• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Cronox

Banned
Bowser doesn't need to. He does really well against Little Mac since Fortress puts him in a unique position to punish everything Little Mac does. I can't remember the last time I lost to a Little Mac using Bowser.

Mewtwo...I am still figuring that matchup out, but Confusion is my #1 tool there so far.

I feel like you haven't played Tipster's Little Mac in a while from what you're saying here. Mac's fsmash (especially charged, and Mac has no reason not to charge against Bowser, that's a 50:50 in his favor) pushes Bowser so far away on shield that fortress isn't an option, and Mac can go into jabs or ftilt so fast that the window to punish is surprisingly small. Would love to see some replays of you beating Tipster in that matchup to see what you do differently...

GGs! Please pick characters that don't turn the game in an obstacle course. Thanks.

But seriously, great Luigi. He's such a hard match-up for Dedede so I love the practice against him.

Gotta fight spikes will fire.

Thanks. If you're wondering why I didn't switch, it is because I am adopting a new system. Today is Green Mario Monday, so only Luigi can be played. Tomorrow is Terrible Tuesday, so of course Yoshi will be played. Wednesday will be Sheik, no special name for that.

JulianImp

I've been watching a couple more Abadango replays, and it's kind of funny how his opponents in JP tournaments often pick characters that aren't seen nearly as often in US footage (DHD and Jiggs, for example). While I kind of like seeing how he fights common high-tiers, it's also a great help to see how he tackles other characters since I'm probably not at the level where tier match-up knowledge matters as much as seeing what Pac-Man can do against different opponents.

I also saw a match where he used Mewtwo, but from my limited knowledge of the character he didn't seem to be all that good with it. Here's the replay in case anyone's interested (Karst maybe?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7hc2uQz5eg

I feel like you haven't played Tipster's Little Mac in a while from what you're saying here. Mac's fsmash (especially charged, and Mac has no reason not to charge against Bowser, that's a 50:50 in his favor) pushes Bowser so far away on shield that fortress isn't an option, and Mac can go into jabs or ftilt so fast that the window to punish is surprisingly small. Would love to see some replays of you beating Tipster in that matchup to see what you do differently...
I don't think I have ever played Tipster's Little Mac outside of doubles, and I always use Mewtwo in doubles.

Yeah, you can't punish fsmash, but Little Mac won't be opening you up with Fsmash, either. Fire Breath helps a lot. Bowser and Little Mac get into lots of staredowns, but Fire Breath forces Little Mac to approach. Bowser has no reason to approach in this matchup.

Once Little Mac is in, Bowser just needs to shield and Fortress a lot. If Little Mac charges Fsmash, there are tons of options.

If Little Mac didn't have the KO punch, I would say it is heavily in Bowser's favor.

Thulius

GGs Snacks. Still don't feel like I have any idea how to fight Lucas with anyone other than Greninja.

Also I ate a lot of up-B shoryus at 100%+ that would've killed if they were manual inputs, so that's definitely something you gotta work on. cr.MK xx hadouken is as good in this game as it is in SF. "Sour" spot Fair does stupid shield damage and sets up for whatever you want on hit so try to cross up with that more. Both Utilts are ridiculous anti-airs that I didn't see you using much.

Focus attack is weird and it's still really hard to say what is and isn't a good use of it outside of recovery. You got punished for it a lot but I can't really blame you for experimenting.

GGs Snacks. Still don't feel like I have any idea how to fight Lucas with anyone other than Greninja.

Also I ate a lot of up-B shoryus at 100%+ that would've killed if they were manual inputs, so that's definitely something you gotta work on. cr.MK xx hadouken is as good in this game as it is in SF. "Sour" spot Fair does stupid shield damage and sets up for whatever you want on hit so try to cross up with that more. Both Utilts are ridiculous anti-airs that I didn't see you using much.

Focus attack is weird and it's still really hard to say what is and isn't a good use of it outside of recovery. You got punished for it a lot but I can't really blame you for experimenting.

I always do manual input on the ground. It's only doing it out of jab combos that's difficult.

JulianImp

I am going to go ahead and run an errand. Maybe when I get back?

Gah, I just had to post it to realize that the connection will be in use for a while, so lag would probably be too much to play reliably.

As of late, I just have to say "okay, I guess I'll play Smash now" for some random event to ruin my plans every single time. Sigh...

Edit: I swear, why do my posts keep lining themselves up with page ends?

Top Bottom