• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

I never felt like I ever have much to add to any discussions over real topics. I always come into one where it's already had all the questions answered and it's just a few people arguing over some dumb shit.

That Bayo rape thread was my first time actually entering a thread "for real", and it ended up being repeats of the same shit since people don't read threads, they just kneejerk post.

That's why I just post in things that aren't big discussions usually. Or just list topics that require your one post and usually nothing more. I'll scan a bayo rape thread for dumb shit, but I won't post in it because unless I'm confident I'll win a dumb internet argument then nah. The dragging out of an argument you could talk through normally in 5 minutes to 30 minutes or an hour through text posts just makes me ugh.

I only really post in anime threads. People there actually tend to recognize that I defend almost everything. Fuckers shat on Kill la Kill like it was garbage, had to let them know they were wrong and that unless it was as bad as Strike the Blood then it wasn't bad.

AnimeGAF makes me sad sometimes. KLK don't got all my frames of animation like Gurren so it's poo. It's the thing of I hope I don't ever become that serious about the things I enjoy where it becomes a detriment. I feel like I might just start enjoying things less overall then. KLK is just so much fun and it hurts that people can't get into that.

Oh wow man. I remember being excited when I hit 300 games on Steam awhile back.

Anime book club sounds fun, it's sorta what we do now, but it's just through posting suit from the series.

Lost a lot of steam after hitting a 1000 a while back.

We do that now by posting gifs and shit, but not really forcing each other. We all just kind of recommend a thing and then some of us pick it up because of the sheer pushing or we like the recommendation. I just want raw forcing because fuck you Pat, watch the Initial D. Woolie watched Ippo, stop being a poop.

Zenfalcia

OF COURSE, ITS ALL THE PALETTE SWAPS INFLATING THE ROSTER LIKE IN MORTAL KOMBAT

I suppose so. I get the fast thing, but the numbers thing was kinda odd.

In terms of numbers we have like... 30 people who post a good amount, 20 or so who post a lot, and then about the 50 left else posting sometimes to rarely.
I'd be scared of them silently judging me while watching it. Some people are good about backing off and not doing the shifty eyes thing of looking at you for facial reactions though. I know I've done that before and I have to learn to restrain myself from it.

Also yes.

It's been a problem with physical/digital media with me for a while. I really like owning things. Bought Type 0 HD and haven't done anything with it or the FF15 demo. I just tell myself I'm supporting the game as an excuse for buying it new. Or sometimes I'll tell myself it's fine because the game is likely to increase in price later or cool preorder swag or it's a nintendo game so price drops never happen or a lot of other excuses.
That's why the group watch is the best!

It's really bad... Gotta fix that sometimes...

I've thought about asking for a ban just to try and reduce thread use. [Insert overused crack joke]
That's why I just post in things that aren't big discussions usually. Or just list topics that require your one post and usually nothing more. I'll scan a bayo rape thread for dumb shit, but I won't post in it because unless I'm confident I'll win a dumb internet argument then nah. The dragging out of an argument you could talk through normally in 5 minutes to 30 minutes or an hour through text posts just makes me ugh.
The worst part is I won the argument, then someone else came in, won it again, someone else comes in, to where it spirals out of control and I'm sick of it. Literally repeating myself.

List topics are fun, but nobody in there gives a shit about your list or opinions so it's like bleh. I did really enjoy the soundtrack of the era one, though, because making the list was fun in and of itself. GOTY is like that too, just fun to make and write.

Zenfalcia

I only really post in anime threads. People there actually tend to recognize that I defend almost everything. Fuckers shat on Kill la Kill like it was garbage, had to let them know they were wrong and that unless it was as bad as Strike the Blood then it wasn't bad.
Hey, at least people remember you!
Then again I barely post outside of here and don't have vocal opinions.
During the past few days, I've been playing mechaweek videos while catching up to the thread. What do I remember? Nothing!
I play all my games with their audio, you never know when sound cues revealing stuuf in the game can happen. Anything else is distracting, let's not even talk about people who talk during cutscenes.
What kind of monsters would talk during cutscenes! We should call those monsters SBF as a derogatory term just to insult them!
One who probably is addicted to this thread.

You're my favorite co-pilot. It's good knowing the threads in safe hands if I left.
I-i'm not addicted, I'm just-shutupyoujerkIhateyou.

(Dark joke)
How are you sure I won't crash the thread when you leave the pilot seat?

SteveTR

What makes it fine is that we're all weirdly extremely nice people. It's kinda nuts how cool like 99% of us are.

Yeah! I was a bit scared about being on NeoGAF at first, but then I discovered this community and it was fine.

I really enjoy the friendly teasing everybody partakes in.

What makes it fine is that we're all weirdly extremely nice people. It's kinda nuts how cool like 99% of us are.

Yes, but we're also all really odd.

We're like those nice country folk who like to hunt small game and put their heads on stakes in the front yard as trophies, but if your car breaks down we'll give you a lift back and fix it for you.

That's because the other totally not 1% don't say anything.
I'm more singling one person out, but nobody will every know who! MUAHAHAHAHA
Yeah! I was a bit scared about being on NeoGAF at first, but then I discovered this community and it was fine.

I really enjoy the friendly teasing everybody partakes in.
Having a good sense of humor on top of being nice is what drove it home. We've had some good ass moments.

Totally dude.

Nein, fraulien.
Guess we're stuck with the autopilot

Airplane-autopilot.jpg

AnimeGAF makes me sad sometimes. KLK don't got all my frames of animation like Gurren so it's poo. It's the thing of I hope I don't ever become that serious about the things I enjoy where it becomes a detriment. I feel like I might just start enjoying things less overall then. KLK is just so much fun and it hurts that people can't get into that.

Whats worse than people not enjoying it is that they think that just because you like a fun series your tastes are shit. It's ridiculous.

Hey, at least people remember you!
Then again I barely post outside of here and don't have vocal opinions.

I'm pretty much AnimeGAF. I'm also known as that crazy guy that hates on comics and as that guy that is constantly disappointed that games don't have an anime art style.

Who is the 1%?! Is it me! Tell me you motherfucker you!

Zenfalcia

Guess we're stuck with the autopilot
Who's going to blow him when he stops working?!!?
I'm pretty much AnimeGAF. I'm also known as that crazy guy that hates on comics and as that guy that is constantly disappointed that games don't have an anime art style.
I would post in MangaGaf, but in all honesty, I just want to read manga. It doesn't help I don't keep up to date and just binge series.

Skrams

That's why the group watch is the best!
I've done it for Oreimo and SAO because I watched those beforehand. I usually like a first watch of something to be purely myself unless I just don't give a fuck about the thing at all. Reminds me I should watch Panty and Stocking sometime.
I've thought about asking for a ban just to try and reduce thread use. [Insert overused crack joke]
The worst part is I won the argument, then someone else came in, won it again, someone else comes in, to where it spirals out of control and I'm sick of it. Literally repeating myself.

List topics are fun, but nobody in there gives a shit about your list or opinions so it's like bleh. I did really enjoy the soundtrack of the era one, though, because making the list was fun in and of itself. GOTY is like that too, just fun to make and write.
Shit definitely seems to repeat itself when new people just keep flooding into a topic to reignite the same tired flame.

I don't necessarily go in looking for someone to care. I just like to put the thing out there usually. If I get one reply of like, yeah, I agree, or anything then I'm usually happy about it. If I get nothing then whatever. I don't really need a justification for posts in list topics.
You know what? I actually enjoy the fact that a lot of people don't want nothing to do with this thread. It's great.

Eh, I get sad at the potential thought of people writing off the Best Friends because of these topics. If they like the content and don't care to post in the thread then that's fine. If they see a bunch of "shitposting" and just associate it with the videos without having watched them then welp.

I would post in MangaGaf, but in all honesty, I just want to read manga. It doesn't help I don't keep up to date and just binge series.

I don't like going into manga/anime GAF since I don't keep up to date on everything at all times. I'm always a couple weeks behind on most things perpetually trying to catch up and I'm crazy about spoilers.

You son of a bitch. 2% is the one true milk!
I actually don't care. I've had a lot of skim, 1, 2, and whole through my entire life, and I just grab a one or a two at random. I guess if they were both in front of me and both open, I'd go for a one because healthy I guess.
Eh, I get sad at the potential thought of people writing off the Best Friends because of these topics. If they like the content and don't care to post in the thread then that's fine. If they see a bunch of "shitposting" and just associate it with the videos without having watched them then welp.
I've said it before, I love our community, I just wish we didn't drag the Best Friends thread with us. I don't think we'd really care what our thread is called. We just wanna hang out, a seperate thread about the SBF would be on topic and fine.

Zenfalcia

It's a small portion of the one person's posts
I think you're forgetting a few other people.
I dunno, Zenfellatio.
Well then.
I've done it for Oreimo and SAO because I watched those beforehand. I usually like a first watch of something to be purely myself unless I just don't give a fuck about the thing at all. Reminds me I should watch Panty and Stocking sometime.

I don't necessarily go in looking for someone to care. I just like to put the thing out there usually. If I get one reply of like, yeah, I agree, or anything then I'm usually happy about it. If I get nothing then whatever. I don't really need a justification for posts in list topics.

Why watch it alone? We watched panty and stocking yesterday. You could've joined in.

That's my secret, I reply to everyone so they feel happy and feel like they want to stay. >_> I'm totally doing this for an evil plan not because i'm nice, BAKA.

It makes me sad too, having new people would be nice.

demidar

So people have taken notice of our insane shitposting rate.

---

Pillars of Eternity is pretty fucking good. It's like a classic (and good) Infinity Engine game, but with actually good UI designed for modern resolutions and innumerous conveniences like hovering over a keyword to bring up a tooltip that explains mechanics and you right-clicking almost anything to get detailed information.

I think you're forgetting a few other people.

Well then.

That's my secret, I reply to everyone so they feel happy and feel like they want to stay. >_> I'm totally doing this for an evil plan not because i'm nice, BAKA.
Probably. It's fine though.

It's fine.

Don't think I don't notice you being nice, replying to people who don't get replies, you sexy beast~

Zenfalcia

I don't like going into manga/anime GAF since I don't keep up to date on everything at all times. I'm always a couple weeks behind on most things perpetually trying to catch up and I'm crazy about spoilers.
Me too, they seem pretty loose about spoilers and often post spoiler pictures or text with spoilers in it about the latest episode or chapter.
and the fact we only talk about the best friends 20% of the time.
WHO?
So people have taken notice of our insane shitposting rate.

---

Pillars of Eternity is pretty fucking good. It's like a classic (and good) Infinity Engine game, but with actually good UI designed for modern resolutions and innumerous conveniences like hovering over a keyword to bring up a tooltip that explains mechanics and you right-clicking almost anything to get detailed information.
I think they always knew... Just only talked about it in corners of the NEO where we can't see.

How's the gameplay? I forget, is there multiplayer?
Probably. It's fine though.

It's fine.

Don't think I don't notice you being nice, replying to people who don't get replies, you sexy beast~
It's all fine.

You totally don't notice tho!

Rizzi

Remember to do the thing! Press the x x x and y y y.

I wonder why they do that? I'm guessing maybe game ratings or some regions banning games?

I mean like, versions of a game on the US store will work, when on the EU store they won't. It's weird, and dumb.

SteveTR

I see where you're coming from. However, I don't think it's very likely. There have definitely been cases of people being scared off from these threads, but I can't recall anyone being scared off of the channel because of these threads.

In my mind, the fact that this community is generally only loosely connected to SBFP is an asset.

Zenfalcia

I see where you're coming from. However, I don't think it's very likely. There have definitely been cases of people being scared off from these threads, but I can't recall anyone being scared off of the channel because of these threads.

In my mind, the fact that this community is generally only loosely connected to SBFP is an asset.
I think he's talking in the context of people being scared off from these threads. Although it's hard to say if there is no influence at all.
mmmmmmmmm

everything is better when you add a zen to it
Except to a meal. Unless you're into that.

Zenfalcia

ZenBeats
SkLaZenbear
ZentomGaming
RecursiveZen
Missus zen
Zenidar
Ehhh.... sure.
Didn't some Junior Members appear last week? Are they gone?
Yes, they have. They posted a few times when they first came in, not much after.
Thread 18: Official Zenfalcia Fanclub
Yeah.. no.
I'll vote for it.
We can all steal his Franken Fran avatar

Lots of juniors pop up, but only some keep posting. I wonder if they lurk.
I'm planning to change it soon-ish, I haven't decided on a picture yet tho. People should read franken fran tho.

There are quite a few lurkers, like dusknoir, and just some people who haven't been posting a lot recently. Then there are the ones who left us. ;_;7 Agent Morgan.

semisonic

Banned
I'll vote for it.
We can all steal his Franken Fran avatar

Lots of juniors pop up, but only some keep posting. I wonder if they lurk.

I think they lurk. It's why a bunch of them didn't ask questions after they posted for the first time here, despite us engaging in some goddamn questionable discussions at the time.

Watching the bestGAF and being the bestGAF are two very different things, and some people can handle one way better than the other.

Skrams

Whats worse than people not enjoying it is that they think that just because you like a fun series your tastes are shit. It's ridiculous.

People are quick to just write off people as shitstains with horrible opinions after one "misstep." I have the problem a lot too because it's easy to write people off quickly, but I'm trying to become better about at least respecting the opinions more or seeing where people are coming from.

Also I don't get how you can be disappointed when something doesn't have an anime art style. Disappointment usually means you had an expectation so why have an expectation of anime for everything. That's what I'm getting from what you're saying at least. Expecting anime from everything would be a little nuts.
I actually don't care. I've had a lot of skim, 1, 2, and whole through my entire life, and I just grab a one or a two at random. I guess if they were both in front of me and both open, I'd go for a one because healthy I guess.

I've said it before, I love our community, I just wish we didn't drag the Best Friends thread with us. I don't think we'd really care what our thread is called. We just wanna hang out, a seperate thread about the SBF would be on topic and fine.

Fuck Milk, but only because lactose intolerant.

Yeah, not sure on a way to fix that. People were scared of IRC and steam chat is the next best thing really.

Also I was listening to podcast 84 and 85 today and god, Pat's just getting on my nerves lately. He can be so intolerant at times that I can't tell if it's real or a joke anymore. I have to just go "It's Pat," but god damn. That's not a thing I should have to do constantly. I feel like the gang just needs to completely stonewall and ignore him the moment he mentions something crazy. Throw vanilla ice cream on the floor because that's not real food. Throw the hamburger with mayo on the floor because I don't like thing so fuck everyone else. He said something along the lines of "those people aren't me so who cares," for some topic and I just get sad. It feels like the uncle who you thought was cool at first and then you just learn more about him until he just becomes a sad, broken man. I'm exaggerating a bit for effect, but whatever. Liam the best because he actually gives things chances and isn't insane usually. Woolie could of been it, but he hates Deadly Premonition for dumb reasons.

Why watch it alone? We watched panty and stocking yesterday. You could've joined in.

It makes me sad too, having new people would be nice.

Like I said. I usually like my things to be purely by myself at first unless I don't care about the thing at all. I'd rather be solely focused on something like Panty and Stocking and not have a chat open to distract. I like to go into my shit pure.

Also yeah, I try to do that when I can too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom