• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Duscae video makes me excited for FF15, which I actually didn't care about before watching the video. Hope it comes to PC before I die.

Zenfalcia

It makes no sense to block out game audio with podcasts or LPs or whatever else unless you've heard the game a bunch of times, after about a hundred hours of Dark Souls I started listening to the Friendcasts instead.
That's usually a good alternative than listening to the same music for the 100th time.
I'd end up tuning out the podcast, so it'd defeat the purpose.

And I could die!
Depends on how intensive the game is.

Dying from the Best friends would be a good way to go out. You'll be fiiine!

"SMT main characters suck and are boring"

Pat is officially the worst best friend.

Well... he's right. They are silent blank slates whose only emotions are looking menacingly or looking aloof and uncaring.

It might look like Demi Fiend or Raidou Kuzunoha are badass motherfuckers but that's just because of fanart and Kaneko depicting them like that.

Well... he's right. They are silent blank slates whose only emotions are looking menacingly or looking aloof and uncaring.

He means from a personality stand point rather than a design one, they're all silent protagonists aren't they?

I completely disagree with the new look being more interesting then what was the originally percieved idea of SMT x FE. SMT MC's aren't boring, they're blank slates. You could have put almost any kind of personality on them and it could work like Persona 4 where they gave Yu a personality in the anime and made him a pretty interesting character.

This new game looks interesting, but I'm struggling hard to see why this game has anything to do with SMT or FE. It has minor elements of both. But with a name like SMT x FE, you expect a crossover, but this game could have had a completely new name and nothing would have had to change.

It might look like Demi Fiend or Raidou Kuzunoha are badass motherfuckers but that's just because of fanart and Kaneko depicting them like that.
Somebody didn't get the True Demon ending

croten

I completely disagree with the new look being more interesting then what was the originally percieved idea of SMT x FE. SMT MC's aren't boring, they're blank slates. You could have put almost any kind of personality on them and it could work like Persona 4 where they gave Yu a personality in the anime and made him a pretty interesting character.

This new game looks interesting, but I'm struggling hard to see why this game has anything to do with SMT or FE. With a name like SMT x FE, you expect a crossover, but this game could have had a completely new name and nothing would have had to change.

Blank Slates are boring to me.

Just listened to that part.

rfLbv.gif

This new game looks interesting, but I'm struggling hard to see why this game has anything to do with SMT or FE. It has minor elements of both. But with a name like SMT x FE, you expect a crossover, but this game could have had a completely new name and nothing would have had to change.

I don't think an SMT and FE crossover is what they're going for anymore. Seems to be it's own thing, but with small nods to each franchise.

They announced it way too early originally and we all read into that teaser. They changed the name in JP to IR#FE instead of SMT. It seems to be more "ATLUS does stuff with FE"-the game.

As someone who fucking adores both SMT and Fire Emblem, seeing that trailer has just hit me now and I'm pretty salt. The prospect of something like Demi-Fiend vs Ike would have blown my mind, so seeing whatever that is just hurts. Its too soon to be disappointed, but man it just hurts.

Just listened to that part.

rfLbv.gif

I don't think SMT and FE crossover is what they're going for anymore. Seems to be it's own thing, but with small nods to each franchise.

Then why the fuck do you call it SMT x FE? Unless they've just completely changed the name and are gonna stop calling that, but they still call it SMT x FE in the Direct.

Then why the fuck do you call it SMT x FE? Unless they've just completely changed the name and are gonna stop calling that, but they still call it SMT x FE in the Direct.

Like Recursive said, they changed the name in Japan to IR#FE. I guess they were originally going to make it a crossover and somewhere in between the 2 year wait they changed it to what we have now.

Like Recursive said, they changed the name in Japan to IR#FE. I guess they were originally going to make it a crossover and somewhere in between the 2 year wait they changed it to what we have now.

They announced it way too early originally and we all read into that teaser. They changed the name in JP to IR#FE instead of SMT. It seems to be more "ATLUS does stuff with FE"-the game.

Wasn't even aware of that. I wonder if they're just gonna ditch the SMT title entirely then, because other than the ending shot and the persona-esque UI I didn't see anything that actually had to do with SMT.

Wasn't even aware of that. I wonder if they're just gonna ditch the SMT title entirely then, because other than the ending shot and the persona-esque UI I didn't see anything that actually had to do with SMT.
IR is short for some Japanese words that are a play on Megami Tensei (Not even Shin Megami Tensei), but it clearly means it not part of SMT, I think.

Hopefully we still get some good nods and cameos.

Zenfalcia

As someone who fucking adores both SMT and Fire Emblem, seeing that trailer has just hit me now and I'm pretty salt. The prospect of something like Demi-Fiend vs Ike would have blown my mind, so seeing whatever that is just hurts. Its too soon to be disappointed, but man it just hurts.

As salt as abu? You guys should be salt buddies.

They changed the name, it's not SMT x FE any more. It's phantom something #(reverse pound/hashtag) Fire emblem.

Nooo. Life is Strange video. At least the podcast was today, otherwise I'd have no SBFP in my day.

True demon ending Demifiend is the most canon Demifiend.
tumblr_n9u2s55FnK1rp5c3ho1_500.jpg

Demifiend and Marth going on adventures would be glorious.

IR is short for some Japanese words that are a play on Megami Tensei (Not even Shin Megami Tensei), but it clearly means it not part of SMT, I think.

Hopefully we still get some good nods and cameos.

Then I guess in a way that SMT x FE actually is dead. Hopefully this new thing is at least interesting.

As salt as abu? You guys should be salt buddies.

They changed the name, it's not SMT x FE any more. It's phantom something #(reverse pound/hashtag) Fire emblem.

I wasn't mad about it before. I think it was just denial, but hearing the best friends just saying that this actually looks more interesting than a regular SMT x FE straight up crossover is just.

FUCK.

Speaking of Life is Strange, Matt and Liam are right about how Max has tons of evidence of bad shit happening and could get people expelled. This is definitely where the writers not being American really shows and not in a good way.

Zenfalcia

I wasn't mad about it before. I think it was just denial, but hearing the best friends just saying that this actually looks more interesting than a regular SMT x FE straight up crossover is just.

FUCK.
IT's fiiiiiiine! It's just a new game with elements from SMT and FE in it.

Xiraiya

Speaking of Life is Strange, Matt and Liam are right about how Max has tons of evidence of bad shit happening and could get people expelled. This is definitely where the writers not being American really shows and not in a good way.

What evidence do they mean? In my game I took every optional photo and got the better outcomes and still have nothing substantial enough for evidence, or what I would call evidence anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom