• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
A separate thread for SBF podcast is completely pointless right now, if you guys want a thread to talk about Super Best Friends, nothing is stopping you since you have it already, personally I wish this thread was used more for what it's actually about.

It's that simple.
Yup, it's just a bit sad that some people are dedicated to posting their own interests in here. I don't really mind when the topic builds off of videogames in general or something the SBF says, but it's just a bit off-putting to any potential newcomers.

This isn't a big deal though. If anybody comes in to ask about the SBF, and when they do stuff, we drop the topic and answer them/talk about them, so it's fine, I suppose.

I'm not trying to start a thing with this, by the way. I'm just saying.

Xiraiya

Yup, it's just a bit sad that some people are dedicated to posting their own interests in here. I don't really mind when the topic builds off of videogames in general or something the SBF says, but it's just a bit off-putting to any potential newcomers.
This isn't a big deal though. If anybody comes in to ask about the SBF, and when they do stuff, we drop the topic and answer them/talk about them, so it's fine, I suppose.

Yeah, I tend to disappear when the thread gets to a point of a whole bunch of discussions about anime etc. that seem kind of contrary to anything the SBF would ever have anything to do with ironically or otherwise.

I just lose interest.

Zenfalcia

U wuna fite m8?

nah, i'm joking. If we were on topic all the time it wouldn't be as fun and we'd be like the game grumps thread. There's not enough content each day to have a only sbf conversation.

Yeah, I tend to disappear when the thread gets to a point of a whole bunch of discussions about anime etc. that seem kind of contrary to anything the SBF would ever have anything to do with ironically or otherwise.

I just lose interest.

Liam is the link to all the anime discussions because he had the gall to namedrop Free!, even as a joke

I just lose interest.
Despite my complaints, I do actually love our community, and I really enjoy spending time shooting the shit with you guys, I just wish we didn't have to overshadow any of the SBF content with our other activity to hang out.

Even if we stay the same, I'm still sticking around here. We ride together, we die together.
U wuna fite m8?

nah, i'm joking. If we were on topic all the time it wouldn't be as fun and we'd be like the game grumps thread. There's not enough content each day to have a only sbf conversation.
OT2 was probably the best balance of on and off topic.

Duplolas

Banned
Moderation checks all applicants out manually.

But what do they look for really?

I understand you only want a limited number of members on a forum to keep topics tight and fit, but is there really a way to determine who is going to be a "better member" when you have a limit for who you can accept and the only info you have on the person is a name?

U wuna fite m8?

That doesn't mean that the off topic talk should overshadow the on topic talk. This should be a SBF thread first and an off-topic thread second. Instead it's the opposite.

Jman014

Ubisoft has been doing this shit for fucking years now and no one talks about it ever. The internet better have a fucking field day with this shit.

giphy.gif

look at this fucking shit

Reminds me of the character and car pop-in stuff from Saints Row.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
But what do they look for really?

I understand you only want a limited number of members on a forum to keep topics tight and fit, but is there really a way to determine who is going to be a "better member" when you have a limit for who you can accept and the only info you have on the person is a name?

I frankly think it's just a way to weed out chaff.

It someone actually has something worthwhile to contribute or say, then they'd be willing to wait through an approval process to say it. If not, then they'll move on.

They also check for duplicate accounts.

Stupid last page post bullshit

I just lose interest.
Despite my complaints, I do actually love our community, and I really enjoy spending time shooting the shit with you guys, I just wish we didn't have to overshadow any of the SBF content with our other activity to hang out.

Even if we stay the same, I'm still sticking around here. We ride together, we die together.
U wuna fite m8?

OT2 was probably the best balance of on and off topic.

croten

That doesn't mean that the off topic talk should overshadow the on topic talk. This should be a SBF thread first and an off-topic thread second. Instead it's the opposite.

Well there is only so much to talk about the SBF and we talk about them when a new video goes up or someone mentions them

Zenfalcia

That's true. Many times videos are posted and then there's 50 or so posts about it. Although not everyone watches videos immediately.

How about in the threads on the forum that are actually about those things?
Oh, I'm not really trying to bitch about it. My apologies. Like we said, we really need to use an IRC or steam chat.

I was only disappointed by that decision because I was originally told I was allowed to make the thread.

joe2187

Banned
Listening to the podcast right now.
Has anyone seen John Wick? I might go see it, how is it?

My girlfriend loved, I feel asleep during the action scenes.

Its a weird movie to me. Everybody else loved it, I felt it was really poor. Keanu's motivations were basically "You killed my dog, now everybody is going to die"

I've seen plenty of threads go off topic when nothing's happening. NFLGAF talk about video games and other stuff when there aren't any games on, I don't see why we have to stay on topic 24-7 when there isn't any new content uploaded.

And I can't even watch a majority of new zaibatsu videos since they keep playing new games that I still have to finish.

360pages

I mostly talk about Anime here because I don't care much for the Anime thread and usually just post Manga and Lightnovel stuff in the Manga thread.

Also I talk about recent games on here too, since they are still a gaming channel.

I've seen plenty of threads go off topic when nothing's happening. NFLGAF talk about video games and other stuff when there aren't any games on, I don't see why we have to stay on topic 24-7 when there isn't any new content uploaded.

And I can't even watch a majority of new zaibatsu videos since they keep playing new games that I still have to finish.

No one is saying we have to stay on topic 24-7. Only that on topic talk should be equal or greater than the off topic talk.

kewlmyc

I can understand why people are bitching about the thread being off-topic. How much of the last thread was actually about SBF and not random stuff?

Anyway, reposting:

Does anyone have a link to the Asian Ironman .gif that Woolie mentions in the podcast?

Took me like 3 or 4 months to get verified.

You'd think so wouldn't you?

Mine took 6 or 7 months. That's why my account is two years old but still a junior, it was so long I forgot about it for a while.

People could just refrain from posting and use the IRC or Steam chat for actual chat functions.

Isn't the whole reason for this being in Community that we can talk about more or less anything?

I mostly talk about Anime here because I don't care much for the Anime thread and usually just post Manga and Lightnovel stuff in the Manga thread.

Also I talk about recent games on here too, since they are still a gaming channel.

This too^ I've tried going to animeGAF, but their interests really aren't the same as mine like other people here's are. I'd probably come here first for new anime/show recommendations before going there. Ofc no offense to animeGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom