• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Welp, Frienders, going in for surgery tomorrow to have my gallbladder yanked out. Just a quick outpatient thing, won't even have to stay overnight. Still nervous, of course.

Here's hoping I don't die!

d8t02.jpg

Welp, Frienders, going in for surgery tomorrow to have my gallbladder yanked out. Just a quick outpatient thing, won't even have to stay overnight. Still nervous, of course.

My mother had to get her's taken out a couple of years ago, It will be fine but good luck

Every time I go on SaltyBet I find a new song I like.

last time it was Calling from TWEWY and this time its this Madoka song Nocte of Desperatio

Now i'm just waiting till people use it as their avatars.
Mine isn't too far from it.

Have fun with the anesthesia after effects. Might want to have someone record you if they're going with.

Xiraiya

I get Pat's complaint about the Artorias Sword, and I agree it's another one of those things that might be a little heavy handed at this point.

But, at the same time there's no real reason why that sword couldn't have been carried down over thousands of years and I liked the touch that it somehow attracted left hand wielders.

The other thing is in terms of game content, there is really no other sword like Artorias's swordl. I mean to those of us who have played Dark Souls 1, yeah it's the thing, it's cool and so on, but for people who didn't play DS1, I definitely see it as being a cool strange thing they hadn't seen before, I also liked that it's called something different.

So Pat has a valid complaint in the context of all the other DS1 references in DSII, however the sword on it's own, is not nearly as bad as other throwbacks that are in the game, honestly if DSII had very little to no references from DS1, that would actually be a really cool thing to add in the DLC.

360pages

I get Pat's complaint about the Artorias Sword, and I agree it's another one of those things that might be a little heavy handed at this point.

But, at the same time there's no real reason why that sword couldn't have been carried down over thousands of years and I liked the touch that it somehow attracted left hand wielders.

The other thing is in terms of game content, there is really no other sword like Artorias's swordl. I mean to those of us who have played Dark Souls 1, yeah it's the thing, it's cool and so on, but for people who didn't play DS1, I definitely see it as being a cool strange thing they hadn't seen before, I also liked that it's called something different.

So Pat has a valid complaint in the context of all the other DS1 references in DSII, however the sword on it's own, is not nearly as bad as other throwbacks that are in the game, honestly if DSII had very little to no references from DS1, that would actually be a really cool thing to add in the DLC.

Yeah, I'm actually digging a lot of call backs to the first game. It does have a 2 at the end. I would get it if it was called evil souls and it had this in it, but it's a direct sequel. You need a mixture of stuff and original things to make it work.

If you just slap a sequel to it without any connection to the past game and not following the same rules/lore, you'll get a Chrono Cross a game confused on what it wants to be.

Xiraiya

Yeah, I'm actually digging a lot of call backs to the first game. It does have a 2 at the end. I would get it if it was called evil souls and it had this in it, but it's a direct sequel. You need a mixture of stuff and original things to make it work.
If you just slap a sequel to it without any connection to the past game and not following the same rules/lore, you'll get a Chrono Cross a game confused on what it wants to be.
For Dark Souls I don't think it works, the sunlight altar really makes absolutely no sense and still pisses me off thinking about it. all geographically based throwbacks are the things that bother me, beings and items/equipment I guess can at least be explained.

Here's why.

Tomohiro Shibuya said:
I can't completely answer this question, but the two settings are connected, yes. However, I wouldn't say there's a direct connection as far as story is concerned. The game is set in a different part of the same planet -- to put it another way, if the first game was set in the North Pole, this one would be in the South Pole; that sort of contrast.

This is the one piece of info I never see people remembering.

360pages

For Dark Souls I don't think it works, the sunlight altar really makes absolutely no sense and still pisses me off thinking about it. all geographically based throwbacks are the things that bother me, beings and items/equipment I guess can at least be explained.

Here's why.

This is the one piece of info I never see people remembering.

If they wanted to keep the sunlight group in the game, they probably should have made it something new or change the statue I agree.

Xiraiya

If they wanted to keep the sunlight group in the game, they probably should have made it something new or change the statue I agree.
That quote also brings about an issue of Pat thinking the bottom of the Iron Keep is Izalith from long ago or something.

360pages

You know that the text speed is set to mid right? You should set it to fast.

Funny thing about pokemon Text Speed, In BW1/2 it's implied that N (One of the main characters of the game) Has a social issue that he talks really fast. (One of the rivals points it out,) his text always appears faster then everyone else's. To the point if you set it to fast it appears instantly.

It was a really nice touch for a game without voices.

The lack of knowledge is real.

If you really wanted to fail, you would have set the randomizer choose only basic pokemon as Starters.

Is that Pokemon Skarmory? It's impossible to remember this shit.

And I just set everything to random, I didn't pay full attention to what the random things were.

360pages

Making a sequel is pretty tough in that regard. If I did write a book series, I would probably have it star a new set of characters with the old ones making cameos or being side characters.

Is that Pokemon Skarmory? It's impossible to remember this shit.

And I just set everything to random, I didn't pay full attention to what the random things were.

It's a Skarmory. Well, it looked like one. I don't know Moemon.

Kyorge has literally broken your Nuzlocke. Most other legendaries are fine to start with. The just have enormous base stats, but their level up moves are terrible.

Not Kyorge. Drizzle is straight broke mode, and with Water Pulse, a pretty good STAB move, further amplified by the rain, nothing, and I mean nothing with be able to stand against you.

Remember to get that 100% Thunder. Kyorge also learns that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom