• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I was just gonna say one more, but then you left! That ending was unfortunate.

Anyways good games dude. I honestly don't know how to deal with Yoshi, so I brought out Samus since atleast it made it easier for me to deal with the eggs. I didn't even bother with Marth, since I didn't think it'd work out well for me.

I did better against Boney's Samus the other day. You seem a lot less experienced with her, but I just couldn't land the kill. There is something wrong when I start continuously spiking you on the stage with dair because you are at 180%+.

You were winning quite a bit, so I wouldn't say you don't know how to deal with Yoshi. You destroyed me in some of those Roy matches. Zelda seems to be able to follow up all her moves with a neutral B and I couldn't punish that, especially not with Luigi who slides to the blast zone after shielding a smash attack.

Oidisco

I did better against Boney's Samus the other day. You seem a lot less experienced with her, but I just couldn't land the kill. There is something wrong when I start continuously spiking you on the stage with dair because you are at 180%+.

You were winning quite a bit, so I wouldn't say you don't know how to deal with Yoshi. You destroyed me in some of those Roy matches. Zelda seems to be able to follow up all her moves with a neutral B and I couldn't punish that, especially not with Luigi who slides to the blast zone after shielding a smash attack.

Yea I don't really use Samus at all though I'm actually pretty good with her in certain matchups, but Yoshi isn't one of those. I didn't use bombs enough, and I keep forgetting that zair exists. I have some setups for landing charge shot by using bombs, but I haven't really practiced it much in last couple weeks.

In the last match that I used Roy, I kinda went crazy because I got super annoyed that I died to custom move crap. Having Super Armour on his up-B when used on the ground is amazing, really helps him out when under pressure..

And I feel like I've gotten a little better at fighting Yoshi, but you're the only Yoshi main I've played so I don't really have much experience fighting him.

JulianImp

That is the worst Pac Man stage ever. Worst stage in general actually

It screws up fruit throws if you aren't careful, but it also messes with opponents and straight-shooting projectiles.

Good games. I guess the skill difference shows. Still, any particular reason why you like the fire hydrant over the default one?

It screws up fruit throws if you aren't careful, but it also messes with opponents and straight-shooting projectiles.

Good games. I guess the skill difference shows. Still, any particular reason why you like the fire hydrant over the default one?

Nice Pac. You seem to not take advantage of the later fruits except for key. Bell is one of the best ones man!

I chose the Fire Hydrant based on the matchup. The water doesn't really do much in a pac vs pac matchup. There are matchups where I prefer the water hydrant though.

Yea I don't really use Samus at all though I'm actually pretty good with her in certain matchups, but Yoshi isn't one of those. I didn't use bombs enough, and I keep forgetting that zair exists. I have some setups for landing charge shot by using bombs, but I haven't really practiced it much in last couple weeks.

In the last match that I used Roy, I kinda went crazy because I got super annoyed that I died to custom move crap. Having Super Armour on his up-B when used on the ground is amazing, really helps him out when under pressure..

And I feel like I've gotten a little better at fighting Yoshi, but you're the only Yoshi main I've played so I don't really have much experience fighting him.

Yoshi's customs are extremely fair compared to most other characters. The one I was using is pretty much the only worthwhile one to use. It doesn't usually kill by itself but a b-reverse in the air will do that to Roy unless you get out very early. The default ones combos into kills too, and it gives guaranteed damage, so there are downsides.

You and Wynd are the only Zelda's I have played, except for Tipster last night. I've only just played Wynd for the first time not too long ago, so it has mostly been you. I have very little experience against her. Her smashes are really annoying with being multi-hit moves that take longer to end when shielded. Her neutral B shuts down many approaches and comes out right after many moves. She is supposed to be low tier, but I don't know how to beat her.

Anyone know the best way to fix/clean a GameCube controller? My L button stopped working for a little bit on the one I have been using for all my Smash Wii U experience, but it started working again. I have never opened it up or cleaned the buttons, so it may just be dirty. My second GC controller is dirty from either my 8 year old self or from other young people. The buttons feel sticky on that controller :(

Cyberman, you want to do our ranbats after you are done with Shamrock?

GGs Cyber.

Unfortunately you played me after I played Flux. Did terrible in our set so I calmed down and rediscovered my Sonic strategy, heh.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I just got wrecked by SalvaPot's Yoshi.

0-5 his favor.

And of course when he leaves an opening for a Flying Slam he can still dodge the damn thing anyway at point blank range.

I don't like Yoshi.

Oh well.

I think half my deaths were spike cheese because I'm too fat.

Just had a very hard match against a Villager on Anther's. If my up-smash didn't hit at he end, his bowling ball would've and I would've been dead. I don't see how anyone can like playing Villager. You use three aerials and a side-B and that is 90% of your move output.

Cyberman, you up for ranbats now?

Oidisco

Yoshi's customs are extremely fair compared to most other characters. The one I was using is pretty much the only worthwhile one to use. It doesn't usually kill by itself but a b-reverse in the air will do that to Roy unless you get out very early. The default ones combos into kills too, and it gives guaranteed damage, so there are downsides.

You and Wynd are the only Zelda's I have played, except for Tipster last night. I've only just played Wynd for the first time not too long ago, so it has mostly been you. I have very little experience against her. Her smashes are really annoying with being multi-hit moves that take longer to end when shielded. Her neutral B shuts down many approaches and comes out right after many moves. She is supposed to be low tier, but I don't know how to beat her.

Anyone know the best way to fix/clean a GameCube controller? My L button stopped working for a little bit on the one I have been using for all my Smash Wii U experience, but it started working again. I have never opened it up or cleaned the buttons, so it may just be dirty. My second GC controller is dirty from either my 8 year old self or from other young people. The buttons feel sticky on that controller :(

Cyberman, you want to do our ranbats after you are done with Shamrock?

Yea I don't think Yoshi's customs are that bad really. It's just in general customs annoy me.

I can't speak too much on Tipster, but for me Neutral B is a panic button of sorts and I think for Wynd too. When I'm in a situation I don't like and feel dodging or rolling will just make things worse, I use neutral B. It usually works out for me since a lot of people don't know how to punish it. It has it's other uses ofcourse, but that seems to be the major one.
Most Zeldas use it the same way. So how I deal with it is I attack, stop and wait for the neutral b, then punish. It's a little harder for Luigi as you said, but I'm sure he can punish it somehow.

It's also good for punishing rolls, so conditioning a Zelda player into thinking that you're gonna roll towards them is a good way to bait and punish it.

Just had a very hard match against a Villager on Anther's. If my up-smash didn't hit at he end, his bowling ball would've and I would've been dead. I don't see how anyone can like playing Villager. You use three aerials and a side-B and that is 90% of your move output.

Cyberman, you up for ranbats now?
Yeah, sure. You can host. I'll ban BF and Delfino.

Have an alt for Yoshi now.

Welp I just signed up for Anther's so let's see how that goes

Anyone willing to try a 1v1 and see if my connection stopped being an ass today?

Monster Zero

Haven't popped in here in a bit, if anyone from bracket 4 wanna do their matches, I'll be available all day today and tomorrow to know em out. Or just message me to set then up. I see some new faces here, anyone wanna fight?

GGs Cyberman. What was that, 5-3? I believe I lost to Meta Knight and then Sonic twice. In my opinion, you would've won if you went Sonic for all the matches. Did Meta Knight work on other Yoshi players you have faced? Either way, I am going down to bracket 2 next season. No way I beat Nabster xD

GGs Cyberman. What was that, 5-3? I believe I lost to Meta Knight and then Sonic twice. In my opinion, you would've won if you went Sonic for all the matches. Did Meta Knight work on other Yoshi players you have faced? Either way, I am going down to bracket 2 next season. No way I beat Nabster xD
Yeah, it was against another Yoshi player named Raptor that I used him against and did pretty solid. I feel like I could punish him a lot faster with MK, but I guess I was wrong.

Was very fun regardless, though. :p

Yeah, it was against another Yoshi player named Raptor that I used him against and did pretty solid. I feel like I could punish him a lot faster with MK, but I guess I was wrong.

Was very fun regardless, though. :p

Oh wow. I assumed Raptor was better with Yoshi than me. He most likely is, just different playstyles give different results.

You're welcome, Tipster :p

Top Bottom