• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

GG's. The occassional lag was definitely my side, family started bugging me on what they started streaming. By PIkachu I already lost all focus.

Can never figure out Ike's range, and ZSS is always annoying to fight lol.

entremet

I really struggle with good Sonic players. All his moves are super safe and his air game is too good.

Anyone of you still playing on 3DS, or have you migrated to Wii U?

I really struggle with good Sonic players. All his moves are super safe and his air game is too good.

It's mostly Wii U here. Occasionally someone asks to play 3DS but they usually don't find someone to play against.

Fandangox

Everyone's mostly Wii U, but due to circustances I usually don't have access to my wii u so I play with the 3ds version when I can't.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well Karst I can now verify your Mewtwo teleport concern. There are definitely frames of vulnerability. I can halt his teleport to ledge recovery by just holding Jab as Meta Knight.

Mewtwo is so large it hits him from below as well. Disgusting.

Cronox

Banned
Some upsets at CEO right now. Mr. R (considered the prime candidate to challenge Zero) sent to losers by MVD, losing to Larry Lurr there. Dabuz in losers after meeting with ESAM. Zero set to meet up with ESAM next in bracket. Fuuuuu and now I have to go to sleep, It's close to 4am here :(

Lots of good matches happening right now. The best gathering of talent since Apex. Better than Apex, actually.

Some upsets in Melee too, Shroomed sent Mango to Losers.

JulianImp

Gah, didn't manage to sneak in any smash time today. The most I was able to do was watch a couple more Abadango videos to get more ideas for my Pac-Man play. The hydrant mini-game he creates and the creative uses he gets out of it sure are a thing to behold, and the time a trampoline saved him from a spike made me rethink my usage of side B over up B to get back onstage against certain characters.

After playing around with all of his custom moves, I'd say default Pac-Man is still the best. Custom fruits are only good at confusing people who aren't used to them, and nerf several of the better ones (Crazy Fruits is interesting, but it nerfs both bells and keys, which kind of sucks big time since they're two of Pac-Man's limited tools for scoring KOs), the default side B has great range without losing speed or KO power, default trampoline is good area denial that doesn't leave Pac-Man vulnerable for too long (meteor is worse in hindsight, since the high first bounce makes it easier to punish), and the fire and explosive hydrants don't lead to crazy area denial, set-ups and games nearly as much as the default one does.

Nami, maybe just PM Poltergust for matches sometime?

Does he even play online anymore? The conversation I had with him when he forfeited ranbats had him mentioning never having a good experience with online and random disconnects. This would also explain why he doesn't post here anymore.

What are their characters? Sorry if its asking too much. Been away for most of the day.

Top 8 winners:
Zero vs Esam (Diddy/Sheik vs. Pikachu)
MVD vs Nairo (Diddy vs. Zero Suit Samus)

Losers:
Dabuz vs Shaky (Rosalina vs. Ness)
NickRiddle vs Larry Lurr (Zero Suit Samus vs. Fox)

I believe I have them correct.

Oidisco

What are their characters? Sorry if its asking too much. Been away for most of the day.

Zero- Diddy and Sheik
Esam- Pikachu
MVD- Diddy, also has Duck Hunt and Little Mac that he might use
Nairo- ZSS, Dark Pit/Pit
Dabuz- Rosalina and Olimar
Larry Lurr- Fox
Nick Riddle- ZSS and Bowser I guess
Shaky- Ness

Best thing about this top 8, no Sonic!

Oidisco

I really really like Zero and think he's gonna win, but I'm rooting for Esam just because I want to see somebody finally beat Zero! I don't know how good Esam is at the Sheik matchup, but either way it should be a really fun set.

On the opposite end, Dabuz vs Shaky is just gonna be sad. Ness doesn't have a hope

Zero- Diddy and Sheik
Esam- Pikachu
MVD- Diddy, also has Duck Hunt and Little Mac that he might use
Nairo- ZSS, Dark Pit/Pit
Dabuz- Rosalina and Olimar
Larry Lurr- Fox
Nick Riddle- ZSS and Bowser I guess
Shaky- Ness

Best thing about this top 8, no Sonic!
So pretty much all top tier mains are in the top 8.. Lame sm4sh lame...

TWILT

Banned
As a fellow Pikachu user, I want Esam to win CEO so bad. ZeRo's probably gonna take the whole thing, but I want to be pleasantly surprised lol.

Along with her, Luigi, Shiek, and Fox. Other characters like Yoshi, Rosa and Captain Falcon can give him trouble, but those matchups are doable.

Other Sonic probably don't have problems with Dedede, but its so hard for me to face against him.

I guess I need to use Luigi more in the Sonic matchup. I need to use him more in general, but if he beats Sonic, then he is most important there. It would be nice if my Sheik weren't hot garbage. I disagree with you on the Yoshi matchup.

RomanceDawn

Can anyone send me some Mewtwo videos? Karticles?

Since my month absence I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I felt like I was understanding things with Mewtwo but now I just don't know what to do half the time against much of the case.

Can anyone send me some Mewtwo videos? Karticles?

Since my month absence I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I felt like I was understanding things with Mewtwo but now I just don't know what to do half the time against much of the case.
I would love to, but first I need to finish moving. :p

FSLink

Banned
Also I beat the #1 guy in our crew today with the Duck Hunt. With some weird reshuffling thanks to people beating people in the tourney we had today, I'm now 2nd overall in my crew. :D

Crayolan

UYit7C5.jpg

Sakurai even posed action figures for the render poses.

This is awesome.

Alright, good games Tipster. I don't think my Luigi has gotten better. I was just playing differently against Mega Man and it was kinda working. I did terrible against Roy. Fuck those smash attacks. I don't know how exactly my most hated match-up list goes, but Little Mac is up there with Ness, Lucas, and Sonic.

Alright, good games Tipster. I don't think my Luigi has gotten better. I was just playing differently against Mega Man and it was kinda working. I did terrible against Roy. Fuck those smash attacks. I don't know how exactly my most hated match-up list goes, but Little Mac is up there with Ness, Lucas, and Sonic.

Good games Nami. I think the fact that you were adjusting your Luigi's play style alone means you've gotten better with him! I'm just starting with Roy, but I like the feel of him. Has a bit of that Melee Marth in him.

Good stuff all around though. And great stage pick at the end there!

Top Bottom