• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Erekiddo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NeoNess, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MewtwoSSB4.jpg

x0NgVuQ.png
Mewtwo SSB 3DS DLC Code -- MB-D858F2D7EC598EC9

t1435614384z1.png

Good luck.

Good games. Zelda is slow, so Lucas doesn't have a hard time finding the right spacing against her.

Ryu, though, can't seem to get any luck. People initially thought Hadouken sucks, but it has a ton of hitstun so it can easily lead into landing punishes if he hits someone with it in the air. Doesn't matter when Zelda can reflect all of them though.

Good games. Zelda is slow, so Lucas doesn't have a hard time finding the right spacing against her.

Ryu, though, can't seem to get any luck. People initially thought Hadouken sucks, but it has a ton of hitstun so it can easily lead into landing punishes if he hits someone with it in the air. Doesn't matter when Zelda can reflect all of them though.

Dealing with faster characters as a Zelda is almost entirely reliant on matchup knowledge. Knowing how to bait the approaches that can be punished or knowing how to punish multiple approaches really helps. Going in blind as a Zelda is practically expecting to lose.

FSLink

Banned
GGs FSLink. Man... that DHD with those customs is basically a wall. Hard to get around. Your Lucas is looking nice too!

Oh, back. I guess you had to go, lol, went to grab my controller from my car, I kept missing pivot grabs with the other one I was using....or maybe I'm just playing rusty today.

Either way ggs, I need to play more Ness dittos with you.

Oh, back. I guess you had to go, lol, went to grab my controller from my car, I kept missing pivot grabs with the other one I was using....or maybe I'm just playing rusty today.

Either way ggs, I need to play more Ness dittos with you.

For sure.

We can play later. I just have a short attention span so I need periodic breaks when I feel like I am about to go brain dead, heh, and with some of your characters I have to be paying very close attention to everything going on or I will lose.
I remember fighting his custom DHD on battlefield with Dedede. Never again.

Yea. With some characters that seems almost impossible to break through a DHD staying under the left or right platform with those customs. I am lucky the characters I was using was able to cope. Required a lot of patience and awareness though.

For sure.

Yea. With some characters that seems almost impossible to break through a DHD staying under the left or right platform with those customs. I am lucky the characters I was using was able to cope. Required a lot of patience and awareness though.

Yup. I could force through them with Wario's bike to get close, but approaching with Dedede was a nightmare.

Good luck.
Such a nice gesture, though I bought him already. >.<;;;

So I'm beginning to get the hang of Charizard, and getting up close without fleeing in general. I'm wondering if I should keep using ez Roy or not. Anyone have ideas? Also also, my Ike has improved thanks to a small break resetting my habits. :)

So I'm beginning to get the hang of Charizard, and getting up close without fleeing in general. I'm wondering if I should keep using ez Roy or not. Anyone have ideas? Also also, my Ike has improved thanks to a small break resetting my habits. :)

Stop using Roy. Too many people use him.

We need less Roys....<_____<

Jk, I do need more matchup experience vs Roy/melee marth though.

I do wonder what will happen if Miiverse and Dreamland will be legal. I mean if you only get two bans, a DK is guaranteed a three platform setup.

Miiverse should be treated the same as the Omega stages I say. At least Dreamland has the wind to differentiate it.

JulianImp

Nice Pac. You seem to not take advantage of the later fruits except for key. Bell is one of the best ones man!

I chose the Fire Hydrant based on the matchup. The water doesn't really do much in a pac vs pac matchup. There are matchups where I prefer the water hydrant though.

Thanks! I was hit by a power outage shortly after we finished playing, so I guess the matches would've been cut off either way. I'll have to see if power's back when I come home from work.

You're absolutely right that I never use the galaxian or the bell, and melons only rarely. Would you have any tips for getting the most out of them?

I kind of feel like my mindgames and reads are decent when I'm the one applying pressure, but when things turn around my defensive game really lets me down. While walking and jumping around to properly space myself might be a viable strategy (thank you based Sonic), I think my shield skills are very lacking (OOS nairs? shield grabs? what's that?). Did you see things that way as well, or is it just a skewed intrepretation I have of my own playing habits?

If memory serves right, Magius Necros (I always mix up his username with someone else, so sorry if I got it wrong). It was in Ranbats too I think.

Stick with Charizard. Nobody plays as him, and you are very good with him
Thanks! That means a lot coming from you. I'm trying to be Ricky's US counterpart. :p

Also all I remember of Boney's Charizard is his stupid Dragon Rush custom that I keep walking into because we have a half-second input delay. :(
I mean... they're not my mains...

You're like the only Greninja player here who doesn't want to kill themself after playing him, I think you're good with who you use. :)

Not trying to throw shade to you Snacks, just saying you can be a very unhappy sea lion sometimes.

Boney

Banned
Seems we got disconnected

Edit: or not
Guess you switched rooms, oh well, I'll forever be salty for the mother boys, too many good options against samus

JulianImp

Alright. The room is up.

Cyberman or FluxWaveZ, what am I supposed to do as Luigi to beat Sonic? Even a shitty homing attack spammer on For Glory almost beat me. I know I am supposed to spot dodge it, but it is hard...

• Shield and punish the bounce (somewhat hard, but Sonic doesn't get to act all that soon out of it, and his horizontal momentum is a bit limited right after the bounce)
  • Jump and air dodge so that Sonic moves parallel to the ground and then gets stuck in the attack's downright AWFUL landing lag (free grab for you at the very least, and maybe an up B)
  • Remember that the attack kind of homes into your character's back, so it tends to curve over you if you are looking at Sonic
  • Try greeting him with a nair/bair if the trade would lead into a KO opportunity
  • Short hop and lob a fireball at his face, which he'll probably end up crashing into (depending on your position, which affects HA's trajectory)

Top Bottom