• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pets dying of old age isn't that bad, but Liam's story is just sad. At least I hopefully have Dan Ryckert making fun of Jose Canseco selling the finger he shot off on eBaY on the bombcast.
As much as I should hate Canseco for being a fraudulent doucheknuckle, I can help but like the guy.

As much as I should hate Canseco for being a fraudulent doucheknuckle, I can help but like the guy.

I have another controversial opinion regarding that:

I think, assuming owning steroids weren't a federal crime, that professional sports should allow steroids in all leagues.

But, I don't think they should now because it's a crime to use or distribute them, and athletes should not be promoting illegal activities.

My dad and I get into it regarding the Steroid Era of baseball.

He won't forgive Barry Bonds but he'll forgive Pete Rose for gambling(especially when he was a coach)

Squishy3

I think, assuming owning steroids weren't a federal crime, that professional sports should allow steroids in all leagues.

But, I don't think they should now because it's a crime to use or distribute them, and athletes should not be promoting illegal activities.

And now athletes are just taking prescription drugs obtained through shady means. The DEA is launching an investigation in the NFL targeting specific teams.

Steroids are fucked though because people don't have the necessary judgement to take them properly. You can fuck your body up permanently with them.

If HGH wasn't illegal, I would be buying shiploads for D. Rose.

That's a fair way of putting it. If it wasn't illegal, I feel most sports league would eliminate the ban.

the Maison is inferior to the Battle Frontier in every way
youd understand if you played Emerald
man how did we go from BW/BW2 to this
who fucked up?
You did. You ruined it.
man now someone says npcs allude to it existing
i dont know what to believe anymore
one things for sure if they do that and dont include it in some way their huge assholes
You're an idiot if you don't think they took that game, slathered it in honey, and threw it into a big pile of content they had on the floor for just such an occasion. Look at HGSS or FRLG.

after i play OR i might go on a Pokemon bender
first Soul Silver,then Black and Black 2
because i heard BW and BW2 are the best in the series

BW is an incredible game because it does something pokemon hasn't done since gen 1.

Be unique.

BW2 goes back to usual pokemon formula but has a shit ton of content in it.

AWW SHIT 2/3 OF MY CLASSES WERE CANCELLED

ITr0GNh.gif

I swear to god, when that game finally gets a release date, I'm going to shove it in everyone's face.

Join me in the "game you were looking forward to but will never come out" boat.

thanks volvo

kewlmyc

after i play OR i might go on a Pokemon bender
first Soul Silver,then Black and Black 2
because i heard BW and BW2 are the best in the series

BW are my favorite games. Something's magical about going through a Pokemon game seeing nothing but new Pokemon (until you beat the E4).

Also it's one of the few Pokemon games to actually give a shit about the story. The story and characters were great.

4chan is blocked at work for obvious reasons. Care to summarize this?

Now that the embargo is kind of broken I guess it doesn't matter anymore if someone just spills the beans. I'm not saying I'm from press.

The game is pretty much the same as the original not counting some story inclusions like Latios and Latias and the Primal forms. About the postgame, now that's what have people more curious about: all new megas have been revealed, no battle frontier, no new region or something like that, of course no new pokémon, etc.

HOWEVER the game kind of hints that things aren't complete when you finish Episode Delta. Some people mention that there's been reports of Pokémon reacting to megastones, some people simply namedrops the Battle Frontier as "something that's coming very soon", some characters that don't appear are mentioned in dialogues like Juan and Jericho. This doesn't happen until you have done everything story related. The game does have new areas to explore, some islands that in the original were just rocks or inexplorable islands are now filled with things to do.

Pic here happens when you visit Wallace at night (he calls you to go see him), there's a meteor fall when you speak to him. He says Steven is gone and that he will be the new Champion from now on now that you (the player) is busy living adventures. But when you go to the League, you don't battle Steven so the story kind of feels incomplete there. Which leads me to think that there is some sort of DLC coming soon or that the games are getting another version later.
http://0.t.4cdn.org/vp/1416336682315s.jpg

I don't follow. Please explain?

Pokemon tradition. One rival -> very little plot -> meet evil villain team -> fighting gyms/rival/evil team rinse and repeat till elite 4/champion -> you win.

BW isn't like that. Its not very different, but for pokemon standards its a new formula. The final boss fights in that game are the some of, if not, the best battles in pokemon history.

And your rival is actually super cool/badass.

And that gym battle music is just <3333. But that whole soundtrack in general is just amazing. Its my favorite pokemon game for a reason. And it has loads of extra content

And now athletes are just taking prescription drugs obtained through shady means. The DEA is launching an investigation in the NFL targeting specific teams.

Steroids are fucked though because people don't have the necessary judgement to take them properly. You can fuck your body up permanently with them.

Considering that there are no substantial, peer-reviewed studies out there determining what performance enhancing substances are good and which are bad for the human body, we don't really know. It's unethical to study steroids, IIRC.

Frankly, any athlete good enough to be at the professional level should be able to take anything within legality that can prolong their career, but that's a controversial opinion I hold about professional sports and not collegiate level sports or HS sports. Those people are amateurs.

You can't inject a needle in yourself and become a world slugger in baseball either. I played HS baseball and the sport isn't as simple as that.

If HGH wasn't illegal, I would be buying shiploads for D. Rose.

That's a fair way of putting it. If it wasn't illegal, I feel most sports league would eliminate the ban.

In the NBA, one of the biggest global sports organizations in the world? Absolutely.

Hell, in the Tour de France, the best bikers in the world are all on something.

croten

He went away almost as quick as that game is going to

THe sad part is I just imagine you doing the same blank stare while holding in your anger saying"one day...one day"

I had to deal with these guys picking on me for so long ...my turn for revenge jk on all of that

No I mean Mara and Team ICO

360pages

BW2 has the best post game since HG/SS so I loved it.

That being said, the lack of Battle frointer makes me skipping the remakes far easier since I wasn't ever too fond of R/S and Emerald was only only 3rd gen game I liked outside of FireRed and Leafgreen.

BW2 has the best post game since HG/SS so I loved it.

That being said, the lack of Battle frointer makes me skipping the remakes far easier since I wasn't ever too fond of R/S and Emerald was only only 3rd gen game I liked outside of FireRed and Leafgreen.

You're going to buy it a week after it comes out just like all of the other naysayers.

I'm posing the podcast question to people here, has anyone almost stopped playing a game but ended up loving the game after sticking with it?

Best example for me is Tomb Raider Reboot, that QTE intro was really, really bad.
Well I'll probably never play the girl, I never have an interest in being a female character in games as I am not actually a female.

Does he have a Canon name like Yu?
Makoto Yuki or Minato Arisato.

FeMC is totally worth a shot though, it changes all the characters you interact with.

I'm posing the podcast question to people here, has anyone almost stopped playing a game but ended up loving the game after sticking with it?

Best example for me is Tomb Raider Reboot, that QTE intro was really, really bad.

Drakengard 1, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

Two of these games are in my top 10 for a reason.

I really like Tomb Raider 2013 too! The MP is a lot of fun to play mindlessly.

The most recent example I can think of was LoZ:Skyward Sword. I didn't LOVE the game, but after getting the motion controls 1:1, I fell in love with how cool it was to swing the sword, use the shield, and use the bow. I wish motion controls were used much better than they are currently used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom