• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Since the topic is up already, would you guys recommend playing SMT IV then Nocturne or the regular way?
Either way is fine. But the real secret answer is play Digital Devil Saga
I will not stop shilling this god fucking dammit.

Also, thanks MillionStabs for the Saints Row IV gift. I'll have to get as much as I can out of it before school starts up again in a week and a half.

Nocturne cause it's better. Like, way better. Also some of SMTIV's coolest stuff is tiny references to the previous mainline games and Strange Journey.

I don't think it matters, but play Nocturne first.

Either way is fine. But the real secret answer is play Digital Devil Saga
I will not stop shilling this god fucking dammit.
Hmm alright, sounds fine. I kept hearing people gripe about the overworld so I was like "Would it be more enjoyable to go backwards?" This is cool too though

I need to actually get Project X Zone. I loved the demos and could play it all day. It feels like I'm missing a shitload of things in the actual game.

I need to actually get Project X Zone. I loved the demos and could play it all day. It feels like I'm missing a shitload of things in the actual game.
If you're desire for fanservice (of both varieties) is greater than your patience for the game's repetition, go for it. I don't regret going all the way through that game, especially to support it. We need more crazy cross over shit like this.

If you're desire for fanservice (of both varieties) is greater than your patience for the game's repetition, go for it. I don't regret going all the way through that game, especially to support it. We need more crazy cross over shit like this.
I actually don't mind the repetition of the combat but like I said, I don't know if I'm missing some mechanics or other gameplay that I don't get from the demo. I'll pick it up eventually.

The poloroid camera thing reminded me, have the Best Friends ever said what team they support? I assume it'd be Canadiens since they're in Montreal, but there could be a whole lot of things that'd cause that to be wrong.

Anung

Un Rama
Watched the whole worst top 10 and that was a great video. I hope they use that format again sometime.

Anyway, time to go to bed.

I'm a very patient person and even this game started to dry that up at the last 5 chapters of the game which all took about 1 hour and 30 minutes each, the only thing keeping me interested was the fanservice and learning the timing of each character and moves to land a critical hit, other then that I enjoyed 3/4 of the game

Mika

LrmcHAP.gif

Merry Christmas all you crazy frienders.

/lurksmoar

CheeseCurds

Neo Member
I almost bought this game three times, but decided against it.

Glad I did. Holy fuck, those missions sound miserable.

Not only that, the mission variety is either one of two objectives. 1) Clear the stage of every enemy. 2) Kill the boss. There is maybe one mission I can remember where you have to chase down and kill a certain unit before it reaches the edge of the map. Right after you catch that unit, however, the mission objective changes back to the previously mentioned types. That happened 30 minutes or so into the mission, and I couldn't help but groan for the remaining 20 minutes to finish it and move on.

With I think around 40 chapters or so of the same thing over and over again, I was left exhausted and with an unsatisfactory experience when I finished the game (50-55 hours).

Top Bottom