• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

The side step sucks. The loading times are fucking awful. Oops, you ran out of healing items trying to deal with the bosses bullshit? Too bad, go grind for them you fucking scrub. Oh, and make sure you have enough bullets or you won't be able to parry. Getting stuck on geometry in a boss fight is fun. The enemies still have that fucking bullshit attack tracking that they had in DS2.

semisonic

Banned
I'll just put the word Bloodborne there instead

Damnit.
I might seriously take a break from this thread if it continues being the bloodborne OT as hard as it has been.
I get there's a fuckton of hype and the game's super cool, but the title actually kinda sums up my feelings on the matter.
Maybe it'll get better farther from release. Either way, I'll just play muh gost trik and wait for the lp

Alfebit

Banned
Damnit.
I might seriously take a break from this thread if it continues being the bloodborne OT as hard as it has been.
I get there's a fuckton of hype and the game's super cool, but the title actually kinda sums up my feelings on the matter.
Maybe it'll get better farther from release. Either way, I'll just play muh gost trik and wait for the lp

Yeah, I think it's time we start a sub-group chat in the steam chat. Pages are just covered in spoiler tags. It's almost like we're watching the TWD S2 LP again.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm enjoying the level up NPC in bloodborne a lot more than the dark souls 2 level up NPC

image.php

semisonic

Banned
Yeah, I think it's time we start a sub-group chat in the steam chat. Pages are just covered in spoiler tags. It's almost like we're watching the TWD S2 LP again.
That's actually a really good idea.
Just monhun it.
I tried to remind him like 7 hours ago, so by this point, I've given him up as a failure.
Oh you.
You still believed in our lord and savior of nonstop infinite fraudage?
Why would you do such a thing.

The side step sucks. The loading times are fucking awful. Oops, you ran out of healing items trying to deal with the bosses bullshit? Too bad, go grind for them you fucking scrub. Oh, and make sure you have enough bullets or you won't be able to parry. Getting stuck on geometry in a boss fight is fun. The enemies still have that fucking bullshit attack tracking that they had in DS2.
The dodges are stupid good. The health items and bullet items are more like Demon's Souls but with the limit on the number you can hold. Attack tracking is actually made up for by your OP dodge and parry ability. Also you can press up on the dpad to make bullets out of your health.

Zenfalcia

It says a lot more about Gendo Ikari than Rei's lack of emotion.
How so?
Git gud tho.

How does the sidestep suck? You can make more bullets by giving up your health. For healing, you can attack bosses to get back health. You can also buy healing items with blood echoes. Even with the attack tracking, you have the movement to out manouver them.

This
fourth boss and her damn healing ability. Making the fight way longer than need be, and hitting it isn't doing enough to stagger her out of it, if it's even possible.

This
fourth boss and her damn healing ability. Making the fight way longer than need be, and hitting it isn't doing enough to stagger her out of it, if it's even possible.

I actually learned that you can
stop her from healing with the Numbing Urns. Wish I knew that when I fought her.

This
I just had a
20 minute brawl and only noticed it was a healing ability towards the end when I lost
, lol. Too focused to look at the health bar.

To be honest, I'm sorta being selfish cause I can't get in a Steam group chat on my tablet, so I can't easily chat and play. I've felt pretty dang left out when people play Ultimax and stuff though, so I can sympathize.

We should probably move discussion.

Zenfalcia

At least then we'd be talking about how they're playing instead of our own playthroughs. People are going to leave if all there is is big spoiler tags about Bloodborne.
That's true. Hmm... I do want them on the thread so it's catalogued though, but steam does make the conversations easier and faster...

JoJo94

See guys this is why I avoided the thread for a bit since I knew it would be nothing but Bloodborne. Even though I'm not helping now.

BB
Did anyone else get grabbed by the invisible giant outside cathedral ward? I was so impressed I didn't even get that mad.

The one there is visible for me.
Er maybe I'm thinking of a differant one.

I have had plenty of monsters spawn under the map on me though were they can hit me but I can't hit them

To be honest, I'm sorta being selfish cause I can't get in a Steam group chat on my tablet, so I can't easily chat and play. I've felt pretty dang left out when people play Ultimax and stuff though, so I can sympathize.

We should probably move discussion.

I think we should wait a little longer. A lot discussion still about BB here so far is people asking for tips or asking for helps/questions about mechanics. I think as more of us grasp that kind of stuff and start wondering where bosses are, lore stuff, etc. in about a week or so then we should move it over. Its still really new and I don't want people in the steam chat to get spoiled by plot/bosses because they have a question about the best location to farm blood vials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom