• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

How can the party responsible have a sense of humor about this?

UBI: "Hey, guys. Aren't those graphical bugs funny?"
People: "You didn't do your job, Ubi."
UBI: "Look at his face, it's totally broken and not rendering correctly!"
People: "Do your job Ubi."

Imagine if next gen games look worst than past gen games. Oh wait they do. Not all but meh.

Remember when ubi or i think it was ubi.. when they said they were locking the game at 980 or something like that in order "to end the arguements and stuff?"

Maybe they're trying to do a long running joke of how people will still buy their game even though it's buggy.

What, you didn't like Smauuuuuuuuuug?
I never watched them, I only know Smaug is a funny name and that Sherlock and Watson are in it.

It's a funny name but he doesn't do anything and his voice is so heavily altered that it could literally be anyone, you couldn't even tell it was Sherlock. But seriously, it takes an hour for him to show up, then he spends the next two hours talking to Bilbo and running around caves getting into scooby-doo shenanigans with dwarfs. Fuck those movies.

I still can't stay awake through the main LOTR trilogy, but I managed to watch most of the Hobbit movies. I missed the first 20 minutes of the second because I fell asleep in the theatre before it even started.

How can the party responsible have a sense of humor about this?

UBI: "Hey, guys. Aren't those graphical bugs funny?"
People: "You didn't do your job, Ubi."
UBI: "Look at his face, it's totally broken and not rendering correctly!"
People: "Do your job Ubi."

Well Ubisoft isn't a person, it's a conglomerate of companies, loosely tied together by the IPs they hold.

The developer studios are only studios that are in house for Ubisoft based on location. Always look at the teams that make these games and they are always fragmented. What Ubisoft the publisher owns I believe is the technology to create open world games.

So Ubisoft is the 3rd largest or 2nd largest games publisher for a raison. They don't really care about how good the Ip is or how good the story can be, what they care about is if people are going to pay for an open world game as close to real world location as possible.

AC2 is so amazing not because of the gameplay, but because the locations covered are so detailed and look photo realistic to the actual buildings in that country/time period. The devil has been in the details.

Decimate me if I'm 100% wrong. I don't think I am.

I still can't stay awake through the main LOTR trilogy, but I managed to watch most of the Hobbit movies. I missed the first 20 minutes of the second because I fell asleep in the theatre before it even started.

I love the LOTR trilogy to death and it sends me into crying fits because of the amazing friendship adventure they're about to go on, but Hobbit makes me furious at even the thought of it.

Zenfalcia

I love the LOTR trilogy to death and it sends me into crying fits because of the amazing friendship adventure they're about to go on, but Hobbit makes me furious at even the thought of it.

Did you read the hobbit before the movies? I thought that it was so unnessasary for the giant 3 parter for just one book.

What bored you? Or were you just tired?
I don't even know. I just pass out consistently during most of the movies. I've tried to watch them far too many times.
I can't even comment on the quality. I've basically only seen LOTR in bits and peices. Hobbit is meh.

sjack

Banned
Hey guys I want to install the DS1fix but I don't know which patch to download and how to make it work. Anyone have any advice?

It's a funny name but he doesn't do anything and his voice is so heavily altered that it could literally be anyone, you couldn't even tell it was Sherlock. But seriously, it takes an hour for him to show up, then he spends the next two hours talking to Bilbo and running around caves getting into scooby-doo shenanigans with dwarfs. Fuck those movies.

Haha yeah, I watched the Redlettermedia reviews and it's pretty much that, which made me want to watch the movies even less than I did before.
Which is a shame because I quite like the LOTR trilogy.

Mr.Towel

I've always thought the Hobbit book was better than the LOTR books mainly because it's shorter and simpler, so of course they made the movie trilogy 9 hours long and stuffed it full of subplots.

Xiraiya

I really enjoyed the LOTR lore and world, but for some reason I had the hardest time soaking up the story, I watched the trilogy with my cousin and a friend way back when, and they were quoting so many lines, and I just thought "How"

I just don't think LOTR resonated with me as much as I REALLY wanted it to, because when I really really enjoy something, I remember most details and things better than I should.

Zenfalcia

I don't even know. I just pass out consistently during most of the movies. I've tried to watch them far too many times.

I can't even comment on the quality. I've basically only seen LOTR in bits and peices. Hobbit is meh.

Too comfortable in the seats? Or maybe you were just too tired.

I've never read any of the books all the way through, I started the first Lord of the Rings, but the writing style is too dry for me.

Hmm ok.. the hobbit movies were way too drawn out for a simple quest.
they got a hobbit to steal a ring, it didnt need 3 parts. But they did cover everything and added some new things for no apparent reason that would affect the story.

croten

they got a hobbit to steal a ring, it didnt need 3 parts. But they did cover everything and added some new things for no apparent reason that would affect the story.

I think the additions and subplots are from another book in the series.

Zenfalcia

The fighting wasnt too great since they made it PG. It seemed too comical, wacking orcs with makeshift weapons. Maybe i'm being too critical, as a series by itself it's nice. But it's too easy to compare to the better lord of the rings trilogy.

croten

The fighting wasnt too great since they made it PG. It seemed too comical, wacking orcs with makeshift weapons. Maybe i'm being too critical, as a series by itself it's nice. But it's too easy to compare to the better lord of the rings trilogy.

Well the hobbit was a childrens book so it's supposed to be more comical and "fun"

Xiraiya

It's boring and almost broken in how good it is in DS1.

I just grabbed my Elite Knight Set, a Claymore and ravaged that game, same gear I'm ravaging DS2 with.

And in a game where PVP is as messy and laggy as it is in Dark Souls, dodging magic is nigh impossible, so it's a bit ridiculous, I just tank the hits and do as much damage as possible, tends to be the only proper method of dealing with casters.

Mr.Towel

They're mostly from the appendixes of the other books, stuff that he wrote awhile after he wrote the Hobbit in order to make it more connected to LOTR, most of which I think bog the story down.

I've watched them in theaters, other people's houses, my own house, my grandparents for fucks sake. I always fall asleep, different part of the movie everytime.
Let's Plague: Dark Souls Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0X6Y19Qcks

It's happening.
Yaaaass. I am watch. He said this took him like 4 days or something to upload on twitter.

Rizzi

Blargh. You can make a usb flash drive install Windows 8. This is good.
But sandisk flash drives don't work. The only flash drive I can find is sandisk. This is bad.

Xiraiya

I've watched them in theaters, other people's houses, my own house, my grandparents for fucks sake. I always fall asleep, different part of the movie everytime.

Yeah, as much as I like those movies, I feel like they crammed too much in, I think fleshing out the world while also traveling across it in 3 movies is too much at once.

The first one was good, i didn't like the second one as much because the 3D effects almost killed my eyeballs. And the name for the third one is just awful.
And I don't think you have to spoiler that, the book is like 35 years old and I'm pretty sure everyone knows the general plot.

Zenfalcia

Well the hobbit was a childrens book so it's supposed to be more comical and "fun"

Yeah, i guess i expected more of a lord of the rings feel.

Is it that boring to you?

The first one was good, i didn't like the second one as much because the 3D effects almost killed my eyeballs. And the name for the third one is just awful.
And I don't think you have to spoiler that, the book is like 35 years old and I'm pretty sure everyone knows the general plot.

Yeah, i spoilered it just because. Might as well. Kill your eyes how? Straining them?

The 1st had a nice lord of the rings feel of a journey beginning and an adventure. 2 was just an extension with a lot of boring fighint in between.

I loved the LotR back when it was the new hotness, but I don't know if I could enjoy it current day. I should really give them a watch again and see if they hold up for me.

Zenfalcia

I loved the LotR back when it was the new hotness, but I don't know if I could enjoy it current day. I should really give them a watch again and see if they hold up for me.

My father used to rewatch them regularly, i feel like they hold up fairly well.

You're not wrong for expecting that, since that's what the trailers sold.

The first movie had that vibe, but then that bird ending was BS. It just reminded me the end of lord of the rings. Why didnt they just use them for the whole trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom