• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
No this is stylish
Notice the lack of shitty DS magic?

dmc4-combo15fps-2-350i3s1y.gif

I just wanted to post more DMC4 gifs.

We are pretty much MetaGAF by now.

We should use that for our new OT name.

Thread 8: Super Best WHO?

The difference is that it was intended. Because magic is supposed to make things easier for people with difficulty fighting up close.
Wouldn't you then say that the style is based around your build and your own method of playstyle rather than any inherent stylish value in magic? Because you could do all of these things without magic.
I can make a game of Snake look stylish by cutting corners and taking high risks. That doesn't mean that there's inherent value in it.

Magic isn't inherently stylish, but it is the most stylish when used stylishly, especially since you can pretty much wear whatever clothes you want, not having to worry about best armors or any of that shit.

croten

Magic isn't inherently stylish, but it is the most stylish when used stylishly, especially since you can pretty much wear whatever clothes you want, not having to worry about best armors or any of that shit.

You never have to worry about that anyway. Magic build or not.

You say "correctly", but it's really not the intended way to play a Magic build at all. I understand that you're trying to interesting and creative ways of incorporating magic, but nothing about what you're saying is efficient for a magic build or inherent to a magic build. You would get the exact same results by running away and casting those spells. Your visual reward is not something that is a part of using magic.

Running away and waiting is actually way slower, the way I play makes the fights go faster, making it more efficient than sitting back, even if that's the easier way.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Running away and waiting is actually way slower, the way I play makes the fights go faster, making it more efficient than sitting back, even if that's the easier way.

It is literally impossible for your way to be any faster. All you're doing is incorporating taunts. By running away, I'm including dodging.

Xiraiya

I did so much PVP in DS1, The forest was my playground.

Getting ganked by three people at once and successfully trolling them around the trees and killing the world player and then getting instantly indicted always gave me the biggest boner.
Yeah I only PVP'd when I had to, to max out Covenants, I never indicted anyone because I heard the covenant associated with it was dead anyway.
Whenever I get invaded, I bow, fight and either lose or win, if I won, I'd bow again and walk off, pretty much same routine every time.

In DS2, I farmed Belfry Luna until all the Dwarves stopped respawning, so the tower was empty. I would put on the Bell keeper ring and stand at the top in this one spot and wait for gray spirits to come find me, or until I was summoned to kill other players in the tower.
IuDacO.png

Same routine, unless it looked like they had no courtesy, I would bow first before fighting, then bow and walk off afterwards, nothing more, nothing less.
Being conceited in PVP is generally pointless, more so in one I know is pretty much busted because network issues, so I never really get too excited about winning, I just want my titanite chunks.

Ah jeez I should not go to the Naruto OT when I just wake up there are few guys there that think narusaku shouldve happened and their reasonings are rediculous

Emouse

yo fuck eBay, I buy a game that's been described as 'good condition' and 'minor marks on the disc' and I get a game that has grade A xbox 360 disc burn and it's completely unplayable, and I'm told I can't leave negative feedback because the guy is a "trusted seller" or some shit

colour me mega fucking pissed

joe2187

Banned
when playing PVP I give people ample amount of time to gesture and buff themselves before fighting.

If I see you buffing up, no prob I'll wait and do a gesture.

If I see you running around tapping summon signs, Your ass is gonna get blasted ASAP.

If I see you running at me while Im still in a gesture animation, Your ass is gonna get blasted ASAP. Limiters unlocked.

If I see more than one of you, imma use the enviromental enemies to my advantage.

Otherwise, jolly cooperation.

yo fuck eBay, I buy a game that's been described as 'good condition' and 'minor marks on the disc' and I get a game that has grade A xbox 360 disc burn and it's completely unplayable, and I'm told I can't leave negative feedback because the guy is a "trusted seller" or some shit

Could you get in contact with Ebay about the matter? Also go make a NeoGAF topic about this.

Also haven't you learned from Pat that you shouldn't buy used since people's dicks have been there?
Assuming that it is used.

DMC 4s combat is just more refined. That's all. DMC 3 is still the better game
Nero's combat is excellent for a first iteration. Dante's arsenal in 4 is incredible, but as I've said before, is a bit too much for me to wrap my head around.

Plus no crazy moves in DMC4, which I fucking loved. Adds a certain intensity to things. Same for surfing on downed enemies.

Speaking of character action, hopefully El Shaddai arrives from Gamefly today, though if it does I won't be able to get to it until later tonight since I've got an evening class. Damn it all.

Zenfalcia

Damn that sucks, ebay did the similar with me, with my package not arriving at all. The seller was a bro and gave me a refund. Although, I haven't checked if he did for sure. I orded another copy.. i wonder where that is.. Wait, that's possible? To not leave negative feedback on a trusted seller? Is there way to file a complaint?

croten

Wow that's supper shitty

What kind of reasoning?
I dunno where to begin, just dont like how some people think that the only reason people think they shouldve gotten together is because naruto liked her. Just cause you want something doesnt mean its good for you, I have personal problem against NS cause ive been the naruto and lets just say I wasnt exactly happy when I finally got the girl, in fact she broke my heart.

Xiraiya

I dunno where to begin, just dont like how some people think that the only reason people think they shouldve gotten together is because naruto liked her. Just cause you want something doesnt mean its good for you, I have personal problem against NS cause ive been the naruto and lets just say I wasnt exactly happy when I finally got the girl, in fact she broke my heart.

Well, personal preferences aside, all of the main pairings were written so poorly that the argument is actually pointless, all anyone can really say "I like this girl more", that's about it.

Emouse

Could you get in contact with Ebay about the matter? Also go make a NeoGAF topic about this.

Also haven't you learned from Pat that you shouldn't buy used since people's dicks have been there?
Assuming that it is used.

it's funny because I usually don't buy used stuff unless it's PS2/GC era stuff or stupidly hard to get, in fact I go out of my way to pay more and get new stuff so this exact thing doesn't happen, but eh I probably could go to ebay about it but it was less than £5 so I probably won't bother

Damn that sucks, ebay did the similar with me, with my package not arriving at all. The seller was a bro and gave me a refund. Although, I haven't checked if he did for sure. I orded another copy.. i wonder where that is.. Wait, that's possible? To not leave negative feedback on a trusted seller? Is there way to file a complaint?

Turns out you have to wait at least 7 days to leave negative feedback

Well, personal preferences aside, all of the main pairings were written so poorly that the argument is actually pointless, all anyone can really say "I like this girl more", that's about it.
Yes I agree, the whole series went to shit at one point and the only reason I kept reading was cause I wanted best girl to win.

Hey frienders, to celebrate Valkyria Chronicles doing so well on Steam, I'm giving away a copy of the game on Steam for free! So who wants a copy? (preferably someone who doesn't own a ps3 copy already and is really interested in playing the game).

Hey frienders, to celebrate Valkyria Chronicles doing so well on Steam, I'm giving away a copy of the game on Steam for free! So who wants a copy? (preferably someone who doesn't own a ps3 copy already and is really interested in playing the game).

I would love it. I've never played it.

360pages

Tsundere's are fine, violent Tsundere's are annoying. Then again Sakura was supposed to be a comedy duo with Naruto, not a Tsundere, which is fine by me since they work better as a brother/sister/friends then a couple.

Seeing naruto get punched through a wall can only be funny if it's not romantic. Though I do love the scene when Sakura punched Sai in the face after he called her ugly and Naruto tried to stop her.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Do a Modbot giveaway!

I already own multiple PS3 copies that are unplayed, but thanks for being generous.

croten

Damn, that's very generous. I wholly recommend it to anybody who likes tactical games

Tsundere's are fine, violent Tsundere's are annoying. Then again Sakura was supposed to be a comedy duo with Naruto, not a Tsundere, which is fine by me since they work better as a brother/sister/friends then a couple.

Seeing naruto get punched through a wall can only be funny if it's not romantic. Though I do love the scene when Sakura punched Sai in the face after he called her ugly and Naruto tried to stop her.
"Woah woah sakura dont hit the man for telling the truth!"

Emouse

It was absolutely unnecessary to use the gif, but whatever. At least you can leave a stern response of your dissatisfaction!

I will always appreciate the use of Jeff Goldblum and/or Jurassic Park .gifs, on the plus side I did also buy a Dreamcast today because why the hell not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom