• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

God damn it, why wasn't Beyond two souls just stupid spirit and stand battles?

So we have this character who has a connection to this spirit thing? How do we use it? I know lets have everything be awful, have 1/3 of the game be about military bullshit and only have a few cool moments.

It's like having a story about vampires and demons and not actually having any fights in it.

My new favorite gif

RWdscFM.gif

It's just one of those things that I immediately hated and can't properly articulate why. I've felt this way about pretty much every kid's movie I've seen in the last ten years, so I'm just gonna go with "I hate kid's movies."
Interesting...
Glanced at the Game Awards nominations, if Mario Kart 8 takes best racing game I will double down on my dead via split sides.
It's going to win, by default.

Unless they want to give Forza Horizon the next gen bump. Driveclub can't win, even though it's a great game, due to it's shit launch.

When's Project Cars coming out?

360pages

Is... Is that your only reason? They never explicitly explain the ice powers? But that's in no way the point or the focus of the movie.

To be fair they are the entire crux of the plot almost.

With that said, I don't mind them not being explained. Not everything in a story needs explanation and sometimes a lack of one can make it more fun.

To be fair they are the entire crux of the plot almost.

With that said, I don't mind them not being explained. Not everything in a story needs explanation and sometimes a lack of one can make it more fun.

Yeah, but the holes in Amigara fault were never explained either and that shit's still spooky. Suspend your goddamn disbelief, people. For shit's sake, you play Platinum games!

360pages

Yeah, but the holes in Amigara fault were never explained either and that shit's still spooky. Suspend your goddamn disbelief, people. For shit's sake, you play Platinum games!

Hey I'm agreeing with you, this focus on making everything super realistic and needing an explanation is a flaw in a lot of stories. Especially books. (Yes I can say bad things about books too) Where the most down to earth stories are told, and there really isn't enough craziness in the written media currently.

They're easy monsters to write into a story.

Especially since they have the most fleshed out lore and you can easily just pick and choose what you want. They're also the hottest ones, eternally young sexy people or feral beast people who run in the woods naked.

It's a little more difficult to make Swamp Thing sexy. Not impossible, mind you, just takes a little more work, work that those people aren't willing to put in.

Do you use gifcam?

Yeah. Though people have shown me how to do adding "Gif" to the url thing and I just like doing it this way more.

360pages

Especially since they have the most fleshed out lore and you can easily just pick and choose what you want. They're also the hottest ones, eternally young sexy people or feral beast people who run in the woods naked.

It's a little more difficult to make Swamp Thing sexy. Not impossible, mind you, just takes a little more work, work that those people aren't willing to put in.

Yeah. Though people have shown me how to do adding "Gif" to the url thing and I just like doing it this way more.

True, true, I don't mind if they are in a story, but make sure you get some other monsters in there too. Actually making a world full of all kinds of monsters could be super fun.

Hey I'm agreeing with you, this focus on making everything super realistic and needing an explanation is a flaw in a lot of stories. Especially books. (Yes I can say bad things about books too) Where the most down to earth stories are told, and there really isn't enough craziness in the written media currently.

No, not you. Him. I was using your post as a springboard.

Want to know something kinda weird?

If I am home alone and playing a game with zero VA like the an old SNES RPG, I like giving the charcters silly voices. It helps add some personality into the game.

I blame game grumps for getting me to do this

I did it! Got Jill's best ending in RE1!

Total time: 2 hours, 46 minutes (I beat the 3 hour mark, fuck yes!)
Only 8 saves this time as well.

What a fantastic fucking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom