• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Amazing matches overall. Man, Zero is on a completely different level...
Loved watching Nairo, though. He's such a classy player.

EDIT: If Nairo barely held a candle to Zero, seriously, who can take the guy out? >_>

You know, I'm curious what's going to happen if Zero takes Evo. If he doesn't get dropped to even 2nd there he's bouncing to Melee, and now the rest of us will just have to fend for ourselves for a while. How will the meta develop from then on?

I'm of the opinion that all she needs is weakened needles and less I-frames on up-B. It's hard to balance her without sending her to the low-tier abyss.

Edit: Jesus Nairo is playing for the bounty :O
She also has the best roll in the game by miles. Bowser can hardly Fortress punish her roll on reaction.

Nerf the roll and her needles, and then see how she is. Maybe swap her weight with Mewtwo's. ;)

Nabster92

Amazing matches overall. Man, Zero is on a completely different level...
Loved watching Nairo, though. He's such a classy player.

EDIT: If Nairo barely held a candle to Zero, seriously, who can take the guy out? >_>

Dabuz didn't get a chance at Zero in the tourney. I think he's also much more comfortable with the Sheik matchup. But even if he did beat Nairo or Esam and played against Zero instead, everyone would still probably root against him because apparently Luma fucked everyone's mother so nobody likes Rosa :(

You know, I'm curious what's going to happen if Zero takes Evo. If he doesn't get dropped to even 2nd there he's bouncing to Melee, and now the rest of us will just have to fend for ourselves for a while. How will the meta develop from then on?

Zero has said he is going to melee if he wins Evo?

Dabuz didn't get a chance at Zero in the tourney. I think he's also much more comfortable with the Sheik matchup. But even if he did beat Nairo or Esam and played against Zero instead, everyone would still probably root against him because apparently Luma fucked everyone's mother so nobody likes Rosa :(

You're damn right that nobody likes Rosalina. Feel the pain of everybody hating your character. We can be a club of 2.

Oidisco

Yea, I think Leffen challenged to focus on Melee if he wins Evo. Zero agreed, and at this point it's almost inevitable.
Zero has mentioned that he isn't motivated to practice Smash 4 simply because there's no one that really challenges him, and Melee will give him that challenge.

Yea, I think Leffen challenged to focus on Melee if he wins Evo. Zero agreed, and at this point it's almost inevitable.
Zero has mentioned that he isn't motivated to practice Smash 4 simply because there's no one that really challenges him, and Melee will give him that challenge.

Lol, he doesn't even give the game a year.

Anyone want to play?

Cronox

Banned
I don't think all low percentage kills are undeserved. PK2 for example, is not really easy to hit and is incredibly punishable. I understand with some characters it's a little ridiculous (see Roy)

It's not that they're undeserved, it's just that certain characters have tricks to basically skip the part where they get an opponent to 100%+ before they can kill. Early leads really smart in Smash 4, if there's anything I'd advocate it's that rage not activate until last stock (assuming a 2 stock game). I'd be interested in seeing any statistics about how often the first person to take a stock wins the match, in tournament play. I'd guess 75% or more of the time. It's just such a huge advantage unless the other player immediately lands a kill and resets the situation.

About Zero, what I find interesting is how generally solid he is. He almost never falls for character gimmicks. You can't ledge trump him. You can't PK thunder 2 him. And for all the times Nairo hit him with ZSS' up b he got what, 2 or 3 stocks off it in 2 best-of-5 sets? He knows the DI for things other people don't, no one is going to be making a gfycat of Zero getting combo'd anytime soon.

My sense (and I could be completely wrong) of the matches with Nairo is, Zero wanted to play more aggressively but would get punished for it (losing the first game of the set), then backed off and slowed it down - choosing his punishes to win the set. I think Zero wanted to be as aggressive with Sheik as he was with prepatch Diddy, but that's not as possible with Sheik's toolset.

You're damn right that nobody likes Rosalina. Feel the pain of everybody hating your character. We can be a club of 2.
I like Rosalina. :)

Just a small tweak and she is fine.

I'd rather play 1v1 so I can practice Ryu.

I don't know what will happen after EVO and if Sheik even gets nerfed, but I really hope more characters get a chance. We've been seeing Luigi/ Fox/ Captain Falcon/ Sheik far too much.

G.ZZZ

Tbh i don't want Sheik to be nerfed. Most other chars should be buffed instead, so we can get a faster game. I'm afraid nerfing Sheik which already has trouble killing in a lot of games would make her games just unbearably slow. I'd rather have significantly buffs over the rest of the cast.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So on the subject of Ranbats 2 people have not done any matches while SalvaPot only did one.

So I guess Bracket 4 is over and done with.

JulianImp

Reached out for forward B, but I ended up doing a very shallow up B FTL.

Grabs are almost riskier than smash attacks for poor old Pac-Man.

Karsticles, with all due respect I'd like to resign from this season's ranbats. I fully understand that this will get me banned for next season, but I don't think I have the time to play on a scheduled basis for a while as I focus on playing with my local scene more and building up tournament experience. I'll definitely play with GAF still, but I'd rather do it on my own time.

Also, I haven't played any of my ranbats matches anyway so nobody's really affected. Feel free to demote me, I'll be back in August! >:D

Okay then. That last match really choked right at the end for some reason, though. I had to jump back to make sure I wouldn't do anything stupid.

Me! I'd be up for some Pac-Man dittos plus other stuff.

Sweet, getting on now. NNID = Shamrock7r

I'd like to play some of my other characters first to see what your Pac does, then I will go Pac Man. Dittos don't really tell you the story.

Oidisco

GGs despite how shit I am. I cannot even beat the lowest of low tier characters.

I was just gonna say one more, but then you left! That ending was unfortunate.

Anyways good games dude. I honestly don't know how to deal with Yoshi, so I brought out Samus since atleast it made it easier for me to deal with the eggs. I didn't even bother with Marth, since I didn't think it'd work out well for me.

JulianImp

Sweet, getting on now. NNID = Shamrock7r

I'd like to play some of my other characters first to see what your Pac does, then I will go Pac Man. Dittos don't really tell you the story.

Okay then. Hosted. I probably will have to leave in a match or two, though, since it's almost dinnertime.

Top Bottom