• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

TWILT

Banned
Good games, Beats! Fun matches as always; played a lot more variety characters than I thought I would haha. Pretty fun matches all around.

I'm so free to Ganondorf's Side B lol. I was trying to just stand up regularly to avoid getting chain grabbed like that, but you caught on pretty quick lol.

Beats

Good games, Beats! Fun matches as always; played a lot more variety characters than I thought I would haha. Pretty fun matches all around.

I'm so free to Ganondorf's Side B lol. I was trying to just stand up regularly to avoid getting chain grabbed like that, but you caught on pretty quick lol.

Good games TWILT! I wasn't feeling Roy/ZSS today, so I switched around a bit. Sorry about the sibe-b kills offstage with Ganondorf, but you kept trying to gimp me so I had to. : p

Teching it is more of a crap shoot than anything in my opinion.

yeah, it's weird. The timing is pretty tight. It should be untechable though (along with every other spike). It's more annoying with down airs or whatever because the moves can be unsafe on hit if you knock the opponent down on stage and they tech it. `-`

RomanceDawn

Hey mister that was fun! Good games!

I don't know what was up with my Bowser today but at least I performed well with everyone else including Mewtwo.

Oh yeah, you were really aggressive against Charizard so thats the best we to handle fast characters like Fox. Well if I can catch them anyway. Do you play to many Charizards? If you get really aggressive with certain attacks be ready for it.

You're literally like the second serious Charizard I've played in months.

Anyways, anyone wants a couple more 1v1s before bed?

Edit: Eh probably better not

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
3121 or 3123 are the ones I use the most. I like 3111 against Fox, Sheik, and Pikachu just for the extra recovery.

His focus is mostly on Zig zag can. That can lock down most characters if used right. Thats not to say that he dosent use the other skills masterfully though. Probably the best DHD we have.

Thanks! I would love to see video of you playing DHD. Send it to me when you could!

Fandangox

Is anyone else annoyed by that "mechanic" where if you jump right next to the opponent your jump seems to be a lot higher than usual? I am not even sure if its an actual thing or I am imagining it, but sometimes when trying to short hop an aereal I ollie outtie to the sky.

Kyzon

Is anyone else annoyed by that "mechanic" where if you jump right next to the opponent your jump seems to be a lot higher than usual? I am not even sure if its an actual thing or I am imagining it, but sometimes when trying to short hop an aereal I ollie outtie to the sky.

Phantom Footstools (that's what I call em, lol)

Happens to me alot with Samus and its frustrating. :p

I think Phamtom Footsools is an actual good name for this lol

Its super frustrating with shulk because his aereals are useful, but not if the game shoots you 20 feets high.

I wonder what was the reason for this mechanic to exist.

It's just a normal footstool when your opponent is doing an action. It gives you the normal footstool height but doesn't put them into tumble.

It's great for when trying to recover when out of jumps and your opponent is off stage with you.

Third video ever period, so bear with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6seihmhg0o&feature=youtu.be

Did a two way recording, where I used my camera to capture the video, and hooked my Wii U up into the mic port of my PC to record the audio (since audio off the camera is... bleh). I'd say it worked fairly well, but I do need to see if there's a way to prevent that unsightly grid effect.

I nailed a RIDICULOUS Gordo counter for the first KO, which is what made me upload the video to begin with because it was a jaw dropping moment for me, but I'd totally love any pointers you guys have.

Thulius

Re: "Phantom" footstools; you can still short hop them to get a smaller jump, but since you don't get the startup animation when someone's in the middle of an action the timing is a lot tighter. Just gotta be more precise in those situations.

Did a two way recording, where I used my camera to capture the video, and hooked my Wii U up into the mic port of my PC to record the audio (since audio off the camera is... bleh). I'd say it worked fairly well, but I do need to see if there's a way to prevent that unsightly grid effect.

I nailed a RIDICULOUS Gordo counter for the first KO, which is what made me upload the video to begin with because it was a jaw dropping moment for me, but I'd totally love any pointers you guys have.
Nice match.

Your Peach feels rather impatient and overly aggressive, and that Dedede...was not good. Did you watch that Peach gameplay I linked to last week?

Nice match.

Your Peach feels rather impatient and overly aggressive, and that Dedede...was not good. Did you watch that Peach gameplay I linked to last week?
The Dedede did make a lot of mistakes, but the previous match he had done quite a bit better. I think I might have a better video I can use, this one was more about the awesome Gordo slap haha.

I didn't see the video, no. I've been having a lot going on, with little time to actual smash, so I actually dont spend a lot of time in this thread anyway. Im usually only in here when I am actually playing and looking for a match, as the thread moves WAY too fast otherwise.

I have a lot of difficulty noticing patterns in gameplay, which makes it difficult for me to learn this stuff, which is probably why I'm still overly aggressive and making stupid mistakes. But, I'll check out that video if you relink it.

Are you done moving?
Nope. :(

Yesterday was spent setting the pool up. Had to cart 750 lbs of sand to the back yard. Today is about setting up curtains and electronics.

Oh yeah, and I have figure out a good budget sound system for my TV. These speakers are over 15 years old...

The Dedede did make a lot of mistakes, but the previous match he had done quite a bit better. I think I might have a better video I can use, this one was more about the awesome Gordo slap haha.

I didn't see the video, no. I've been having a lot going on, with little time to actual smash, so I actually dont spend a lot of time in this thread anyway. Im usually only in here when I am actually playing and looking for a match, as the thread moves WAY too fast otherwise.

I have a lot of difficulty noticing patterns in gameplay, which makes it difficult for me to learn this stuff, which is probably why I'm still overly aggressive and making stupid mistakes. But, I'll check out that video if you relink it.
Peach loses this one, but check out how she uses the low float:

https://youtu.be/CtugoqYmvbY

That Dedede just wasn't playing the character right at all. Not once did he use his multijumps for mindgames.

Nope. :(

Yesterday was spent setting the pool up. Had to cart 750 lbs of sand to the back yard. Today is about setting up curtains and electronics.

Oh yeah, and I have figure out a good budget sound system for my TV. These speakers are over 15 years old...

Peach loses this one, but check out how she uses the low float:

https://youtu.be/CtugoqYmvbY

That Dedede just wasn't playing the character right at all. Not once did he use his multijumps for mindgames.

I really didn't see a lot of low floating, except for a *few* attacks, which I'm aware of that as a technique, but I'm not good enough to see the openings for moves that slow. Unless you're talking about the float releasing, which my fingers are not that quick at all. I've tried that, a lot, and just can't do it.

I really didn't see a lot of low floating, except for a *few* attacks, which I'm aware of that as a technique, but I'm not good enough to see the openings for moves that slow. Unless you're talking about the float releasing, which my fingers are not that quick at all. I've tried that, a lot, and just can't do it.
They are all over the place!

I recommend watching Peach gameplay in general.

They are all over the place!

I recommend watching Peach gameplay in general.

I see a lot of floats off stage to recover, I see a lot of QFR's (which is basically dash dancing with floats, which I am no where near fast enough), and I see a lot of ground floats for just long enough to pull out an attack, which is slow enough that I can't see the openings for. Which are you referring to?

I see a lot of floats off stage to recover, I see a lot of QFR's (which is basically dash dancing with floats, which I am no where near fast enough), and I see a lot of ground floats for just long enough to pull out an attack, which is slow enough that I can't see the openings for. Which are you referring to?
Ah, I guess they were the QFRs. What is the input series for that?

I am going to practice this unsuccessfully later.

Wait, I might have written it wrong. You need to, while dash dancing, hold jump immediately followed by tapping down (jump must come first so you don't lose your momentum IIRC), then let go of both, while still inputting a dash dance.

Yeah, that Dedede wasn't good at all. His first mistake was not using the pink alt. And that gordo use made me cringe.

I thought you made lots of good decisions. You have improved a lot.

Perhaps, but I still fudge a lot of inputs and miss things. Whenever I watch myself play with someone who knows what they are doing, I ended up playing a lot worse.

Anyway, I'd like to 1v1, if anyone's available.

Perhaps, but I still fudge a lot of inputs and miss things. Whenever I watch myself play with someone who knows what they are doing, I ended up playing a lot worse.

Anyway, I'd like to 1v1, if anyone's available.

I can play in half an hour if you're still looking by then.
Edit: nvm, seems like you found someone :)

Top Bottom