• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

RomanceDawn

I've got internet for a while! Someone please play me!

I really gotta scrap the rust off! Haven't played since June 2nd!

Romancedawn.

Good games! I liked how you rotated your characters in groups of their respective series.

I need food.

The CSS is ordered into franchises. I am just going from left to right, except for that one Yoshi match. Nice DK, and I prefer to fight your Mewtwo over Karsticles'. GGs.

Room is up if anyone wants to play.

I am also up for 2v2.

RomanceDawn

The CSS is ordered into franchises. I am just going from left to right, except for that one Yoshi match. Nice DK, and I prefer to fight your Mewtwo over Karsticles'. GGs.

Room is up if anyone wants to play.

I am also up for 2v2.

Hahaha thanks. Though I think you prefer to fight my Mewtwo cause I'm no good yet! ;)

That one Yoshi match and Lucario started off so easily for me. Though after that first 60% with both I got way too confident and you let me have it.

Hahaha thanks. Though I think you prefer to fight my Mewtwo cause I'm no good yet! ;)

That one Yoshi match and Lucario started off so easily for me. Though after that first 60% with both I got way too confident and you let me have it.

Nah, it is because you don't play half the match charging Shadow Ball.

Yoshi is my main, and I used to play Lucario regularly, so I am glad I didn't end up losing with them.

Still looking to play.

Puruzi

Banned
That was my last game.
GGs dude, Charizard is hilarious. All your characters were great.
Also almost every time I walked, it was because my dumb joystick doesn't want to let me dash

My apologies Snacks but I gotta call it for the day, trying to sleep earlier. GGs, seems a lot of matches were decided due to input errors but I think we're both doing well! PK Fire is really annoying to deal with though when you're Ganondorf. >.<;;;;

That was my last game.
GGs dude, Charizard is hilarious. All your characters were great.
Also almost every time I walked, it was because my dumb joystick doesn't want to let me dash
GGs. Really love playing long sets against people. That side-b catches me off-guard so much just because of how fast it is. Yeah, I was wondering why you were walking sometimes. Thought it was a mindgame or something, haha.

And, thanks. Your Lucas was the first one I've played that plays him really solid, so it was a good learning experience. Guessing you're going to focus on him mostly now?

Puruzi

Banned
GGs. Really love playing long sets against people. That side-b catches me off-guard so much just because of how fast it is. Yeah, I was wondering why you were walking sometimes. Thought it was a mindgame or something, haha.

And, thanks. Your Lucas was the first one I've played that plays him really solid, so it was a good learning experience. Guessing you're going to focus on him mostly now?

Yeah, putting almost all of my focus into Lucas now. Still annoyed that almost all of his movement shenanigans got removed, but he's still really fun, and my favorite character in the entire roster.

None of his aerials autocancel and he has the laggiest grab in the game. None of his moves are safe. You can BE safe with perfect spacing, but he doesn't have any moves that are safe.

He still has safe moves like PK Fire. I would also say nair is pretty safe even if it doesn't autocancel.

I don't know what was up with that lag, Solar. Anyone else want to play?

Ah, the almighty streaming movie app. That would not be beneficial to the connection.

He still has safe moves like PK Fire. I would also say nair is pretty safe even if it doesn't autocancel.

I don't know what was up with that lag, Solar. Anyone else want to play?

Ah, the almighty streaming movie app. That would not be beneficial to the connection.

It's no safer than any other neutral air is on crossup, and PK Fire is only as safe as any other projectile.

I'm just not getting any better at all.

Beats

Still don't know what to make of Ryu. And annoying that there aren't any major tournaments for months with the new characters.

CEO is coming up pretty soon with 512 entrants for Smash 4 and they're allowing the new characters. Not sure if anyone notable is using the new characters though. I think it's just EVO that's not letting them be used.

still blows me away to see how big these smash tournaments are/are getting.

Nah, it is because you don't play half the match charging Shadow Ball.

Yoshi is my main, and I used to play Lucario regularly, so I am glad I didn't end up losing with them.

Still looking to play.
Stop spending so much time getting hit by Shadow Ball. ;)

I don't know. I know all of the tricks. but Lucas is extremely difficult to manage. Nothing he does is safe.
Nair always autocancels.

Dair cancels off of a short hop.

PK Fire and Snake Tether are super safe.

He has lots of good options in any situation. Far safer than Ness, IMO.

None of his aerials autocancel and he has the laggiest grab in the game. None of his moves are safe. You can BE safe with perfect spacing, but he doesn't have any moves that are safe.
Lucas is almost Yoshi tier in safety, but his buttons take thought.

CEO is coming up pretty soon with 512 entrants for Smash 4 and they're allowing the new characters. Not sure if anyone notable is using the new characters though. I think it's just EVO that's not letting them be used.

still blows me away to see how big these smash tournaments are/are getting.
1) First Smash with playable netcode.
2) Bi-monthly balance patches.
3) Tons of character DLC.

That is power, my friend!

Lucas is almost Yoshi tier in safety, but his buttons take thought.
!

With that kind of qualifier, couldn't you say that every character but Bowser, DK, Ganondorf, and Charizard are "Yoshi-tier in safety?" "They're safe if you play perfectly." Well obviously. But if you can't haphazardly throw out a forward air or smashes the way Yoshi can, I don't see how that makes someone "Yoshi-tier" in safety. You also need to respect Yoshi more than he deserves sometimes, but I don't see how he warrants his own tier of safeness. I'd much rather be Rosalina tier safeness.

Ness is pretty safe other than PK Fire, I don't know where you're getting that idea. Again, I feel like they were afraid to make Lucas "too good." He has the most obvious weaknesses of the new characters, although I guess the only real oversight would be that his grab doesn't catch backdashes, which is ultra dumb.

Isn't it weird that it's so hard to find good Smash 4 gameplay even though the game is massive?

With that kind of qualifier, couldn't you say that every character but Bowser, DK, Ganondorf, and Charizard are "Yoshi-tier in safety?" "They're safe if you play perfectly." Well obviously. But if you can't haphazardly throw out a forward air or smashes the way Yoshi can, I don't see how that makes someone "Yoshi-tier" in safety. You also need to respect Yoshi more than he deserves sometimes, but I don't see how he warrants his own tier of safeness. I'd much rather be Rosalina tier safeness.

Ness is pretty safe other than PK Fire, I don't know where you're getting that idea. Again, I feel like they were afraid to make Lucas "too good." He has the most obvious weaknesses of the new characters, although I guess the only real oversight would be that his grab doesn't catch backdashes, which is ultra dumb.
Rosalina is so much easier to fight than Yoshi...though not for Greninja, haha. You need a good OoS option.

I think having super safe melee and ranged options is noteworthy. Few characters get both. If you can approach AND you get mixups off of your blocked approach, that is even more noteworthy. Lucas falls in that category.

Top Bottom