• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

With all this black friday bundle talk and ACU shitting the bed threads, I'm having second thoughts my impulse purchase of the xbone ACU+AC4 bundle I did the other day. Though I'm in a country were black friday isn't particularly a thing, i'm still a lil sad.

With all this black friday bundle talk and ACU shitting the bed threads, I'm having second thoughts my impulse purchase of the xbone ACU+AC4 bundle I did the other day. Though I'm in a country were black friday isn't particularly a thing, i'm still a lil sad.

You could buy the bundle and sell both games.

AC4 is supposed to be a solid game, you at least have that guarenteed.

You can always sell the games. Unless they're digital.

Regretting an impulse buy is the worst, tho.

Zenfalcia

I sense weirdness approaching.

Why? Because of what happened an hour and a half ago?

I honestly wouldn't mind buying a gaming laptop on black friday too.

I was thinking about grabbing the Razer laptop, but storage on it is really really limited (although I could always just change out the hard drive :3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVFVxfCFTrI

Anyone else have anything better than that for the price?

Check online, there might be some nice sales on new egg for US and ncix for Canada. I'm not sure for other countries, but you can probably find one.

Don't buy a laptop for gaming, it's not worth it

I agree, it's not. Better to make a desktop and have a laptop than can do normal stuff and game as a side benefit.

Zenfalcia

I game on a laptop. It's really not a problem at all.

On a gaming laptop and which games?
I play on a laptop too.. I have a desktop, which i sometimes use, but use the laptop since everything is on here.

What did I miss back then? And no, some guy I know got GAF approved finally, his took way longer than Beloved and I, so he'll probably appear soon in here.

Oh.. ok.. Don't ask about it.. or go look back, it's not worth it. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
On a gaming laptop and which games?
I play on a laptop too.. I have a desktop, which i sometimes use, but use the laptop since everything is on here.

An HP Pavilion. I can't max current stuff, but my computer can still run things like The Witcher 2. I regularly play fighters and games like RE6.

Though I'd never buy an HP again. They're just not really put together all that well.

The nice thing about PC gaming is that I can eventually upgrade and be able to max my collection for pretty cheap. I've had my current laptop for around 4 years now.

Zenfalcia

An HP Pavilion. I can't max current stuff, but my computer can still run things like The Witcher 2. I regularly play fighters and games like RE6.

Though I'd never buy an HP again. They're just not really put together all that well.

The nice thing about PC gaming is that I can eventually upgrade and be able to max my collection for pretty cheap. I've had my current laptop for around 4 years now.

Hm.. ok.. I find it annoying i can't upgrade my laptop by swapping out parts like a PC. Maybe some day.

The latter.

Must be some really bad early subs someone grabbed when it popped up.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hm.. ok.. I find it annoying i can't upgrade my laptop by swapping out parts like a PC. Maybe some day.

It's way less efficient or cost-effective than a desktop, but the added utility comes in the form of mobility. If that's not important to you, then you should probably just stick to a desktop.

Squishy3

I should probably look into that. I also probably shouldn't buy an XBone, PS4, and WiiU on Black Friday.
Yeah that game is legit as hell. I kinda burned out on it but I'm sure I'll go back to it. Traversal is so good in that game. It's basically like if JSRF was a Devil May Cry game. There's a style meter and everything and you unlock different bonuses to specific things the higher your style meter is.

I honestly wouldn't mind buying a gaming laptop on black friday too.

I was thinking about grabbing the Razer laptop, but storage on it is really really limited (although I could always just change out the hard drive :3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVFVxfCFTrI

Anyone else have anything better than that for the price?

Do you really need a screen that's 3200x1800 resolution and IPS? I'd say that a 1080p screen is good enough and the IPS is a waste of money if other people aren't looking at your screen.
Non IPS screens are pretty useful when your looking at lewd stuff.

Zenfalcia

It's way less efficient or cost-effective than a desktop, but the added utility comes in the form of mobility. If that's not important to you, then you should probably just stick to a desktop.

The mobility is really nice. I've travelled a few times and was glad i had a laptop that could game at a competent level.

Desk top is really the way to go. I need the finishing touches on mine. Some new ram and an ssd will make it perfect.

Okingjrr

Not really.
Perfect!
jk

Yeah that game is legit as hell. I kinda burned out on it but I'm sure I'll go back to it. Traversal is so good in that game. It's basically like if JSRF was a Devil May Cry game. There's a style meter and everything and you unlock different bonuses to specific things the higher your style meter is.
I need another game like JSRF in my life. I'll check it out then.

Do the guys mention it on this week's podcast?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man, gaming laptop always struck me as a bit of a contradiction.

It's only an issue if you absolutely must be able to max your settings. The more I've been gaming, the less and less I care about graphical fidelity. I still care, but not nearly as much.

Sounds interesting. I realize that I've read and watched pretty much nothing about the game since the reveal.

Gaming laptops are an expensive, but still a nice, niche product. You're paying roughly double for the same quality of parts, but that's just the tradeoff.

I've realized lately a laptop is one of the few ways I can game consistently along with handhelds, even though I have a mid range desktop.

It was, when the discrete GPU market was complete garbage. Now, its not.
I know for a fact my laptop can't run shit. It's working on integrated power.
Even Integrated has gotten a ton better in recent years. The fact I can play Dark Souls 2 on medium at 60 with an AMD A10 feels ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom