• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

More than...?

Vanquish and Bayo 1. I liked Vanquish quite a bit but I am not full torqued when I played Bayo 1. Something about the game isn't satisfying me. Its not clicking for me. The music isn't that hype, the gameplay itself is fine and activating witch time is great.

I put the game down somewhere in Chapter 5. It needs a sick rival fight.

*puts up flame shield*

croten

Seriously fuck those guys. I just want to twerk all over my enemies with friends.

Wasn't that posted like 2 days ago?

I've been away for a good bit the past few days...

Vanquish and Bayo 1. I liked Vanquish quite a bit but I am not full torqued when I played Bayo 1. Something about the game isn't satisfying me. Its not clicking for me. The music isn't that hype, the gameplay itself is fine and activating witch time is great.

I put the game down somewhere in Chapter 5. It needs a sick rival fight.

*puts up flame shield*

Needs a sick rival fight? You get one in chapter 2 I think. Jeanne is an amazing bossfight

360pages

Speaking of Smash, is the Wii U version simply more difficult for some reason? I could beat classic 9.0 on the 3DS with ease, but I can't manage to do the same on the Wii U.

It might, be, there is also a lot more variables with the stages and the horrid 8man smashes. (Those should not be in a classic run, they are far too up to chance) That and master fortress

Needs a sick rival fight? You get one in chapter 2 I think. Jeanne is an amazing bossfight

Is it wrong that I forgot about that fight? It was incredibly easy.

When I fought the Chapter 4 boss, I had to do it like 12 times because I was having issues with the camera.

I find that action games like this function better when boss fights are not so fucking huge.

Yeah I probably suck but I was not having fun with it. My friend told me however that Bayo 2 is a vast improvement over the first game.

Speaking of Smash, is the Wii U version simply more difficult for some reason? Classic 9.0 on the 3DS was very doable, but I can't manage to do the same on the Wii U.

Yea it's most certainly more difficult than the 3ds version, still haven't been able to do it, use custom equipment if you have to, heard starting off with a home run bat and quick wind up badge works wonders

Yeah I probably suck but I was not having fun with it. My friend told me however that Bayo 2 is a vast improvement over the first game.
Bayo 2 is much easier on Normal, yes.
The core gameplay is also a lot smoother, but come on man, at least finish Bayo 1 once. There's amazing stuff in there.
I wonder what they did with that horse dildo that AC sent.
Right behind Baby Ashley on Pat's shelf.

croten

Is it wrong that I forgot about that fight? It was incredibly easy.

When I fought the Chapter 4 boss, I had to do it like 12 times because I was having issues with the camera.

I find that action games like this function better when boss fights are not so fucking huge.

Bayo 2 is an improvement, I wouldn't call it huge though. It's still the same gameplay after all. Bayo 1 was my all time favorite game until 5 days ago.

croten

You take a comparable amount of damage as somewhere between Normal and Hard, but I think it's just way easier to get a handle on dodges and timing in Bayo 2, at least for me.

Maybe it was just being used to the game but I was getting far better medals and trophies through out my playthrough

360pages

Out of my 8 tries, I've only managed to do half of them. The other half ends with me dying at the final stage.

Yeah, Custom equipment is a possibility, I forgot about that. Been feeding most of it to my amiibo tho. Also that combo sounds hilarious.

Custom makes things a lot easier, even the most basic stuff helps a lot in terms of defense and attack.

Out of my 8 tries, I've only managed to do half of them. The other half ends with me dying at the final stage.

Yeah, Custom equipment is a possibility, I forgot about that. Been feeding most of it to my amiibo tho. Also that combo sounds hilarious.

Getting through most of your opponents is doable without the stage fucking you up or an explosive spawns in your face while in mid attack, and the final boss (except master fortress) is a cake walk but those god damn mii fighters is the part where I tear my hair out, makes me miss those wire frame fighters because they had such limited moves...

Yo, I just booted up my computer! Misses bull, thank you!
G4CzcPT.png

What is it about the game you're not enjoying?

It just is not clicking for me. The combat just lacks something. Its not anywhere as satisfying as some of the other games in the genre. The highpoint is Witch Time. That kicks ass.

Part of the problem (and this is not the game's fault) is that it was hyped as the best action game of all time. The fact that the game is not living up to my impossible standards might also be a problem.

croten

It just is not clicking for me. The combat just lacks something. Its not anywhere as satisfying as some of the other games in the genre. The highpoint is Witch Time. That kicks ass.

Part of the problem (and this is not the game's fault) is that it was hyped as the best action game of all time. The fact that the game is not living up to my impossible standards might also be a problem.

Are you using wicked weaves and dodge offset?

We bringing it back!???

You find yourself lost and alone on a dark road, you're confused but somehow you know that your life is at stake, you've stumbled into no-mans land, capital city; taboo, population; you and the shadows, except for the warm light at the end of the road, it beckons you, you long for it, but you know what that warmth entails, you know what it would mean to the social hierarchy at your back if you were to embrace that warmth, here and now. But for every step back, you take two forward.

Before you realize it, you're in the fire and you panic, and the only thing going through your mind is "how will I subdue this flame" and that is where most people make their mistake, the inferno is not subdued, rather it's endured... and you either endure or perish as you fight for air...

#TeamShameless4lyfe, bitches.

During the podcasts that I've heard, the most entertaining bits are when they're discussing non-gaming related topics that come up in a tangent. They actually seem to be interested in what they're discussing in these bits, but since I'm tuning in as a gamer that's not really what I'm looking for.

Also super late, but that's why I like giant bomb. I honestly couldn't give a shit about their gaming opinions and I rarely agree with them, but I love their off topic stuff and how entertaining they are. Their podcasts and their most entertaining content is just their daily stuff like discussing alcohol and random shit and if you only tune in for the gaming, they're gonna disappoint you.

Team shameless is our Benoit.

Now all we need in our next OT is a photoshopped picture with Pat holding a "Bring back Shameless" sign

You find yourself lost and alone on a dark road, you're confused but somehow you know that your life is at stake, you've stumbled into no-mans land, capital city; taboo, population; you and the shadows, except for the warm light at the end of the road, it beckons you, you long for it, but you know what that warmth entails, you know what it would mean to the social hierarchy at your back if you were to embrace that warmth, here and now. But for every step back, you take two forward.

Before you realize it, you're in the fire and you panic, and the only thing going through your mind is "how will I subdue this flame" and that is where most people make their mistake, the inferno is not subdued, rather it's endured... and you either endure or perish as you fight for air...

#TeamShameless4lyfe, bitches.

That was beautiful.

They never left

Weren't you supposed to be the lewd police

Duplolas

Banned
So I just finished The Wolf Among Us. I hated the ending. Absolutely hated it... at first.

Then I thought about it a bit more, and yes I know the endings change based upon your decisions, but mine seemed the most realistic of them all, at least to me.

On a scale of 1-10 on how much I backed up Snow, I would say 8. I tried to help her the best I could without completely going against my own ways. Yet, in the end, she ended up being a bit of a bitch. She got focused on her work, and didn't end up with Bigby, even though I supported her immensely, even in situations where I didn't want to entirely. She didn't appreciate what I did.

That really pissed me off. Like. I wanted to break my screen. Then I thought about it.

In the end, I wish I had played as if only my opinion mattered, as if I was a lone wolf. I think it is because in real life I could really relate to the same issue. I had given my all for a person I deeply cared for only to have all of my kindness and care forgotten. Just like what happened with Snow. And I feel like a lot of people in life have gone through the same thing I have. That everyone has that one person in life, whether it be a ex girl friend, friend, or member of your family that just never appreciated what you did. And instead of there being a huge fight to end it all, they kind of just fade out of your life and when you look back at it you aren't filled with hate or depression, you are just indifferent. You are left empty.

You are told by some force that you should be with that person, but in the end, it doesn't work.

In the beginning, it felt like Snow was the one. But when I realized Snow wasn't the one, I also realized there was one I cared for more than anyone else in the game that came even before her. Faith.

Even though her time in the game was short, I felt like she was the only one who actually understood the game. And when I say game, I mean that she was the only character in the game who realized it was all a game. That the choices you will make will never leave you completely fulfilled in the end. She broke the 4th wall. And in the back of my mind I just thought that of all of the character in the game I wish Bigby ended up with, I thought it should have been her. If he ended up with her, I would have been happy.

And then I saw this: https://www.telltalegames.com/commu...sode-5-ending-did-y-all-just-forget-this-part

And all I have to say is well fucking done. Bravo. This game. Oh man this game. I really hope there is more to come.

Top Bottom