• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So SMT Soul Hackers is $14.99 on the eshop right now...I think I might bite.

Yes.
ZCi6Rqe.png

I am glad I played Devil Survivor 2 and SMT IV before I played Persona

I'm glad I played SMT after Persona. Made me realize how mediocre most Persona has been in comparison and I probably wouldn't have remotely liked those games as much as I did when I played them if I played stuff like Nocturne, 4, DDS, DeSu:OC first.

ok im on the last episode of Gundam Unicorn
i can now give my opinion of Riddhe
FUCK HIM AND HE CAN GO BURN IN HELL I HATE HIM HE
KILLED
Marida
Hypocritical piece of shit that went insane just because he got rejected
felt like i watched Puru(one of my favorite Zeta characters) die all over again
and that fucker straight up rejected his one chance to become a better character
and instead killed a better character -_-

KILLED
Marida

I had to get up and go for a walk when
Marida died

" Waaah Newtypes! Waaaaah Gundams! Waaaah she likes him better than me!" Fuck off Riddhe.

360pages

I'm glad I played SMT after Persona. Made me realize how mediocre most Persona has been in comparison and I probably wouldn't have remotely liked those games as much as I did when I played them if I played stuff like Nocturne, 4, DDS, DeSu:OC first.

For me SMTIV felt like a worse version of a lot of RPGs I was playing on the 3DS at the time. Things felt loose and that might not always work, attacks and defense didn't feel like it had weight to it.. Everything felt like paper.

Laputa_94

Marida died

" Waaah Newtypes! Waaaaah Gundams! Waaaah she likes him better than me!" Fuck off Riddhe.

KILLED
Marida
and that fucker straight up rejected his one chance to become a better character
This is the right opinion when it comes to Riddhe.

For me SMTIV felt like a worse version of a lot of RPGs I was playing on the 3DS at the time. Things felt loose and that might not always work, attacks and defense didn't feel like it had weight to it.. Everything felt like paper.

That's what I adored about it. Nothing had weight to it. In that fucked up world anything can die in seconds, you or the demon you're fighting.

I'd consider it pretty mediocre but I've only played 4. If it wasn't my first SMT game I probably wouldn't have liked it all.

I was talking more about 2 (which I still love) and 3. And I hear people like 1 too, though I haven't gotten to it myself

Everyone already knows how I feel about 4 so I really don't need to repeat it.

360pages

That's what I adored about it. Nothing had weight to it. In that fucked up world anything can die in seconds, you or the demon you're fighting.

But you can see where that is a problem right? There is progression, but not in the same sense a lot of other RPGs handle it. I guess comparing it, EO series would be similar to Dark Souls while SMTIV is kind of like a fast character action game.

(Not saying these games = those, just for comparison) EO series really makes you commit to each attack you do mess up and you might need to take turns recovering. Thinking ahead is really important and knowing what attack a boss does on what turn can lead to victory.

SMT IV doesn't have a turn counter, mess up you're dead with the worst penalty being sent back to the room before.

KILLED
Marida

Marida died

This is the right opinion when it comes to Riddhe.

Everything is a glass cannon and Press Turn KICKS ASS.

I prefer all of the PS2 Atlus game I've played, but IV was quite good.

Same here. Nocturne and DDS 1 are better, but IV is still great.

But you can see where that is a problem right? There is progression, but not in the same sense a lot of other RPGs handle it. I guess comparing it, EO series would be similar to Dark Souls while SMTIV is kind of like a fast character action game.

(Not saying these games = those, just for comparison) EO series really makes you commit to each attack you do mess up and you might need to take turns recovering. Thinking ahead is really important and knowing what attack a boss does on what turn can lead to victory.

SMT IV doesn't have a turn counter, mess up you're dead with the worst penalty being sent back to the room before.

No. Its not EO, and its not trying to be EO.

GOD DAMN STEPH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom