• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Nightmare doesn't have a chance he hits his enemy like 15 times with his sword and it doesn't even cut them or anything, they just get knocked out.

Dont even care about knightmare, Im just glad they're gonna talk about how much of a big dick OG guts is.

Retro Samurai

Neo Member
Yeah, I've noticed that the second you criticize a souls game, people's default response is "get good".
Maybe From could design an area that doesn't have an instant full area death attack that stunlocks you. No? Oh that's "good" design somehow because it's a souls game.
Fuck off.

Thing about lots of Souls fans is that they're like the CSCI Majors of videogame fandoms.

Ask any of them if Dark Souls is hard, and they'll declare to the moon and back how difficult and punishing and merciless it is.

But ask any one fan *specifically* if x or y was difficult for them, and they'll brush it off and talk about how they did it in three tries or less and that you should get good.

Couple that with rabid "I miss the old days of difficult, cheap-ass NES games" mouth-frothing and you've got some bad apples on your hands.

Though I'm getting the vibe that it's mostly jokes here. But I get that shit on Reddit all the time.

foxuzamaki

If we're gonna talk about ghost girls, we should atleast mention Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

and zelda from spirit tracks.

Dont even care about knightmare, Im just glad they're gonna talk about how much of a big dick OG guts is.

This is the real fight I wanna see!

a96.png

Guts dont stand a chance amirite!

Retro Samurai

Neo Member
I get what you mean by the analogy, I just think it's funny I'm both of those things, except for the elitist part but shhhhh

Yeah bruh I'm in CIM, you tend to parse the shit students pretty quickly, so I know they're not all like that.

And by pretty quickly, I mean "bring one of your female friends around and figure out which ones freak the fuck out and act slimy and weird. Cross them off the 'potential friends' list."

Git gud tho.
<3
And does it really surprise you that people say stupid shit on reddit? It's even the home of the "PC Masterrace" subreddit. Elitism is aplenty.
Two or three years ago the Dark Souls subreddit was full of kind people who really liked the series. It got overrun with elitists leading up to DkS2's release especially.

Thing about lots of Souls fans is that they're like the CSCI Majors of videogame fandoms.

Ask any of them if Dark Souls is hard, and they'll declare to the moon and back how difficult and punishing and merciless it is.

But ask any one fan *specifically* if x or y was difficult for them, and they'll brush it off and talk about how they did it in three tries or less and that you should get good.

Couple that with rabid "I miss the old days of difficult, cheap-ass NES games" mouth-frothing and you've got some bad apples on your hands.

Though I'm getting the vibe that it's mostly jokes here. But I get that shit on Reddit all the time.

I still stand by the
VA
fight being a mediocre boss fight with an awful gimmick.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT BLOODBORNE, LOOK AT ALL THIS LIFE.

Yeah bruh I'm in CIM, you tend to parse the shit students pretty quickly, so I know they're not all like that.

And by pretty quickly, I mean "bring one of your female friends around and figure out which ones freak the fuck out and act slimy and weird. Cross them off the 'potential friends' list."
That's pretty... Eh, that's pretty bad yeah.
Life to last a lifetime

Pshht. Dark Souls mooks ain't got shit on DMC1 mooks. A melee, a ranged and a command grab? Jeebus.
We need more mooks like DMC1 mooks.

Ya'll motherfuckers need to play this
Its pretty great. My favorite PS3 exclusive
Great concept, great character creator, mediocre gameplay. Fun for the while I tried it.
That isn't exactly an uncommon thing, the more a franchise grows, the more douchebags start showing up ready to rub their e-dicks in self-satisfaction.
Basically.
My guess is most of or all of them never bothered with anything From had made prior.
Probably.
Everyday I feel closer to joining Liam and the other two members of #TeamLife
It's fun over here skLa, come join~

sjay1994

I still stand by the
VA
fight being a mediocre boss fight with an awful gimmick.

Vicer Amelia?

I didn't really have problems with that fight. Just keep moving to its sides, attack it in the back, if it jumps infront of you, its moves are pretty easy to read.

And when it
trys to heal itself, throw numbing mist
or go ham on it.

A really gimmicky fight is
blood starved beast

That fight would not be a problem, if it didn't
poison an area, and just stay there

foxuzamaki

That isn't exactly an uncommon thing, the more a franchise grows, the more douchebags start showing up ready to rub their e-dicks in self-satisfaction.

Xenoblade seems to still have a great community that im glad to be apart of, well xenoblade X having a different score because X is basically a completely different universe. is gonna be the main thing amongst the community soon, I can almost feel it.

foxuzamaki

Dont get me wrong, hometown is great, and preferably I would rather have both, but if I have the choose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom