• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LiamTV calls out to you

You can play all your favorites on the big screen like "Life versus Hometown" "Purseowners 1-4" "Hunter game #147" and "Dangan's Roppa"

And if you enter the best friend code "super" you'll get 10% off your new Liam TV. "Thanks Sonyyyyy"

Ok, I'll stop shilling P2. I know plenty of people here don't care.

Its ok, much worse things have been shilled in this thread. Enjoy the game tho!

Squishy3

But I want to play Gravity rush too
that girl looks like a good waifu material
In additional, I like playing on handhelds, and having my own screen...
It's not really that good. And it was one of the main reasons I wanted a Vita.
Hell, nothing in that game can't be done with traditional controls, they just don't want to patch it to work with a traditional controller.

Shes not, gravity rush ain't much to shake a stick at. Aside from the great movement mechaincs there isn't much else.

Yeah I didn't really care for Gravity Rush either, since we all seem to be shitting on it. I love my vita and wouldn't get a liam TV to replace it but it is hard to argue against a half priced alternative that you can use a controller on.

joe2187

Banned
I really enjoyed Gravity Rush, Once you get the combat down it's not bad at all. It takes a bit to get used to, but I got the Platinum for it and all the trophies for the DLC.

Besides look at her in her costumes!

Grcostumes.png

croten

I couldn't for a while either. Mostly cause I quick saved by accident in a area where I got spotted an immediately and died. But I had to reinstall windows recently so everything got deleted so I might as well start over.

No I mean that it's so old that I can't stand how it plays at all.

I really enjoyed Gravity Rush, Once you get the combat down it's not bad at all. It takes a bit to get used to, but I got the Platinum for it and all the trophies for the DLC.

Grcostumes.png

That second costume..hmmm.
Maybe I should install this, is it an easy Platinum?

Grcostumes.png

Everything about it but the gameplay was great, especially the character designs.

The last one especially.

croten

Oh I see, for some reason old RPGs don't bother me that muh. Unless there turn based and then I can't stand them.

Really? Because turn based RPGs are the only genre I can stand because they've barely changed over the years. I played Chrono Trigger for the first time a few years ago and it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Really? Because turn based RPGs are the only genre I can stand because they've barely changed over the years. I played Chrono Trigger for the first time a few years ago and it's one of my favorite games of all time.

How good are the Chrono Trigger waifus? I like that cave woman's design but I know nothing about anyone else or any of their characters.

Yeah I was just going to say the same thing, turn based RPGs probably aged the best out of any genre to me

Oberon

Banned
It's not really that good. And it was one of the main reasons I wanted a Vita.
Hell, nothing in that game can't be done with traditional controls, they just don't want to patch it to work with a traditional controller.

From what I can tell you wouldn't be missing much with Gravity Rush

Shes not, gravity rush ain't much to shake a stick at. Aside from the great movement mechaincs there isn't much else.

Yeah I didn't really care for Gravity Rush either, since we all seem to be shitting on it. I love my vita and wouldn't get a liam TV to replace it but it is hard to argue against a half priced alternative that you can use a controller on.

It's not a good game. Just wonderful art design and soundtrack.

Like Remember Me.

To be honest, I have actually never seen any footage of the game, I am not even sure what genre it is, so it would be smart to buy a VitaT....V

Grcostumes.png

Well, no VitaTv for me!
I might get a good deal for a Vita around Christmas...

joe2187

Banned
That second costume..hmmm.
Maybe I should install this, is it an easy Platinum?

I got a Plat in one playthrough so yeah pretty easy.

The DLC missions are just racing/time trial/combat sections so it's more of the same but they're easy and simple.

I like the military outfit

7365617266_ed316a5227_c.jpeg

How good are the Chrono Trigger waifus? I like that cave woman's design but I know nothing about anyone else or any of their characters.
They're honestly pretty simple characters. Well written for what they are, but nothing crazy. They're drawn by Akira Toriyama in the menu art.

Chrono Trigger is totally worth playing. Did you skip the SBF playthrough? It really holds up in terms of the combat.

P4 will porbably remian the only turn based rpg I'll ever finish and I don't know why. I just find them so boring for some reason. I rather have the normal rpg were you just farm alot till your stats are so big that nothing damages you.

But to repeat myself a final time: Ryuko's revenge plot somewhat lessens/stops halfway, because it's a function of a bigger conflict that naturally changed as the character developed and strengthens her bond with others. It would be a poor sub-plot if it did not fade away over time.

I know it's early for you, so you don't have to reply. Just wanted to say what I had in mind.
Holy shit! somebody actually understands Ryuko's character other than me? Impossible!
I can't stop listening to KLK's soundtrack! Don't Lose your way and I want to know (among others) are so easy to listen to. Then you have more context-sensitive songs like Blumenkranz which are just fucking amazing.

斬LLLア生LL is the best song on the soundtrack. It's the instrumental version of don't lose your way.

croten

P4 will porbably remian the only turn based rpg I'll ever finish and I don't know why. I just find them so boring for some reason. I rather have the normal rpg were you just farm alot till your stats are so big that nothing damages you.

You never need to grind in Chrono Trigger. All the fights are scripted and as long as you never run from fights you'll always be a high enough level to fight most bosses. Plus you get so much items and money that it never really feels like a waste to use potions or elixirs

Chrono Trigger is a must-play. You gotta feel those double and triple techs. I played it on my iPhone and then later on my DS.

There's still that part of me that whenever someone says something is a must-see/play/whatever that makes me not want to engage with it at all. The same thing happened with Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon and Fate. I know they're good, I know I'll like them, but I just can't motivate myself to actually get into them.

Any word on whats tonight FNF vid is gonna be?

I really want it to be Ultimax, but I know it won't.

I would want to see them import that new Gundam "fighting" game.

I got a feeling it is Gundam since a few podcasts ago when Pat shilled for advanced warfare he said it played like a gundam game.

You never need to grind in Chrono Trigger. All the fights are scripted and as long as you never run from fights you'll always be a high enough level to fight most bosses. Plus you get so much items and money that it never really feels like a waste to use potions or elixirs
Ehh maybe, I can't say I won't end up being super biased towards it for being a turn based rpg. Also I gotta play dark souls soon, IF GFWL GETS PATCHED OUT.

croten

There's still that part of me that whenever someone says something is a must-see/play/whatever that makes me not want to engage with it at all. The same thing happened with Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon and Fate. I know they're good, I know I'll like them, but I just can't motivate myself to actually get into them.

Chrono Trigger is one of the most well made JRPGs of all time. Great plot, combat, writing. It's even got time travel. Fantastic game. There is not much it lacks in.

One of us will take over I guess, just like chaobraker took it from mormapope and PG took over from chaobreaker. Hell, I'll do it if no one else wants it.

yeah that chaobreaker guy sure is a cool.

Anyway, whoever volunteers should let me know so I can relegate some guidelines that I gave to PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom