• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Just started watching The Evil Within playthrough and already I am jealous of the lack of letterboxing. Such a bad decision design wise.

No it's perfect, I heard the Pc version is borderline broken, so unless they patch the other versions to remove the box, it's either that or crashes.

360pages

Well, there is a certain thing about things and when creating anything. You should do it yourself and do something you want to do, but at the same time sometimes things should enter your head where you say. (Is this really a good idea?) This goes with the creation of any media.

Letterboxing is annoying on movies for me, it is down right baffling to have if in a game.

Well, there is a certain thing about things and when creating anything. You should do it yourself and do something you want to do, but at the same time sometimes things should enter your head where you say. (Is this really a good idea?) This goes with the creation of any media.

Letterboxing is annoying on movies for me, it is down right baffling to have if in a game.
It made some amount of sense with RE4 when it was first released on Gamecube because that game is supposed to be widescreen, and rather than squish the image to fit a 4:3 ratio, they just letterboxed it.

Here, it's just weird and kinda unnecessary. Weirdly, since I'm following both the Best Friends and Max's LPs of this game, seeing the opening segments of the game with and without doesn't actually make THAT big of a difference to me personally, but I see that the initial decision was still unnecessary.

Fuck, Bojack Horseman ep 7... who expects a cartoon about a talking horse to have this many feels? I know I said this already, but this show is really impressing me.

I feel a little bit claustrophobic when I play the Evil Within, and not in a bad way. It's kind of like a "wrong answer" to using the camera to peek around corners or turning the brightness up to see enemies.

Getting a DS4 to work on PC is one of the most frustrating things I've ever done.

I can get it working fine in the controller settings but it won't work for any games.

...you know what, screw getting a PS4, or an Xbone, or even a Vita or Playstation TV.

Come this Christmas, I'm going to buy myself an OG Xbox and both Otogi games. Because old games are cheaper than new games and there's still a ton of old shit I've yet to play.

360pages

Someone on the writing forum suggested that we make TVtrope pages for our stories...weird, but I guess it's better than no exposure at all.

Anyway, I might go through DMC3 again for the fun of it. I really love the sheer amount of content the special addition has

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Someone on the writing forum suggested that we make TVtrope pages for our stories...weird, but I guess it's better than no exposure at all.

Anyway, I might go through DMC3 again for the fun of it. I really love the sheer amount of content the special addition has
I guess its time to put all your lore in one place then.
why tv tropes?

got caught up on the last 2 episodes of Parasyte, Aaron you totally called it.
The way they handled showing the mother son bond in episode 4 or whatever was still shit. Migi fusing with MC is cool, I love seeing a story of someone having their humanity destroyed by their power, judging by his pure hatred and lust for vengeance right now, I could see it going that way, especially with how much they bring up what makes humans and animals different

croten

Yeah I'm going through it again as well. At mission 16 I think.

got caught up on the last 2 episodes of Parasyte, Aaron you totally called it.
The way they handled showing the mother son bond in episode 4 or whatever was still shit. Migi fusing with MC is cool, I love seeing a story of someone having their humanity destroyed by their power, judging by his pure hatred and lust for vengeance right now, I could see it going that way, especially with how much they bring up what makes humans and animals different

Yeah, the series still isn't amazing, but if it keeps going in some of these directions it can be pretty awesome.

Emouse

Hmm Halo 2 anniversary so far is not that impressive looking, CE anniversary looks almost better? the new cutscenes look great but they've made all the characters look way older which is weird

also Sergeant Johnson looks different and doesn't have his same signature moustache which is unacceptable

360pages

Ugh, they start with the weakest of platinum games of course. Seriously I rather have another episode of them playing the Storm games than the Korra game. (It's not a bad game, but I would put it below a lot of license games this gen just in terms of looks and play. I know it's a budget game, but I don't think it really needs more than a one shot)

Oberon

Banned
How is it already on page 104?
Anyway, today was a great day, not only at school, but I actually found it!

I found Volume 2 of Prison school! In French!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom