• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

giphy.gif

No

I know this song not from this game. Don't ruin everything!
[/IMG]
Go play Crazy Taxi! Right Now!
I need to go check out more of their work. Their songs are really good.
No way man, Fukua is clearly better.
Only with the Decapre color she's tolerable.
Dammit. I thought of the wrong one.. yeah.. there's no official i beleive.. :/
Type Moon needs to respect their other IPs... I don't want it to be like Persona and SMT.
Edit: it says here it's only included with the first print edition of melty blood actress again.. if you want that version that is.http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00266QNZW/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I wish I bought that instead of the reprint version

360pages

Go play Crazy Taxi! Right Now!

I need to go check out more of their work. Their songs are really good.

Only with the Decapre color she's tolerable.

Type Moon needs to respect their other IPs... I don't want it to be like Persona and SMT.

Don't worry, we'll get a Super Fate Anime soon, while Tsukihime gets nothing.

(It's getting a remake...too bad no one knows when that's going to be)

I will coincided this though, Tsukihime has like five sequels while Fate/Stay night only has one and a prequel

360pages

Played some more MGR today. I beat mission 01 but damn do I have to work on my parrys. I feel like I can only land them 20% of the time,

I think Parrying in MGR is actually super easy, even counters are easier and just a little timing and you can beat the game.

Even on Very hard mode and Revengance the only hard mission is Mission 00.

360pages

On the note of action games. NGB is easily the hardest character action game on normal. Seriously, getting past the first mission is fucked, and compared to the second mission and the third.

On the note of action games. NGB is easier the hardest character action game on normal. Seriously, getting past the first mission is fucked, and compared to the second mission and the third.
...It's really not. Fucking Shinobi and DMC 1 gave me a way harder time than Ninja Gaiden when I played it for the first time since '06 earlier this year. To think me and a friend actually struggled with that shit back in the day.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
On the note of action games. NGB is easily the hardest character action game on normal. Seriously, getting past the first mission is fucked, and compared to the second mission and the third.

I don't think I agree. DMC3 (NA) Vanilla gave me a harder time.

Really? DMC1 is easy shit for me, even on hard mode the allowance of items and Devil trigger lowers a lot of tension.

Ninja Gaiden 1 on the other hand was woof, though I guess it really depends.

Ah, see. I never use items in DMC, but now that you mention it, I guess that makes things a lot easier.

360pages

...It's really not. Fucking Shinobi and DMC 1 gave me a way harder time than Ninja Gaiden when I played it for the first time since '06 earlier this year. To think me and a friend actually struggled with that shit back in the day.

Really? DMC1 is easy shit for me, even on hard mode the allowance of items and Devil trigger lowers a lot of tension.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Played some more MGR today. I beat mission 01 but damn do I have to work on my parrys. I feel like I can only land them 20% of the time,

Some tips:
  • A Parry is performed by TAPPING towards the enemy + light attack during the startup and active frames of an enemy's attack. Do not hold directions. Do start from neutral.
  • You must Parry in the direction of the enemy, not necessarily the direction of the attack.
  • You must press toward + light attack for EVERY hit. This means, if a move strikes Raiden three times, you must press towards + light three times, timed for each hit.
  • The Parry is simply a regular block if not timed perfectly. If you time the Parry with the very moment that Raiden will get struck, you'll get a Perfect Parry. Timing is less generous on the harder difficulties.
  • A Perfect Parry will result in a powerful auto-counter slash by Raiden that will typically stun enemies, setting them up for Zandatsu. While you're learning the timing of the Perfect Parries, the general rule of thumb is to attempt Parry earlier rather than later. If you make a mistake, you'll still get the block.
  • You can cancel almost any light attack into the Parry.
  • You can cancel a Parry with Defensive Offense.
  • Aerial Perfect Parries (must be bought in the shop) will hit enemies that otherwise dodge the the grounded Perfect Parry counterattack (such as Geckos).
Always try to parry earlier than later. If you mistime a parry, at least you'll get a block instead of a perfect parry.

For DMC 1, it's just something with how that game controls compared to later action games that throws me off and makes it difficult for me. Even with various cancels and other techniques, I feel like I have to be more deliberate with my actions and it's harder to react to threats the moment they're about to hit.

Shinobi meanwhile is just fuck hard for the fact that you're on a time limit with your health being drained as the penalty, and you need to perfectly grasp all that game's mechanics and nuances to get through it.

Ninja Gaiden however, since efficiency is a key part of that combat, that game is easy to meet its combat pacing and use your most effective moves to deal with enemies (guillotine throw, flying swallows, izuna drop, counter attacks, etc), and even before you get some of those abilities the basic moveset is more than enough. It definitely felt easier to deal with, especially with other action games for experience beforehand.

I haven't lurked here the entire day. That's a first.

So as I stew in heartbreak that a non sports fan can never understand, I ask a simple question: What's up?

360pages

For DMC 1, it's just something with how that game controls compared to later action games that throws me off and makes it difficult for me. Even with various cancels and other techniques, I feel like I have to be more deliberate with my actions and it's harder to react to threats the moment they're about to hit.

Shinobi meanwhile is just fuck hard for the fact that you're on a time limit with your health being drained as the penalty, and you need to perfectly grasp all that game's mechanics and nuances to get through it.

Ninja Gaiden however, since efficiency is a key part of that combat, that game is easy to meet its combat pacing and use your most effective moves to deal with enemies (guillotine throw, flying swallows, izuna drop, counter attacks, etc), and even before you get some of those abilities the basic moveset is more than enough. It definitely felt easier to deal with, especially with other action games for experience beforehand.

Well, I haven't played Ninja Gaiden 1 since I was like nine.

Still I might get sigma 1, since it's really the only Ninja Gaiden game I haven't played for a while.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's edge is unbalanced as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom