Rise

Maya best Persona girl in general though
I only like a handful characters in each Persona cast barring P2.

Rise > Mitsuru.

#TeamUlala
I perfer P3 over P4 because I like the premise of Tartarus.

That said the s links are terrible compared to P4. P3's best arcana was the sun and almost all of them were completely nothing.

You should play the FeMC route. Her S Links are better than both P3 MC's and P4's.

RainSD

Neo Member
Watching Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run, man it makes me cringe when Jeff tells Vinny to switch out Yukkio's fire spells for healing..

I don't expect P5 to be better than P4, but I really hope it's at least near that level of quality.
Really, it's super easy to make that game better. It's flaws are huuuuuge.

Something as simple are real dungeons instead of random gen ones would make everything better.
Yeah like using the allied fusion spells like in P2 and DDS. It will be interesting to see what they would do other than the revealed AoTs.
I expect it to play largely the same in battle, I'm just interested in the story, setting, and if they fixed dungeon crawling.

Really, it's super easy to make that game better. It's flaws are huuuuuge.

Something as simple are real dungeons instead of random gen ones would make everything better.

That's the thing, though. I'm one of those nuts that doesn't give a shit about the combat or gameplay of Persona 4. I love it solely for the writing, characters, style and music. And motherfucker do I love those parts.

beinfilms

Ok, I just finished the new Revelaitons episode (stupid real life stuff, making me almost miss videos), and is it just me, or is that a terrible ending point? It feels super lame.

My guess is that it's because the episode lengths don't work too well for the LP

Top Bottom