• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
Square turns out to be as good as Bethesda, if not even better depends on who you ask.

The stuff Square shown was good but the actual presentation was shoddy. Bethesda had cool stuff to show (with a little fat) and the show itself was well put together. Still valid attempts since they are both first timers.

Nintendo's was just bad and EA's was embarrassing.

The stuff Square shown was good but the actual presentation was shoddy. Bethesda had cool stuff to show (with a little fat) and the show itself was well put together. Still valid attempts since they are both first timers.

Nintendo's was just bad and EA's was embarrassing.

I felt bad for Reggie. He got sent out to do nuclear warfare holding a pistol with no bullets. He probably did the best he could with what Nintendo had, considering the World Championship and everything else.

No real sympathy for EA, obviously, or Ubiplease aka Tom Clancy's Ubisoft.

I felt bad for Reggie. He got sent out to do nuclear warfare holding a pistol with no bullets. He probably did the best he could with what Nintendo had, considering the World Championship and everything else.

No real sympathy for EA, obviously, or Ubiplease aka Tom Clancy's Ubisoft.

he probably saw the Sony conference and was like FUCK our prerecorded event is nowhere near that hype

he probably saw the Sony conference and was like FUCK our prerecorded event is nowhere near that hype

I mean, he knew going in that he wasn't going to have very much to show, but fuck. Sony lowballed expectations so hard I don't think anyone could avoid being blindsided. They were practically acting like they were going to cede the E3 hype to Microsoft in the run-up to the conference.

Not sure if humble or smug as fuck.

Not sure if humble or smug as fuck.

jDnXPBB.jpg

Well, obviously Square-Enix are right bastards, but I meant Sony.

It's kind of amazing how the PS4 Alliance is reviving Japanese game design, even if the Japanese populace remains steadfast in their refusal to get on board. Going to be interesting to see if these announcements begin to move Media Create numbers.

Well, obviously Square-Enix are right bastards, but I meant Sony.

It's kind of amazing how the PS4 Alliance is reviving Japanese game design, even if the Japanese populace remains steadfast in their refusal to get on board. Going to be interesting to see if these announcements begin to move Media Create numbers.

FF7 is guaranteed to succeed in Japan as im pretty sure it was just as popular there as it was here

Jeeze, a new Nier developed by Platinum?

Arclight, are you okay?

Arclight post if you're ok.
On twitter
I've been away from the internet for three fucking hours for an art class, and this is what I come back to? Fuck, I may actually just die on the spot.

Actually this makes me perfectly okay with FF7 remake if that's the case. You people get your crazy reimagining that should not be financially feasible in the fucking slightest, and I'm over here happy that Yoko Taro will be getting more work, and perhaps finally a game in his fucked up universe that is not totally jank.

Thank you Square. You still care about the one franchise in your catalog that actually matters more than anything.

--

Off site but related, holy fuck there's around 150 replies in the Drakengard 3 Let's Play thread on SA since I last saw. Dark Id must be happier than a shit hog in shit right now, glorious.

Neol

Square really showed there stuff this year. Really want to buy a PS4 now considering this and Sony's amazing conference.

Weird to say though I'm a bit worried about Platinum a bit. Have this nagging feeling that there spreading themselves out too thin and it will show in there games.

I just saw the pic of Yoko Taro wearing Emil's head. I've never grinned as hard in my life until now.

Damn it all, now I'm actually dead. If this doesn't finally kickstart the Pat and Liam NieR LP on the channel, then fuck this earth.

I can't bekieve it either.

Seriously, fuck TLG, fuck FF7 Remake, fuck Shenmue 3, Mario Maker, and Summer Lesson all combined. THIS IS VIDEO GAMES RIGHT HERE!!!

I just wanna hug Liam right now, I share his enthusiasm immensely.

i almost had a fucking heart attack while eating my chicken wings last night when FF7 showed up

Square really showed there stuff this year. Really want to buy a PS4 now considering this and Sony's amazing conference.

Weird to say though I'm a bit worried about Platinum a bit. Have this nagging feeling that there spreading themselves out too thin and it will show in there games.

It's not as bad as it looks. The Nier 2 team, for instance, remains primarily Square-Enix employees. If they didn't have a P* guy in the Producer's chair I'd almost call it more of a consulting job, but at any rate it shouldn't take a full game's worth of their roster to work on the project since they're primarily there for game design.

It's not as bad as it looks. The Nier 2 team, for instance, remains primarily Square-Enix employees. If they didn't have a P* guy in the Producer's chair I'd almost call it more of a consulting job, but at any rate it shouldn't take a full game's worth of their roster to work on the project since they're primarily there for game design.

guys Niers story with Platinums combat
oh GOD

Neol

Very true but still can't shake off this feeling.

Maybe I just can't get into terms with this considering there helping develop Star Fox ,Transformers, Scalebound and Nier with also rumors of a Bayo 3 on the works as well. I mean its just too crazy looking at it all.

oh GOD
I know, right? Admittedly I always felt like that Cavia jank was a charming aspect of the whole Drakengard/NieR series, but this possibly being polished and well designed could be refreshing in a weird way.

Man, my mind is just going back through some of the stuff in Grimoire Nier and what all might get pulled from it (please let
the aliens
show up), the possibilities are just crazy. I just hope they find a way to implement the Ending E concept they had for the first game. You can do it Taro, I believe!

Fuck, this hype is literally cutting into my productivity, I need to cool off.

I know, right? Admittedly I always felt like that Cavia jank was a charming aspect of the whole Drakengard/NieR series, but this possibly being polished and well designed could be refreshing in a weird way.

Man, my mind is just going back through some of the stuff in Grimoire Nier and what all might get pulled from it (please let
the aliens
show up), the possibilities are just crazy. I just hope they find a way to implement the Ending E concept they had for the first game. You can do it Taro, I believe!

Fuck, this hype is literally cutting into my productivity, I need to cool off.

i cant even play Witcher 3 right now im so happy
FF7R,TLG,Shenmue 3,Nier 2
and hell HL3 might as well show up as well

Xiraiya

I don't understand why they're having such a terrible time getting streams to work during the MS conference, Youtube worked perfectly all day even on really questionable internet.

Beloved

I don't understand why they're having such a terrible time getting streams to work during the MS conference, Youtube worked perfectly all day even on really questionable internet.

Yeah I was wondering that too, I had to refresh occasionally but other than that it worked perfectly fine for me and you know how unreliable my net is. Haha

Xiraiya

Yeah I was wondering that too, I had to refresh occasionally but other than that it worked perfectly fine for me and you know how unreliable my net is. Haha

Apparently Matt has the worst internet in the world, or someone was downloading something and forgot.

Randy42

I wonder if woolie's 'every permutation' comment at the end of the cast means theres finally a Pat/Woolie/Liam LP in the works or if it just referred to 2 man pairs

Squishy3

Very true but still can't shake off this feeling.

Maybe I just can't get into terms with this considering there helping develop Star Fox ,Transformers, Scalebound and Nier with also rumors of a Bayo 3 on the works as well. I mean its just too crazy looking at it all.
lol bayo 3 is never happening anytime soon

Metroid Prime

That just killed me, I will get actually depressed if we just never get another one anymore.

Yeah, that... yeah. Most of the Nintendo conference I wasn't terribly disappointed by since I went in with zero expectations, but that and the bizarre Animal Crossing Mario Party thing both made me want to quote Pat super hard.

My reaction was akin to Liam's for the new Nier.

I didn't think Square would touch Drakengard again. I am so glad they have and with such a dream team. Drakengard doesn't deserve this, it makes no sense. But I am so happy it is happening.

If you didn't dream of Nier 2...

I haven't even played Nier 1 so I couldn't dream of Nier 2, that's not even because of a lack of interest, I can't find that game for a reasonable price. I am very interested in Nier 2 but for now I still have to play Nier 1 and I also still need to get a PS4.

oh GOD

I've recently played the drakengard games and nier before that. Literally throughout those games my sister and I were saying "yo, what if platinum worked on the game for some better combat?".

The announcement today blew our minds, I was standing up losing my mind. Insurmountable hype for life.

My sister and I are buying a PS4.

Bayo 3 will probably be kickstarted, as will be the fate of any beloved franchise that SEGA has scorned in the future. Their new role in the industry is to outsource Sonic games and act as publisher for Total War now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom