• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

Well LA-DI-DA mister Confidence, Please excuse us Normal People with our crippling Insecurities.

Just will them away by charging through them and beating them into oblivion.
tumblr_mxi01mVsjl1rjhbbio1_500.gif

tumblr_mxi01mVsjl1rjhbbio2_500.gif

Shackzam

2 Out of 10 or so matches. One against my Sheik (as Zelda, for which I'm hoping for a rematch some day!) and Bowser (as DeDeDe).

Absolutely. I don't consider myself a high-level player. I'm pretty decent, but I'd probably get bodied in an actual tournament.

I have no idea on how I get so far in tournaments with DK because he is not the best character. But I guess people are just scared of the Dong

Well there's a difference between being proud of yourself and owning your accomplishments and being a dick that acts better than everyone else.

Everyone dislikes those kind of people.

I'm unable to divorce the two, so I just tone down any accomplishments compliments I receive, say thanks and move on.

I'm not a big guy on pomp and circumstance anymore.

ultimax

Yo what's happening frienders
cake.png

This
When it comes to Smash, I need to improve my aerial play, and practice my inputs. Those two aren't very hard to practice, so all I have to do is keep playing, and it will all come back to me.
My main problem in smash is that I suicide way too often lol I can't maintain that little mac side B hype
There was a exploit with the GTS you could have done back in the day to do so with one DS, but I can't seem to find it right now.
God damn. Im pretty sure the GTS was taken down anyway

I'm unable to divorce the two, so I just tone down any accomplishments compliments I receive, say thanks and move on.

I'm not a big guy on pomp and circumstance anymore.

Eh, it really doesn't bother me. I like confidence, so I tend to like confident people. Bragging, as long as it isn't malicious, doesn't bother me.

croten

Eh, it really doesn't bother me. I like confidence, so I tend to like confident people. Bragging, as long as it isn't malicious, doesn't bother me.

I get annoyed by people who are too modest. If your better than me then fucking say it. don't try to downplay it, makes me feel worse than if you rubbed it in my face.

Emouse

cake.png

This

My main problem in smash is that I suicide way too often lol I can't maintain that little mac side B hype

God damn. Im pretty sure the GTS was taken down anyway

Nice, I had the same problem with Mac but I just learnt to use side B towards the middle of the stage rather than the edge, and you can throw the punch early if you hit B again so you end up not going as far

I get annoyed by people who are too modest. If your better than me then fucking say it. don't try to downplay it, makes me feel worse than if you rubbed it in my face.

Well what if they're being modest as a way of rubbing it in your face even harder....I should try that sometime....

I feel the same way about that stuff. I'm not really sure how to react to praise so I just "thanks" or "it was nothing."
It's funny when in my head I'm sometimes really glad to be thanked for it.
So the best thing to do is be a cool guy and eat up all the praise, but never brag (I hate braggarts and arrogant folk).
I got a solution, I'll just stop doing anything remarkable or cool.
I see your point, I think I'm getting better at social interaction in general. Taking compliments is easier when I'm not so worried about everything in a social setting.

ultimax

You love that avatar, don't you.
no....
maybe.........
yes, yes i do.
The Real GTS yes, but the exploit used different DNSs to intercepting the data that would be going to the real GTS. Hypothetically it would still exist if people are using it.
Oh, i'll have to look into that then. no pokemon left behind.
If I ever play Mac, I don't use the Side B. Ever. Only time I would bother with it is if I have to stretch out a horizontal recovery, and they nerfed that.

Im getting better with it tho. It really is only meant for risky situations

Zenfalcia

no....
maybe.........
yes, yes i do.

i love it too.
Oh are we all becoming Pat again?

Yeah we are!
Oh jeez, It's happening again. What have I done?

The Pattenning has begun again!
Maybe one of these days I'll be crazy enough to go back and speed read the first 3 OTs. Or I could just be lazy and wait for one of you guys to be crazy enough to TL;DR all the lore

I'm crazy enough that i'll probably do it.
you'll also lose the avatar quote jokes since they're all different.
I love the implications of that avatar when it's used.

I'm going to try to find more since they're so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom