• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nb6qedFRzs1qzmgfko1_1280.jpg

Oberon

Banned
Yeah. Pat mentioned something about a technical problem i believe.

11 is a lot. We talked more about it and were on topic most of the time in 11 pages(100pp). It was mostly due to too many cooks, and tangentially related stuff about video games etc. Other lpers were talked about and tales games. Some off topic conversations were talking about depression, and how one friender said depression was just being sad and people should get over it. He later apologized. That conversation then went into seriousgaf. People talked about some of their personal problems and personality irl. Small persona waifu war, and pokemon ruby vs saphire war pver which team is better. ORAS footage was leaked with some screen shots. Lewd police is now corrupt.

Sonic boom and ac unity talk about them being terrible. Conversation about how everyone learned to love SBF started by a new person who knows beloved and x-something sorry i dont remember his name :/. Short conversation about feminine males and breasts in darksouls. That was about gwynd- or whatever his name is.

That was the gist of it, but we've been blowing through pages/posts.

personal note: I thought i had later classes today, turns out i dont. So 1 hour nap it is.

Wow, I missed all of this?
I could have contributed somthing to all of them.
Ruby best

Mathaou

legacy of cane
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931423

In this thread, anyone who says anything negative about GTA4, NHL, FIFA, Destiny, or other AAA titles got banned. I'm not kidding.

I'm pretty sure you can get banned for doing this only if it's obvious you're trying to start a war, but come on. These guys I can see:
NHL series from the past 5 years has recieved generally OK to good scores, even though not a single game has been deserving. If you've played any of them you'd know what I'm talking about. Absolute garbage fire of a series.
Gta4 wow what a clusterfuck and disappointment it was, story was bad, I hated the 360 graphics, it was stale and boring.

But this guy?
People will argue about this, but Destiny.

Got pretty average reviews, but still enjoyed until today. That's long legs for a game.
Banned for trying to have a discussion. Didn't back up what he was saying, but someone could have asked for it before banning him.

In this thread, anyone who says anything negative about GTA4, NHL, FIFA, Destiny, or other AAA titles got banned. I'm not kidding.

I'm pretty sure you can get banned for doing this only if it's obvious you're trying to start a war, but come on. These guys I can see:

But this guy?

Banned for trying to have a discussion. Didn't back up what he was saying, but someone could have asked for it before banning him.
I barely ever post on the gaming side anymore. Way too toxic.

But this guy?

I was wondering why there was so many banned people in that thread, but I can see the intent was more towards the god hand side rather than the alien's side.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I barely ever post on the gaming side anymore. Way too toxic.

I only go on the gaming side for news, anything else (discussions) is done over here in community.

I was wondering why there was so many banned people in that thread, but I can see the intent was more towards the god hand side rather than the alien's side.

You mean just unwarranted hate from one reviewer?

But this guy?
I'm pretty sure it's because they didn't read the OP. That wasn't what the thread was about,

Rutti

But this guy?

Well I always thought ppl who don't read op but still post should be banned and those bans align with that sot it's ok to me.

demidar

But this guy?

Looks warranted to me, they either didn't read the OP or have terrible reading comprehension.

The thread is about reviews that go against the grain. The people who got banned were just throwing out their opinions rather than presenting a review piece. The thread isn't about Gaffers' opinions.

Rizzi

Ubi gonna Ubi.

In other unrelated news, my dvd drive appears to have shuffled off this mortal coil. Makes the clean install of Windows I was about to do kind of uh.. difficult.

Ubi gonna Ubi.

In other unrelated news, my dvd drive appears to have shuffled off this mortal coil. Makes the clean install of Windows I was about to do kind of uh.. difficult.

If you have a different computer you can rip your disk and use a usb to do a clean install.

edit:beaten...

Emouse

I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles for the first time on PC and am pleasantly surprised that there are Skies of Arcadia characters in this game.

It's nice to see nods to older Sega games, and it's fun seeing Akia and Vyse just kinda be there, if I remember correctly Fina is the medic too

Just when you thought you were close to getting rid of me, I befriended her and you got drug right back in.

Unless I have an incredibly bad memory, I believe I'm actually the one who introduced Xiraiya to the Zaibatsu. First video was the Machinima Pokemon Snap one if I recall.

This brings up an interesting question. What was your guys' first exposure to these lovable shits we all now watch? :p

Kirby's Epic Yarn.

My favorite video is the Mortal Kombat one.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Their first Machinima one.

My favorite is WWE All Stars one. First video where I noticed Matt and Pat's individual personalities appear and they weren't their respective dumb guy who likes america and angry guy characters.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm glad to see that Ubi has a sense of humor about all this.

I wonder if they'll still have that sense of humor with everyone at their throats.

Squishy3

Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I like the Guild Wars 2 one because they come back after Pat has been playing it for a few weeks and he's going to show Matt a cool hidden thing and then fucks up the jump and falls to his death and then the video ends.

I wonder if they'll still have that sense of humor with everyone at their throats.

Does it really matter anymore?

Ubisoft has so many developer studios and so many IPs to tarnish, they could not give a shit how bad their launch products are.

It's become "ship the MVP, and iterate through patches".

360pages

I helped revive the lewd section on my writing forum...that was good.

Also, just barely reached the minimum word count for writing month.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Unless I have an incredibly bad memory, I believe I'm actually the one who introduced Xiraiya to the Zaibatsu. First video was the Machinima Pokemon Snap one if I recall.

This brings up an interesting question. What was your guys' first exposure to these lovable shits we all now watch? :p

I'm pretty sure it was the Demon's Souls Machinima episode. It's hard for me to remember because I immediately ended up going back and watched other episodes. It could have been MvC3.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does it really matter anymore?

Ubisoft has so many developer studios and so many IPs to tarnish, they could not give a shit how bad their launch products are.

It's become "ship the MVP, and iterate through patches".

Bad PR takes time to fester, and the attitude is more a sign of a leaking ship and an unwillingness to change.

You're not going to see anything immediate, but the more that Ubisoft ships broken games, the less and less tolerant consumers will be.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

How can the party responsible have a sense of humor about this?

UBI: "Hey, guys. Aren't those graphical bugs funny?"
People: "You didn't do your job, Ubi."
UBI: "Look at his face, it's totally broken and not rendering correctly!"
People: "Do your job Ubi."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom