• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Gaming laptops are an expensive, but still a nice, niche product. You're paying roughly double for the same quality of parts, but that's just the tradeoff.

I've realized lately a laptop is one of the few ways I can game consistently along with handhelds, even though I have a mid range desktop.

It's also so bulky.. it ruins the whole point of the portability. Also paying for brand names too.

I'm in a similar situation. It's not great.

Squishy3

Perfect!
jk

I need another game like JSRF in my life. I'll check it out then.

Do the guys mention it on this week's podcast?
No clue, but I think Matt is the only one really playing it. It's not straight up JSRF, as obviously it has shooting and whatnot, but the traversal is god tier. It just sucks that some of the later abilities aren't unlocked until later in the game. I think I have all of them now, the stuff you unlock through story missions is: water dash, air dash, and then you can ground pound the ground and get a free bounce that way. Dunno if there's any others after that. Then you have grinding, regular bounces, wall running, swinging off poles, and I think that covers all the various traversal mechanics.

The best part is the game does nothing to explain why your character is seemingly a god and just rolls with it.

Even Integrated has gotten a ton better in recent years. The fact I can play Dark Souls 2 on medium at 60 with an AMD A10 feels ridiculous.

Whoa, that's actually pretty cool.

While I'm sure an i3 can't run jack, it's nice to see the lower end machines can still get some games. Now I'm a lot more confident on installing games to the laptop.

Okingjrr

No clue, but I think Matt is the only one really playing it. It's not straight up JSRF, as obviously it has shooting and whatnot, but the traversal is god tier. It just sucks that some of the later abilities aren't unlocked until later in the game. I think I have all of them now, the stuff you unlock through story missions is: water dash, air dash, and then you can ground pound the ground and get a free bounce that way. Dunno if there's any others after that. Then you have grinding, regular bounces, wall running, swinging off poles, and I think that covers all the various traversal mechanics.

The best part is the game does nothing to explain why your character is seemingly a god and just rolls with it.

I love that. Not bothering explaining why they can implement crazy shit is the best way to make a fun game.

Squishy3

ubi pls continues

AUAJPbx.png

M7UVR8p.png

ErPZxot.png

wvusYCF.jpg

I love this Ubi shitstorm so much. Can't wait until Totalbiscuit makes a video on it.

Does anyone have a picture of Pat's computer setup? This seems incredibly stupid, especially since it keeps coming up every week almost for a while.

Zenfalcia

I love this Ubi shitstorm so much. Can't wait until Totalbiscuit makes a video on it.

Does anyone have a picture of Pat's computer setup? This seems incredibly stupid, especially since it keeps coming up every week almost for a while.

It's become almost a regular topic and been hilarious.

I dont know if he ever posted his setup. I might be wrong, but i dont remember there being any.

And shit, my Vita charger is jut fucking gone. Nowhere to be found anywhere in my apartment.

What a sarcastically great start to a really shitty day.

It has been known for years that Ubisoft does not give a shit about their consumers, and as long as people keep lapping that shit up, they won't change.

Holy shit approval after two months. Just about when I was ready to give up completely.

I sense weirdness approaching.

You'd think so, but I assure you that yo- eh who am I kidding.

I am sooooo glad I gave up on Ubi with AC: Brotherhood. I got out early with the shitty PC port that got delayed five months.

Took me a few seconds to actually see what I was supposed to be seeing. I was expecting something like texture pop ins. I got much worse.

So we can actually talk about the Super Best Friends. :v

Isn't that what this here topic is for? :x

Ubisoft has been doing this shit for fucking years now and no one talks about it ever. The internet better have a fucking field day with this shit.

look at this fucking shit

The last AC game I was hyped for was AC3. Bought DLC too.

Day 1 was broken, Week 1 had huge framerate issues and inconsistencies, and Month 1 I grew bored of the fucking thing.

Thanks Ubisoft Montreal! You fucked up telling an interesting story about the American Revolution and managed to bore the shit out of me.

The Tyranny stuff too made me sick. Couldn't play it without getting dizzy.

Xiraiya

So we can actually talk about the Super Best Friends. :v

We have this thread for that, but most people don't use it for SBF so we got moved. I don't know what the whole story is but just from a glance I know that Giant Bomb is a huge site with different areas and functions and divided communities, their Podcast has been going since 2008 and feasibly has it's own community onto it's self.

Super Best Friends have a site for their videos and Podcast, most people listen to both, it's all more or less one big thing.

A separate thread for SBF podcast is completely pointless right now, if you guys want a thread to talk about Super Best Friends, nothing is stopping you since you have it already, personally I wish this thread was used more for what it's actually about.

It's that simple.

Holy shit approval after two months. Just about when I was ready to give up completely.

You'd think so, but I assure you that yo- eh who am I kidding.

Took me a few seconds to actually see what I was supposed to be seeing. I was expecting something like texture pop ins. I got much worse.

Isn't that what this here topic is for? :x

WELCOME FRIENDER!

YOU'RE HERE FOREVER!

I THINK?

You wanna know the worst part about all of this? This game is gonna sell well. Its not gonna be like colonial marines were the game bombs because its fucking terrible.

We have this thread for that, but most people don't use it for SBF so we got moved. I don't know what the whole story is but just from a glance I know that Giant Bomb is a huge site with different areas and functions and divided communities, their Podcast has been going since 2008 and feasibly has it's own community onto it's self.

Super Best Friends have a site for their videos and Podcast, most people listen to both, it's all more or less one big thing.

A separate thread for SBF podcast is completely pointless right now, if you guys want a thread to talk about Super Best Friends, nothing is stopping you, personally I wish this thread was used more for what it's actually about.

It's that simple.

It was a joke. You're right, though.

Duplolas

Banned
Do you really need a screen that's 3200x1800 resolution and IPS? I'd say that a 1080p screen is good enough and the IPS is a waste of money if other people aren't looking at your screen.
Non IPS screens are pretty useful when your looking at lewd stuff.

Well. What is comes down to is that I already have a really great gaming desktop setup. The only things I can upgrade right now is the video card (which is only a year old) and a new solid state hard drive, but I am too lazy to move all of my shit over to a new hard drive.

Now that I have a pretty good supply of income from my job on campus and my other job that I do on the side
;)
which makes quite a bit more, I have lots of money to spend. I figured going portable would be the next step in stuff for me to buy that is legal.
;)

I might just end up buying an Occulus rift...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
With all the negativity, offloading the Assassin's Creed digital codes from that XBone bundle might be a little more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom