• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

I hope they never figure out that PS4 has a youtube app now.
A part of me kinda want the let's watches to have streams as shitty as the MS one.

Okay, hearing Liam mention Devil's Third and how good its gameplay was during the Microsoft Conference Let's Watch made me happy.

Fuck, that game's less than 3 months away, I need it.

Zomba13

woof this microsoft let's watch is rouuugghhh... Like 140p, echoes, no facecam, stream freezes... It's fiiiiiine...

Nah, they tweeted some stuff.

They seem to have a knack for picking bad streams. I just used the Gamespot one, you can pause it and scub forwards (up to live) and back and it's great quality. They could let it buffer for a bit and all watch it when it looks nice.

I'm too excited about the Shenmue excitement and going down to E3 to sleep. I kinda feel like I should just listen to the podcast since I need to be up in less than 3 hours...

God dammit, should've figured James Small was one of those motherfuckers that was salt about DMC4 going multiplat back in the day.

EDIT: Oh my god, these drunk James Small stories are fucking precious. Holy shit.

Zomba13

Yeah watching this MS lets watch is kinda painful. They should just use Gamespot stream next year. I've yet to have an issue with them.

God dammit, should've figured James Small was one of those motherfuckers that was salt about DMC4 going multiplat back in the day.

EDIT: Oh my god, these drunk James Small stories are fucking precious. Holy shit.

You sure he wasn't trolling? The rich James Small lore is that he was violently against the PS2, so it seems weird that he would be that vehemently pro-PS3. (Then again, it's also possible he is not a rational human being.)

Edit: Nevermind, he gets drunk and kickstarts things he doesn't want and can't play. Confirmed for irrational.

grimmiq

Really wish they'd upload the let's watches to youtube..All the bitching about the stream quality and their goddamn player still shits itself when I try to watch something, 100mbps down, buffers every 5secs on 720p.

Zomba13

Really wish they'd upload the let's watches to youtube..All the bitching about the stream quality and their goddamn player still shits itself when I try to watch something, 100mbps down, buffers every 5secs on 720p.

Oh yeah. Not only do they have issues with streams for recording, the player is utter shit so things look EVEN WORSE for us.

aly

Yep. Their player just sucks for me. Is there any easy way to download them or watch on mobile to make life easier. I'll let the one on the website just play in the background.

I'm surprised the Zaibatsu had so many problems with the Microsoft stream, but I guess not using Livestreamer (with a GUI) on a PC would cause that. Everything worked fine for me until EA's presser started fucking up.

Skrams

They don't seem like they're going to do that anymore so they don't have the chance to get flagged I think. I forget if there was actually a trigger that caused them to do this, but eh, doesn't seem like they're going to do that now.

Behind a few days on videos, but I'll make sure to watch the Sony one tonight to see Pat trip all over his dick and fall into a bowl of crow and shit with the three megatons announced. Hopefully the Sony one isn't as fucked as what this MS video appears to be because wow, it seems like the equivalent of 140p or 240p majority of the time anything is moving on screen. And they fucked up the capturing of themselves so hopefully they don't screw that up again.

Also wonder if this Let's Watch will enter the fray of the GT, Giantbomb, and everyone else debate.

Anung

Un Rama
I was at my friends for E3 so couldn't get to gaf (not that it was working lol) but damn last night was something special. I can't wait to see how the Zaibatsu react.

EDIT: Augh, I have to watch the reactions on their websites shitty videoplayer? buzzkill.

I was at my friends for E3 so couldn't get to gaf (not that it was working lol) but damn last night was something special. I can't wait to see how the Zaibatsu react.

EDIT: Augh, I have to watch the reactions on their websites shitty videoplayer? buzzkill.

*shrugs*

The Web Player works on Wii U. That's how I'm watching tonight's videos.

Squishy3

Pretty sure it has something to do with not getting hit for copyright infringement, since they probably aren't authorized to restream it. (And if they get hit with a DMCA on the website it's just as simple as taking down the video and doesn't put it in danger since there isn't a three strikes program like on Youtube.)

Xux

Jeeze, a new Nier developed by Platinum?

It's like the entire industry is fighting to keep P* in the spotlight and in business.

Anung

Un Rama
Everything was dreams... ;_;

laughcrying9ixgg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom