• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

i ordered my copy of ippo from amiami (because they actually mention the preorder skins while nobody else does) but they don't tell you the shipping cost until it's ready to ship. it's usually $5-$10 for sal, depending if you choose registered or unregistered. with registered you get insurance and tracking while obviously not with unregistered

I have never played the first Resident Evil.

I will correct this when I get a Vita TV

QBjH0bEtlZheg.gif

I did it! Got Jill's best ending in RE1!

Total time: 2 hours, 46 minutes (I beat the 3 hour mark, fuck yes!)
Only 8 saves this time as well.

What a fantastic fucking game.

I love seeing people love the thing I love! Also, saving is for chumps, ditch that shit!

Xiraiya

So are those 3 eagles in Tartarus the first "boss" of the game? the night after the first experience in there I went back and got up to floor 5, nearly got wrecked by death on 4, that was really unnerving seeing that red Enemy dot start chasing you, but he found me in a room that had a little stair area thing and he went the long way around so I ran off up to the next floor before he could initiate battle.

Squishy3

So are those 3 eagles in Tartarus the first "boss" of the game? the night after the first experience in there I went back and got up to floor 5, nearly got wrecked by death on 4, that was really unnerving seeing that red Enemy dot start chasing you, but he found me in a room that had a little stair area thing and he went the long way around so I ran off up to the next floor.
yeah, there are minibosses in tartarus, typically, if you can beat all of those, you're set for the next full moon boss, you'll know you've beaten them all when you can progress no further in tartarus

Congraturations!

Have you played Chris' side? I only played his because I thought Jill's was easier.

I've had so many discussions about the difficulty and really, Chris' isn't harder, it's just less fun. Fewer inventory slots, fewer guns, more restricted path with keys. It's just a much more linear and rail roaded game, sure he moves a little faster and has more health, but that's a lame bonus.

Aaron I did not realize you are a Doctor Who fan.

10th Doctor is best Doctor and husbando

Big fan. Been catching up recently and only have one episode of Smith left. And yeah, Tennant is best doctor, but the way I usually break it up is that while he's the better doctor, Smith has way more legitimately great episodes, as where Tennant is a lot more cheesy sci-fi, which is what I personally want.

So are those 3 eagles in Tartarus the first "boss" of the game? the night after the first experience in there I went back and got up to floor 5, nearly got wrecked by death on 4, that was really unnerving seeing that red Enemy dot start chasing you, but he found me in a room that had a little stair area thing and he went the long way around so I ran off up to the next floor.
Yeah theyre called Tartarus guardians and you fight a different one every 10-30 floors. Theyre not story bosses but theyre harder than regular story bosses.

Squishy3

best new doctor is eccleston and he didn't get enough time as the doctor

I've had so many discussions about the difficulty and really, Chris' isn't harder, it's just less fun. Fewer inventory slots, fewer guns, more restricted path with keys. It's just a much more linear and rail roaded game, sure he moves a little faster and has more health, but that's a lame bonus.
sorry that chris isn't a master of unlocking

Congraturations!

Have you played Chris' side? I only played his because I thought Jill's was easier.
I played as Chris for my first run precisely because every other footage of RE1 I had seen was with Jill as the main character, so I wanted to see what was different.

I liked parts of his scenario a bit better, maybe because it felt like it was easier to get the best ending with him. And I loved the bits where the game kinda pokes fun at his intelligence with the Moonlight Sonata puzzle, plus not having any experience mixing chemicals. That made the Plant42 fight more interesting because it made it seem like guns wouldn't be enough to take it on at full strength, which Jill's campaign doesn't bother with and Barry just burns it to death.

Also, Barry is a great, hammy motherfucker, but I'm more fond of Rebecca Chambers as a support character. 'Cause she's a girl with short hair.

Also, Barry is a great, hammy motherfucker, but I'm more fond of Rebecca Chambers as a support character. 'Cause she's a girl with short hair.

Barry is a very big part of why I prefer Jill's, it's a shame she doesn't run into Rebecca, though.

Fun-Fact: the first fanfic I ever wrote was Jill X Rebecca. It was awesome.

Barry is a very big part of why I prefer Jill's, it's a shame she doesn't run into Rebecca, though.

Fun-Fact: the first fanfic I ever wrote was Jill X Rebecca. It was awesome.

So Aaron, when will we hear that you wrote a Chris x Wesker fanfic?

There are some thirsty/gay/bisexual female and men out there who need their husbandos represented in fanfics.

There's a market out there for that stuff.

So Aaron, when will we hear that you wrote a Chris x Wesker fanfic?
There are some thirsty/gay/bisexual female and men out there who need their husbandos represented in fanfics.
There's a market out there for that stuff.

I wrote a yaoi fanfic once and people told me never to do it again. It was a joke pairing in Naruto of Kiba and Haku. People hated everything about it.

Xiraiya

Yeah theyre called Tartarus guardians and you fight a different one every 10-30 floors. Theyre not story bosses but theyre harder than regular story bosses.

Oh okay that's good to know, well I'm still only on the 22nd of April, but I managed to deal with them, I wish there was a way to change who's turn it is whenever, because being able to use Yukari first would make that whole thing much easier.

Zenfalcia

Oh okay that's good to know, well I'm still only on the 22nd of April, but I managed to deal with them, I wish there was a way to change who's turn it is whenever, because being able to use Yukari first would make that whole thing much easier.

I'm assuming wind weakness? Just try to fuse a persona to have garu skills.

Oh, also when you get requests eventually, remember to do them for those rewards.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does the WiiU use the NNID as a handle? Or is it something different?

My NNID is GuardianE.

I'll probably get a WiiU during Black Friday. I already have Smash pre-ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom