• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

When the writing is bad I don't have an interest.

And thats why they should gotten the comic book guys to make an alternative sonic series, instead of doing all this. It would be written better, would require less redesigns, would already be filled with NPC's would require less creation and more weeding out because there is already source material and would have made some folk happy.

Also they should gotten a better studio with more testers to develop the game.

360pages

When the writing is bad I don't have an interest.

Well, I do give it props for actually having a story most of the time unlike a lot of other platformers. Even if the writing is bad, I really wouldn't want Sonic to be anything like Mario, (Not that I hate mario, but if I wanted Mario I would just play Mario)

croten

Ok, so I just watched Episode 15 and it was fucking awesome. However, when the hell is the Satsuki/Mako episode you guys kept talking about? Many said it was somewhere halfway, but I'm past that already and every episode so far keeps shoving Ryuko further into first place (though Satsuki regained second place again).

I guess it's just that most people think Ryuko is a bit bland compared to Satsuki.

Ok, so I just watched Episode 15 and it was fucking awesome. However, when the hell is the Satsuki/Mako episode you guys kept talking about? Many said it was somewhere halfway, but I'm past that already and every episode so far keeps shoving Ryuko further into first place (though Satsuki regained second place again).

Playing the one I got for free with PS+, but none of these work at the moment anyway.
Low priority. I don't know anything about it, aside from the fact that Liam loves it and Pat has issues with it. Maybe later.

Attack on Titan gameplay
Buy it

Zenfalcia

Playing the one I got for free with PS+, but none of these work at the moment anyway.
Low priority. I don't know anything about it, aside from the fact that Liam loves it and Pat has issues with it. Maybe later.

You'll get to it eventually. I dont think it was halfway, it's more than that i believe.

Watch some gameplay footage and see what you think.

croten

Odd, considering Ryuko developes way more frequently than Satsuki and Satsuki has barely had any character development at all aside from the initial bit. She has the very same thing going for as she did in the first episode.
She's cool, but she certainly isn't a more varied character. Ryuko is quite generic, but she certainly does have a lot more going for her.
I understand that popularity seems to be divided by half between Ryuko and Satsuki (from what I've been able to find anyway, so I don't think your "most" argument is correct), but I like satsuki because she's cool, not because her character isn't bland.

Kamina doesn't get much development either but you like him more than Simon

Odd, considering Ryuko developes way more frequently than Satsuki and Satsuki has barely had any character development at all aside from the initial bit. She has the very same thing going for as she did in the first episode.
She's cool, but she certainly isn't a more varied character. Ryuko is quite generic, but she certainly does have a lot more going for her.
I understand that popularity seems to be divided by half between Ryuko and Satsuki (from what I've been able to find anyway, so I don't think your "most" argument is correct), but I like satsuki because she's cool, not because her character isn't bland.

You'll know the moment when you get to it, trust us. Just enjoy the ride for now while it's smooth

So
Much
Not
Knowing yet
Must
Not
Talk about it

Also, so much Durara and MCC taking up my time that I ain't even posting
The fuck's up with that?

THIS IS BULLSHIT!

YOU GOTTA DRAW THE LINE SOMEWHERE, YOU GOTTA DRAW THE F***IN' LINE IN THE SAND, DUDE. YOU GOTTA MAKE A STATEMENT, YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND SAY, 'WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?' NOT F***IN' THIS!

IT'S NO USE!!!

I tried looking up the ending when I heard it ended, and I saw that page and just laughed and walked away. Oh Kishimoto, you cheese pizza.
This makes the ending 100x better.

croten

Because of his tight, brotherly relationship with Simon (and Simon's behavior towards Kamina) and his massive influence over the entire show, not because Kamina is a varied or deep character. Kamina had way more going for him in eight episodes than Satsuki has in 15, even more so after his talks with Yoko. Satsuki is literally the same character she was when we first saw her, without anything changing significantly.

We get tiny hints here and there that more might be going on, but nothing that actually adds to her character YET.

Sure, I'm not Satsuki is as good Kamina or anything. Either way I think people are massively hyping this up for and your probably going to be disappointed.

Mostly various sanic teams, did you know their western branches made like a shit ton of sonic games

Are those teams responsible for the weak stories in sonic games.

Or the sometimes broken/unfinished gameplay?

I should look into how many teams did a sonic game. I bet there are some dev diaries that reveal some shit.

Village

Please. I am just curious

Nice guy logic

" he liked her once, he's nice and he works hard. Therefore she must get with him because ' he deserves her' " or something.

Sakura made it clear she didn't like him as much as sasuke when she went him out to go find sasuke

Naruto made it clear he knew she liked sasuke more when she told her to stop lying when she said she liked him , so she could go after sasuke herself

A lot of people confuse friendships and caring with romantic relationships

Squishy3

IT'S NO USE!!!

I tried looking up the ending when I heard it ended, and I saw that page and just laughed and walked away. Oh Kishimoto, you cheese pizza.
This makes the ending 100x better.
In all honesty, that should have been the final panel and then he could've taken a break for a special 50 page epilogue chapter or something.

Village

Are those teams responsible for the weak stories in sonic games.

Or the sometimes broken/unfinished gameplay?

I should look into how many teams did a sonic game. I bet there are some dev diaries that reveal some shit.

I believe they made

Sonic 2
Sonic 3 and knuckles
Sonic adventure 2
and
Shadow the hedgehog

croten

I know, I'm just getting the feeling that I've been missing something regarding Satsuki so far. Do I like her? Absolutely. A lot even. I just think the character is static as fuck so far, which is not what I was expecting when everyone kept gushing about her.
If the character doesn't live up to the constant hype, I may end up disappointed and not like Satsuki as much as they do because of it, but the hype ship has sailed a long time ago and it doesn't really matter anyway. And maybe one of the reasons I'm liking Ryuko is because, while she does seem to be either the most or second most popular character outside of this thread (if I were to believe the polls I've found), no one here hyped her up at all, so she exceeded my initial expectations despite being somewhat generic. But regardless, if Satsuki's character does change things up within the upcoming 9 episodes, I'm sure I'll end up liking her even more anyway.

Mako is really cool too, so everything is fine. I'm really liking everyone aside from Nui.

That's good but my point is that you're expecting a "thing" to happen soon, but when we watched it we were not expecting a "thing". That being said I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Nice guy logic

" he liked her once, he's nice and he works hard. Therefore she must get with him because ' he deserves her' " or something.

Sakura made it clear she didn't like him as much as sasuke when she went him out to go find sasuke

Naruto made it clear he knew she liked sasuke more when she told her to stop lying when she said she liked him , so she could go after sasuke herself

A lot of people confuse friendships and caring with romantic relationships

I give Zero shits about Naruto but you're telling me Naruto pulled a Drake and started to simp?

Nice guy Naurto should be a thing.

I believe they made

Sonic 2
Sonic 3 and knuckles
Sonic adventure 2
and
Shadow the hedgehog

Ahahahahahahahahah

Man that's quite a downfall from the fun Sanic games.

Don't know about Attack on Titan. That being said, I did look up some vids and it looks really cool. PS+ version is just regular Soul Sacrifice though. Is it really worth paying extra money for Delta when I already have the regular version?

I'm hoping you're right. I would definitely love it if Satsuki actually got some screentime. I'm specifically talking about everything up to episode 15 when I say that Ryuko has a billion more things going on than Satsuki. Hell, Mako is almost in the same situation as Ryuko as well. They're both vastly more interesting, though Satsuki's coolness helps her a lot.

You are sooooooo in the exact same place I was when I first saw it. Except on Mako. Mako da bes.

Village

I give Zero shits about Naruto but you're telling me Naruto pulled a Drake and started to simp?

Nice guy Naurto should be a thing.

Yep. He eventually realized that it wasn't happening, and came to terms with it. He strait up said when sakura said she loved him " I don't like liars "

She sent this man naruto on a simp mission, the ultimate one. To find her boyfriend.

I know, I'm just getting the feeling that I've been missing something regarding Satsuki so far. Do I like her? Absolutely. A lot even. I just think the character is static as fuck so far, which is not what I was expecting when everyone kept gushing about her.
If the character doesn't live up to the constant hype, I may end up disappointed and not like Satsuki as much as they do because of it, but the hype ship has sailed a long time ago and it doesn't really matter anyway. And maybe one of the reasons I'm liking Ryuko is because, while she does seem to be either the most or second most popular character outside of this thread (if I were to believe the polls I've found), no one here hyped her up at all, so she exceeded my initial expectations despite being somewhat generic. But regardless, if Satsuki's character does change things up within the upcoming 9 episodes, I'm sure I'll end up liking her even more anyway.

Mako is really cool too, so everything is fine. I'm really liking everyone aside from Nui.

HNNNNNNGGGG MUST NOT TALK ABOUT KLK
HAS NOT SEEN IT YET
MUST LET HIM WAAAAATCH

croten

I know, but what I mean is that I can't not expect a thing anymore now that I've been notified of said thing. Case in point:
I'm looking forward to it. Will watch episode 16 and the leave the rest to another day however. It's getting late.

I am. I am also grateful that you told me to not expect another Gurren Lagann level of quality show and to lower my expectations. Worked out very well.

Well as long as your liking it there is no problem.

Yep. He eventually realized that it wasn't happening, and came to terms with it. He strait up said when sakura said she loved him " I don't like liars "

She sent this man naruto on a simp mission, the ultimate one. To find her boyfriend.

Damn, bruh sounding like Drake more and more.

Naruto, the Hokage of Simps.

Village

Damn, bruh sounding like Drake more and more.

Naruto, the Hokage of Simps.

It works out though, the girl he gets with is way better than sakura anyway. And it was fate

So sasuke could have his child with sakura, bayonetta

tumblr_nel0cx7Q2i1su46kxo1_500.jpg

Witch time is actually a sharingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom