• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Gah, I just had to post it to realize that the connection will be in use for a while, so lag would probably be too much to play reliably.

As of late, I just have to say "okay, I guess I'll play Smash now" for some random event to ruin my plans every single time. Sigh...

Edit: I swear, why do my posts keep lining themselves up with page ends?

I saw your advice earlier on dealing with homing attack. I will try to put some it to use, but stuff is so hard to punish with Luigi. Thanks.

Captain Rage Quit 69

Do you know what I should be doing as Luigi when against Sonic?

Can I get a list of noob friendly OP characters? Coming from SF/KOF, I'm still adjusting to the mechanics and need characters to start with. I tried using Sheik and she's just not that fun to use. Getting whooped doesn't help tho heh

FluxWaveZ

Can I get a list of noob friendly OP characters? Coming from SF/KOF, I'm still adjusting to the mechanics and need characters to start with. I tried using Sheik and she's just not that fun to use. Getting whooped doesn't help tho heh

The beauty of SSB4 is there aren't really any characters like that. The closest would have probably been Diddy Kong, but I don't know where he's at after the nerfs. Right now, all I could think of is I guess Zero Suit Samus and Captain Falcon, for characters that are fairly easy to pick up and do well with from the outset.

Throwing fireballs sounds alright.

What about when the Sonic jumps over the fireballs or gets close? I cannot chase him as Luigi and I cannot punish unless I powershield.

Mario, Captain Falcon, and Roy are all pretty easy to do decent with.

GGS, time for my ranbats match.

GGs. Some of those Luigi kills were downright mean :p

I would stick to using Mario if you're trying to learn the basic fundamentals and mechanics of the game. He's very straight forward and pretty easy to pick up.

I'd actually suggest Mario. He's like literally the middle of everything and isn't too shabby to boot. Problem with picking OP from the get go is that people become reliant on using a top tier char. Also OP doesn't always mean newb friendly. Try single player stuff and try everyone out. Sometimes finding a favorite helps speed up the learning process.

FluxWaveZ

If it's about the ranbats I dropped out. Sorry.

I'll be able to play maybe tomorrow though so there's that. :)

Ah, well alright then.

Wait, you mean you dropped out of the ranbats, right? If so, that means I've done all my matches.

What about when the Sonic jumps over the fireballs or gets close? I cannot chase him as Luigi and I cannot punish unless I powershield.

I don't really have experience fighting Sonics except for with Sonic, and in those cases it's pretty easy for me to deal with certain situations. I guess whether it's Luigi or any other character that doesn't have a lot of mobility, it's about having a lot of patience and analyzing Sonic's movements, finding holes and capitalizing when they screw up.

Nabster92

Mario, Captain Falcon, and Roy are all pretty easy to do decent with.

GGs. Some of those Luigi kills were downright mean :p

Interested in doing our ranbats tonight?

Ah, well alright then.

Wait, you mean you dropped out of the ranbats, right? If so, that means I've done all my matches.
Yep, I am disqualified. I'll have to work my way up again later on, but oh well. Still, whenever you find me available I'm open to friendlies, you and Cyberman are the only two Sonics I fight regularly and I rarely play either of you.

Now back to researching Charizard properties.

I don't really have experience fighting Sonics except for with Sonic, and in those cases it's pretty easy for me to deal with certain situations. I guess whether it's Luigi or any other character that doesn't have a lot of mobility, it's about having a lot of patience and analyzing Sonic's movements, finding holes and capitalizing when they screw up.

Ahh, okay. I was just asking since apparently Luigi wins in the matchup, but it seems pretty difficult for me.

Interested in doing our ranbats tonight?

Sure. I will just have to break my Green Mario Monday rule because I will for sure lose with Luigi.
If you let me in I get to stay in bracket 1, and you would just need to beat Shamrock xD

Thanks for the responses ya'll. I just wanna beat my friends who's been playin smash for a while haha. i like MM and rosalina but they're not noob friendly.

JulianImp

I saw your advice earlier on dealing with homing attack. I will try to put some it to use, but stuff is so hard to punish with Luigi. Thanks.

Do you know what I should be doing as Luigi when against Sonic?

If you want I could dust off my Sonic the next time we play. It might not be all that good after not using him for so long, but I can probably manage better than that homing attack spammer you spoke about. He's the character that made me realize just how important spacing was, after all.

...If my younger self saw me right now, he'd probably get awfully mad at me for offering to help somebody else figure out how to beat me. I guess I'm finally letting go off of that toxic single-minded competitiveness I used to have, and that makes me kind of happy.

If you want I could dust off my Sonic the next time we play. It might not be all that good after not using him for so long, but I can probably manage better than that homing attack spammer you spoke about. He's the character that made me realize just how important spacing was, after all.

...If my younger self saw me right now, he'd probably get awfully mad at me for offering to help somebody else figure out how to beat me. I guess I'm finally letting go off of that toxic single-minded competitiveness I used to have, and that makes me kind of happy.

Sure. There aren't many Sonics despite how annoying and good he is, so any Sonic is generally helpful.

It is okay. You're not showing me how to beat your main. I will never show anyone how to beat my Sheik.
Everyone already knows how :(
TWILT! Where is your avatar from? Love the style.

Also, any one interested in a 2v2?

I guess if we can get 2 more. Nabster looks to be busy with Cyberman, so I don't know if we will be doing ranbats.

JulianImp

Sure. There aren't many Sonics despite how annoying and good he is, so any Sonic is generally helpful.

It is okay. You're not showing me how to beat your main. I will never show anyone how to beat my Sheik.
Everyone already knows how :(

How to beat Sheik? Does it include hacking the game to nerf her into oblivion?

I've also explained my general tactics and what I think works and doesn't work for Pac-Man as I played him, so it isn't like I care about protecting my main's secrets, either. After all, smarter opponents means that I can get rid of the unfair advantage I'd have against people who don't know how my main works (since that isn't a luxury you should expect to have if you ever get into high-level play), and I can go back to struggling and perfecting my Pac-Man play against opponents who won't fall for overly simple tricks simply because they don't know any better.

Why does that keep happening cyber?
I think I need a new LAN adapter. Even if it moves a little bit, I get disconnected from it. Probably should stop for tonight.

But, GGs! Saved a lot of the replays so I can watch them and learn some stuff. Glad that you're anti-airing me a lot more than before, you were able to control a lot of the match with that and other stuff. Starting to feel iffy on this matchup now. Appreciate the matches.

Nabster92

I think I need a new LAN adapter. Even if it moves a little bit, I get disconnected from it. Probably should stop for tonight.

But, GGs! Saved a lot of the replays so I can watch them and learn some stuff. Glad that you're anti-airing me a lot more than before, you were able to control a lot of the match with that and other stuff. Starting to feel iffy on this matchup now. Appreciate the matches.

Ah, I see. Yea GG's! Didn't actually save many replays myself because I always forget, but I did save that 4% 2 stock huehuehue.

Top Bottom