• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

I don't think going for ad hominem shittalking as a kneejerk reaction is very nice. Especially considering, if you think he's being unfair by judging the game, you can voice that you think that without trying to get in a cheap shot.

I don't even think it's wrong to say that you find it's totally fair and you should just dodge shit, but you don't have to come off as an elitist over it.

If you're not willing to help someone like the game more, you're just antagonizing them.
Perhaps he feels like Rizzi's not giving BB the proper chance due to his frustration and dislike for parts of the game.

I really hate when people call something bad or unfair when it usually comes down to the person not understanding how to counteract it. For example, my friends don't play me in Injustice anymore because they refuse to learn how to get in on me when i play deathstroke. They call me cheap and how deathstroke is a broken character, and it pisses me off.
I can sympathize, I've argued with my friend over how she hates Dark Souls for hours on end, with most of it being her being unwilling to learn how to play and blaming the game for it, and it sucks hearing her go on about how the game is trash and boring.

The thing is, it's just not a good excuse to get up in arms over it and start throwing shit at the person. You're better off talking about reasons why they have problems with a specific thing than talking about general statements of "bad" and "git gud", even if the person you're talking to does do just that.

Just "take the high road", to sound like a moral elitist myself :p

Skrams

well i just bought 3 xbox 360s for $120 in the hopes of trading them in for a ps4

You taking advantage of the amazon warehouse shit? Just bought a PS2 and PS3 myself. Would of bought another dreamcast, but they were already out. Good luck on getting the trade in to work.

I can sympathize, I've argued with my friend over how she hates Dark Souls for hours on end, with most of it being her being unwilling to learn how to play and blaming the game for it, and it sucks hearing her go on about how the game is trash and boring.

The thing is, it's just not a good excuse to get up in arms over it and start throwing shit at the person. You're better off talking about reasons why they have problems with a specific thing than talking about general statements of "bad" and "git gud", even if the person you're talking to does do just that.

Just "take the high road", to sound like a moral elitist myself :p

But why take the high road when i can flaunt my gaming greatness over the peons.

Zenfalcia

I really hate when people call something bad or unfair when it usually comes down to the person not understanding how to counteract it. For example, my friends don't play me in Injustice anymore because they refuse to learn how to get in on me when i play deathstroke. They call me cheap and how deathstroke is a broken character, and it pisses me off.
Although, you are right to some degree, wouldn't it be a little more forgiving towards them if they aren't playing seriously? Unless you're all playing seriously, you could allso help them out and give them tips to get in and what they are doing right.
I PM'd you. But Orange Marmalade.

Also despite being British, I think Marmalade is garbage. Like full on trash. I think marmalade is a thing we've got going... I'm not sure... I don't care.

Now where are my crumpets.
ah, okay. So you finished all of it? What do you think? Or did you send that in the PM already?

It's fine imo.
get hyped for Cooking you guys!
Who's reading the manga here? It's pretty good. Slightly repetative, but entertaining regardless.
I am ready to eat some good food while watching people orgasm by use of good food.
It's going to be terribo.
well i just bought 3 xbox 360s for $120 in the hopes of trading them in for a ps4
Do they all work? Did you ask?

Ants

But why take the high road when i can flaunt my gaming greatness over the peons.
629.gif

Zenfalcia

Ok, now I'm actually interested. I wanna make it for myself too.
You weren't interested the other times i posted about it?
/salt not really. :p
there's other cooking mangas with recipes too... Like hell's kitchen not based on gordon ramsey, addicted to curry, silver spoon is tangentially related to cooking, and there's also koufuku grafiti which is also about cooking.. i don't know if the manga also has recipes but the anime is fun. /rant
Guys why am i up at 4:30 am arguing with you nerds about video games instead of sleeping?
You love us.

there's other cooking mangas with recipes too... Like hell's kitchen not based on gordon ramsey, addicted to curry, silver spoon is tangentially related to cooking, and there's also koufuku grafiti which is also about cooking.. i don't know if the manga also has recipes but the anime is fun. /rant
Oh god why am I looking at this thread at 3AM... I'm getting hungry...

I gotta look at more cooking manga/anime.

I'm gonna bed. Night.
HOLY SHIT
IF YOU GUYS WANNA WATCH DIEBUSTER I REALLY RECOMMEND GUNBUSTER FIRST
Yeah I was planning on it.

HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
Guys why am i up at 4:30 am arguing with you nerds about video games instead of sleeping?
You love it
I used to watch a bunch of Food Network on TV way back. I could dabble, but it's one of those things that's hard to get started on.

Zenfalcia

HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
You love it

I used to watch a bunch of Food Network on TV way back. I could dabble, but it's one of those things that's hard to get started on.
Groovin magic is so good and catchy. WHAT ABOUT THAT ENDING THO!

Up to you, i named a few series already, you can always just read it for the story or characters which are pretty good.

Zenfalcia

NOPE
BUT GODDAMMIT IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE
SO PERFECT
I DIDN'T THINK THE SEQUEL WAS ACTUALLY GONNA TIE IN THAT WELL AFTER THOSE FIRST EPISODES WERE SO WILDLY DIFFERENT IN THEIR LORE BUT

WOW
I want to ask how, but i haven't seen gunbuster yet only diebuster. So what would you rank it out of 10?

I want to ask how, but i haven't seen gunbuster yet only diebuster. So what would you rank it out of 10?
Objectively Gunbuster is slow as hell and has quirks that come with the time, and disregarding its significance in inventing its genre I'd say it's a more objective 7/10, while I really really have a fondness for it that makes me like it more than I feel it "earned". Those early episodes deserve a word more harsh than "slow", but the series as a whole had amazing stuff.

Diebuster felt like a wholly divorced story in the same universe
that suddenly became THE GREATEST LOVE LETTER TO ANYTHING I'VE EVER SEEN AND WAS LITERALLY THE HYPEST SHIT
LIKE IT WAS AN ALRIGHT WATCH BUT THEN IT BECAME PERFECTTTTTT

You really, really missed out by not watching Gunbuster first, to be honest.

Zenfalcia

Objectively Gunbuster is slow as hell and has quirks that come with the time, and disregarding its significance in inventing its genre I'd say it's a more objective 7/10, while I really really have a fondness for it that makes me like it more than I feel it "earned". Those early episodes deserve a word more harsh than "slow", but the series as a whole had amazing stuff.

Diebuster felt like a wholly divorced story in the same universe
that suddenly became THE GREATEST LOVE LETTER TO ANYTHING I'VE EVER SEEN AND WAS LITERALLY THE HYPEST SHIT
LIKE IT WAS AN ALRIGHT WATCH BUT THEN IT BECAME PERFECTTTTTT

You really, really missed out by not watching Gunbuster first, to be honest.
Hmm interesting. Is it because they focused a lot on drama and less on the actual major events?

When did it become perfect for you? So you think we should do a let's watch of it?

I'll rewatch diebuster after i finish watching gunbuster. It'll be fine.

Hmm interesting. Is it because they focused a lot on drama and less on the actual major events?

When did it become perfect for you? So you think we should do a let's watch of it?

I'll rewatch diebuster after i finish watching gunbuster. It'll be fine.
It's a very reluctant hero trope thing. You can tell it's by Anno and how you can compare the heroine to Shinji early on. Lots of long panning shots and weird bland pacing without much payoff and some dated dialogue. After the first 3 episodes of Gunbuster it really gets going though.

The entire 6th episode of Diebuster was such an amazing reveal, and that moment right at the end is just... wow.

Zenfalcia

I killed it.
Hit it with an axe until it died. Fuck using the Kirkhammer.
Conglaturations. Was the kirkhammer just too slow?
It's a very reluctant hero trope thing. You can tell it's by Anno and how you can compare the heroine to Shinji early on. Lots of long panning shots and weird bland pacing without much payoff and some dated dialogue. After the first 3 episodes of Gunbuster it really gets going though.

The entire 6th episode of Diebuster was such an amazing reveal, and that moment right at the end is just... wow.
Ah, okay.

You still feel like you've been blown away? You could always rewatch it one more time. ;)

Damn UNIEL ranked is barren right now. Its not too unreasonable to ask for more people on ranked at 2-5AM on a Monday in this unpopular fighting game is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom