• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Robiin

I'll miss ESAM vs Zero. But I'll hopefully be home by the time they play again in Grand Finals!

CEO has been so much fun to watch, the only player I don't like to watch that's still in the running is Dabuz. All respect to him, but seeing Rosalina play is so boring. Almost worse than all the Sonics.

RomanceDawn

I'll miss ESAM vs Zero. But I'll hopefully be home by the time they play again in Grand Finals!

CEO has been so much fun to watch, the only player I don't like to watch that's still in the running is Dabuz. All respect to him, but seeing Rosalina play is so boring. Almost worse than all the Sonics.

I see Melee on now. Has Smash4 started yet?

Cronox

Banned
So pretty much all top tier mains are in the top 8.. Lame sm4sh lame...

In top 32 there was [our boy] Poltergust with Yoshi/Luigi, Tyrant with Metaknight, KamiKario with Lucario, and probably some other people I missed and people off stream. There was actually some great character diversity in doubles on Friday.

Boney

Banned
In top 32 there was [our boy] Poltergust with Yoshi/Luigi, Tyrant with Metaknight, KamiKario with Lucario, and probably some other people I missed and people off stream. There was actually some great character diversity in doubles on Friday.
Anywhere to find the fights?

RomanceDawn

The matches in Melee are fast and frantic but man I just could not enjoy the small selection characters any more. Be it playing or watching.

Oidisco

I'm kinda surprised that I've been enjoying Smash 4 more than Melee at this tournament. I guess I've been playing 4 so much that I'm better appreciating how amazing players like Zero and Nairo are

leroidys

Question for Shamrock and anyone else dabbling with Lucas- How do you effectively punish? Having the worst grab in the game and no attacks that hit behind you, it's incredibly difficult to get hits in even when you have a hard read. Matchups against captain falcon are particularly bad, as I can't punish his fairs or rolls, and his jab comes out even faster than Lucas'. Any input is appreciated!

Already getting whining online at Anther's about Lucas PK Fire. lol.

I honestly believe it is just a result of Lucas and Ness annoyingly saying "PK FIRE" every time. Mario, Pika players, for example, throw much more fireballs/thunderbolts than any Ness or Lucas player does PK Fire.

Question for Shamrock and anyone else dabbling with Lucas- How do you effectively punish? Having the worst grab in the game and no attacks that hit behind you, it's incredibly difficult to get hits in even when you have a hard read. Matchups against captain falcon are particularly bad, as I can't punish his fairs or rolls, and his jab comes out even faster than Lucas'. Any input is appreciated!

When they short hop towards you, use pk fire. Use your snake tether to approach. One of Lucas' best, most underutilized moves I've seen in the game is his dair. It is pretty safe, throws people off, and eventually spikes so you can use it as a set up on the ground into other combos. Don't short hop the dair, too much landing lag. do a full jump Dair, but the range is good enough that it will still hit most characters on the ground by the last few hits. Your jab attack actually hits very close to the body, almost behind you. Nair is pretty unsafe, so be careful when you bust it out. Obviously you have to be smart with grab.

edit: your ftilt has very good range too.

Man, I'm pretty garbage at this game now... Not playing for a month did a number on me

Thanks!

Sometimes not playing for a long time helps once you get back into the groove of things. My splatoon break was the best thing ever. Sure coming back I was rusty but it killed off most of the bad habits. Sure I got new habits now but they aren't as bad as the old ones lol.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I did not know Lucas has the same grab range as Ganondorf.

I finally sent those replays to people.

Your move Nabster

1GgJN7R.png

1v1 anyone?

I will play a few. I sent you a request

Cronox

Banned
Melee top 8 is pretty hype. Disappointed two people (MacD, then Plup) choked when they were close to beating Mango, leaving Armada to finish the job. Like, they both had a "holy shit am I about to beat Mango" moment and lost. Mango didn't deserve to get as far as he did this tournament.

JulianImp

I think I might be able to play later at night (in about three or four hours). Maybe we could play a couple matches then, Shamrock7r?

Finally got a working ethernet adapter so I'd like to test it out soon against some people I had lag with before. I'm first going to watch the smash top 8 though.

Oidisco

Rooting for Nairo. He and Esam are probably the most fun to watch. Though honestly every match should be great besides Dabuz vs Shaky. I'm expecting to be horrible for Ness

Cronox

Banned
I kind of want Zero to win. He's been consistent for so long, there's something cool about saying that he's definitively the best in the world. But all great runs have to end eventually, and the recent patch puts him in a poor position.

Top Bottom