• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man I just realized that it's starting to get to that time of the current gen that last gen becomes ultra cheap. Maybe I'll actually pick up a PS3 at some point.

Then again I can't really think of anything I terribly want to play on PS3. TLoU I'd rather play at 60 fps.

Zenfalcia

Cosby. Please enjoy cinematic blighttown if you get the ps3 version.

YOOOOO SHIT, they'd lose it

Sure. 30 fps cinematic?

I'd message them it, so i guess i'll try the facebook.

FTFY, that's a pretty rad house.

I guess. :p But no aliens/predator talk have been on the podcast/channel for a while.

One, that is a radical house. Two, only go consoles if you have to. Dark Souls especially.

Yeah, it is. Ah, ok then. I was thinking i'm getting demon souls eventually, so why not the other souls games, since the pc ports aren't great. On the other hand you can fix the pc ports and make them playable and look nicer.

Yooo, that second to last picture. That room is fucking sick.

Yeah, it's a pretty cool looking house.

edit: someone already posted on the facebook page. Meh.

Yeah, it is. Ah, ok then. I was thinking i'm getting demon souls eventually, so why not the other souls games, since the pc ports aren't great. On the other hand you can fix the pc ports and make them playable and look nicer.

Even without DSfix, Dark Souls PC is still better than the PS3 version.

Demon's Souls is great though. It's rough as hell, but it's a great game.

Zenfalcia

Even without DSfix, Dark Souls PC is still better than the PS3 version.

Demon's Souls is great though. It's rough as hell, but it's a great game.

Really? Hmm.. Ok. Gonna look forward to winter sales.

Speaking of which, off topic again, but what does volvo(aka valve) have up their sleeves this time? Another team battle/competition?

You need a controller though, playing through those games with kbam is hell on earth.
If you have a console, you have a controller. And if you don't have a console, controllers are a dime a dozen. This isn't the old days before the USB revolution.
Really? Hmm.. Ok. Gonna look forward to winter sales.

Speaking of which, off topic again, but what does volvo have up their sleeves this time? Another team battle/competition?

Volvo, the car company?

demidar

If you have a console, you have a controller. And if you don't have a console, controllers are a dime a dozen. This isn't the old days before the USB revolution.

Don't you have to buy a dongle to connect to a desktop (I think most laptops have some Bluetooth capability so you can connect that way). I use a wired 360 pad so I've never had to think about this stuff.

Actually, can you use the mini-USB cable for a PS3 controller to connect to a PC? I thought it only provided power.

Don't you have to buy a dongle to connect to a desktop (I think most laptops have some Bluetooth capability so you can connect that way). I use a wired 360 pad so I've never had to think about this stuff.

Actually, can you use the mini-USB cable for a PS3 controller to connect to a PC? I thought it only provided power.

You need unofficial drivers for Sony and Nintendo controllers, because whatever. Microsoft has official drivers for wired and wireless, but the wireless needs a $100 dollar dongle, because fuck you, give us money. To get around that bullshit, you can use an unofficial driver.

Logitech still makes PC pads, but they aren't great. They are better than nothing, though.

Fuck Motionjoy.

Zenfalcia

You need unofficial drivers for Sony and Nintendo controllers, because whatever. Microsoft has official drivers for wired and wireless, but the wireless needs a $100 dollar dongle, because fuck you, give us money. To get around that bullshit, you can use an unofficial driver.

Logitech still makes PC pads, but they aren't great. They are better than nothing, though.

Fuck Motionjoy.

I hate that you can't use a plug and play cord to connect a wireless to a pc.. Damn microsoft, making me need a $100 propriety crap.

There's some 3rd party ones that are usable.. i have one, since it was cheap. it's usable.

What's wrong with motionjoy? Besides some new about it being malware?

demidar

Before I forget, I don't know if you got/read my reply to my pm, but sorry about your internet.

Don't worry, I got it. It's not that bad, I have a reasonably high quota.

Fuck Motionjoy.

Yeah I don't know why anyone would buy a wireless dongle for $100 when they can just pick up a wired controller for $40, unless they had a stream to TV setup so they in which case they probably have lots of money anyway.

I've heard some bad things about MotionInJoy. I've used Joy2Key though (for Binding of Isaac) and that seemed to work fine.

I hate that you can't use a plug and play cord to connect a wireless to a pc.. Damn microsoft, making me need a $100 propriety crap.

There's some 3rd party ones that are usable.. i have one, since it was cheap. it's usable.

What's wrong with motionjoy? Besides some new about it being malware?

Doesn't work, fucks with USB compatibility, and is malware.

It took me hours to install a new mouse on my laptop, because of Motionjoy. Shit was not fun.

Yeah, I was crushed with the plug and play didn't work. I got me a Logitech pad, that worked fine, until it died, and I got myself a wired 360 pad.

Zenfalcia

Don't worry, I got it. It's not that bad, I have a reasonably high quota.

What's reasonably high in Australia?

Doesn't work, fucks with USB compatibility, and is malware.

It took me hours to install a new mouse on my laptop, because of Motionjoy. Shit was not fun.

Yeah, I was crushed with the plug and play didn't work. I got me a Logitech pad, that worked fine, until it died, and I got myself a wired 360 pad.

Yeah, it took me a while to figure that out. It pissed me off.

Really? I didn't have a problem due to it, i also download a lot of other stuff like freeware programs. Damn Saveemass and other dumb ads programs.

Y-you guys really move fast. I finished SMTIV, it was okay.

[Too Many Cooks]

I've decided my standard power is Too Many Cooks. Its ability is to make life seem like a really long 80s American sitcom intro.

demidar

What's reasonably high in Australia?

200 GB about (I don't know about data caps in the rest of the world). Mine's 250 GB because my ISP actually cares about its customers, which is quite shocking. However that's mostly unrelated to speed which can vary a lot. I have a pathetic 4MB/s which is just enough to say... watch a Giant Bomb video at 720 without buffering. Some of my friends have really fast internet but shit cap (100 GB), others have unlimited quota but shit speed during peak traffic. It's all abysmal, and the one hope for a good internet future was snuffed out by the newly elected cunts in office.

[Too Many Cooks]

I've decided my standard power is Too Many Cooks. Its ability is to make life seem like a really long 80s American sitcom intro.

Did you get the true end?

Zenfalcia

[Too Many Cooks]

Yeah, 3500 posts in less than 3 days is crazy.

200 GB about (I don't know about data caps in the rest of the world). Mine's 250 GB because my ISP actually cares about its customers, which is quite shocking. However that's mostly unrelated to speed which can vary a lot. I have a pathetic 4MB/s which is just enough to say... watch a Giant Bomb video at 720 without buffering. Some of my friends have really fast internet but shit cap (100 GB), others have unlimited quota but shit speed during peak traffic. It's all abysmal, and the one hope for a good internet future was snuffed out by the newly elected cunts in office.

4MB/sec? Damn, that's better than mine. 3MB/sec or do you mean 4mb with lower case m and b becuasr that makes a huge difference. I have a friend who gets 1mb i think? I wish i remembered where in australia he lived.

Edit: i dont know what his actual download speeds is.

I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles for the first time on PC and am pleasantly surprised that there are Skies of Arcadia characters in this game.

Fucking power was out all of yesterday, didn't even get the chance to start up VC on steam. Only one video today? They have spoiled me with their 2 videos a day.

11 pages is a little much to catch up on, even for me. Did we ever resolve the off topic discussion we had earlier or did I miss anything else?

demidar

Fucking power was out all of yesterday, didn't even get the chance to start up VC on steam. Only one video today? They have spoiled me with their 2 videos a day.

11 pages is a little much to catch up on, even for me. Did we ever resolve the off topic discussion we had earlier or did I miss anything else?

Wouldn't know, I was full-time busy for the last 4 days and I've only just caught some free time.

I guess we just continue on as normal with a bit more on-topic talk.

Rizzi

Forza Horizon 2 is pretty decent. I'm not huge on racing games most of the time too, which is weird. It even recorded a cool thing.
Totally want people on my friends list to race against their dumb driveatar thing or whatever.

Wouldn't know, I was full-time busy for the last 4 days and I've only just caught some free time.

Yeah that's probably a good idea, I love the discussions here no matter the subject.

You are in Australia right? Do you use steam and if so have they switched to the Australian dollar? I'm curious if it effected the over all price of games for you guys

Zenfalcia

Yeah. Pat mentioned something about a technical problem i believe.

11 is a lot. We talked more about it and were on topic most of the time in 11 pages(100pp). It was mostly due to too many cooks, and tangentially related stuff about video games etc. Other lpers were talked about and tales games. Some off topic conversations were talking about depression, and how one friender said depression was just being sad and people should get over it. He later apologized. That conversation then went into seriousgaf. People talked about some of their personal problems and personality irl. Small persona waifu war, and pokemon ruby vs saphire war pver which team is better. ORAS footage was leaked with some screen shots. Lewd police is now corrupt.

Sonic boom and ac unity talk about them being terrible. Conversation about how everyone learned to love SBF started by a new person who knows beloved and x-something sorry i dont remember his name :/. Short conversation about feminine males and breasts in darksouls. That was about gwynd- or whatever his name is.

That was the gist of it, but we've been blowing through pages/posts.

personal note: I thought i had later classes today, turns out i dont. So 1 hour nap it is.

demidar

Yeah that's probably a good idea, I love the discussions here no matter the subject.

You are in Australia right? Do you use steam and if so have they switched to the Australian dollar? I'm curious if it effected the over all price of games for you guys

Steam has always been USD here, but we might be paying more. Beyond Earth costs $90 USD, is that the same as in your store?

Yeah. Pat mentioned something about a technical problem i believe.

11 is a lot. We talked more about it and were on topic most of the time in 11 pages(100pp). It was mostly due to too many cooks, and tangentially related stuff about video games etc. Other lpers were talked about and tales games. Some off topic conversations were talking about depression, and how one friender said depression was just being sad and people should get over it. He later apologized. That conversation then went into seriousgaf. People talked about some of their personal problems and personality irl. Small persona waifu war, and pokemon ruby vs saphire war pver which team is better. ORAS footage was leaked with some screen shots. Lewd police is now corrupt.

Sonic boom and ac unity talk about them being terrible. Conversation about how everyone learned to love SBF started by a new person who knows beloved and x-something sorry i dont remember his name :/. Short conversation about feminine males and breasts in darksouls. That was about gwynd- or whatever his name is.

That was the gist of it, but we've been blowing through pages/posts.

personal note: I thought i had later classes today, turns out i dont. So 1 hour nap it is.
Ah thanks for the run down, it is good we were able to be educate someone on depression. I don't blame them for being uninformed, it and mental disorders in general are rarely talked about and do not get the attention they need
I'll probably find those pages later and read them
Steam has always been USD here, but we might be paying more. Beyond Earth costs $90 USD, is that the same as in your store?
Here it is 49.99CDN so they must convert up for you guys. Interesting

Zenfalcia

Ah thanks for the run down, it is good we were able to be educate someone on depression. I don't blame them for being uninformed, it and mental disorders in general are rarely talked about and do not get the attention they need
I'll probably find those pages later and read them

No problem.

I could call the person out, but there's no need. Sure.. i think the pages were around..24 if you're on 100pp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom